The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 21, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #8,566 of 35,343

it should be in the second email that sennheiser sends you. first email is immediate and then you get another email shortly with order confirmation. look under -

Product SKU: HDTRACKS
Product Name: Free $25 voucher for HDtracks
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $0.00
Digital Rights: YOUR CODE SHOULD BE HERE

My email does not have a code where you say it should be.  It goes straight from "Amount: $0.00" to "Additional Product Information: Free $25 voucher for HDtracks..."

Nov 21, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #8,567 of 35,343
  My email does not have a code where you say it should be.  It goes straight from "Amount: $0.00" to "Additional Product Information: Free $25 voucher for HDtracks..."

The email I received from Sennheiser is like that, too. No codes.

Does anyone know whether Buysonic.com is an authorized Sennheiser dealer? And the headphones they sell are brand new with full warranty?

Nov 21, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #8,568 of 35,343

for me HD 700 = Electronic (no question), Jazz, Modern rock
HD 650= Classic Rock, Female Vocals, Classical

(my opinion only)

Well my HD700's haven't even shipped yet, as far as I can tell, but the HD650's have arrived and they're on my head as I type this.  It's a very nice can and I can see why so many people love it.

But I don't think it's for me.  It just doesn't have the energy to really do well with EDM and metal, which is a big chunk of my listening.  For intimate jazz and for rock stuff, it's great.  It's also really forgiving on bad recordings, while having the abillity to resolve good recordings well.  But those trebles are a wasted opportunity.  Gimme the HD650 with some treble sparkle and these could be apex predators!

It's interesting.  But man, my HE-4 blows it out of the water for the majority of my listening.  

Based on the above quote and some of the other stuff I've read, I think the HD700 will be a bit more up my alley.  Can't wait to hear it.  I'm going to keep the HD650's for a few days at the very least and see if brain burn-in makes much of a difference.

Anyways, hopefully some of the folks considering all the Senn deals going on right now find some use out of this post.

Nov 21, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #8,569 of 35,343
So this is whats been going on in the past hour while I was waiting for my pizza.......

What the hell guys?

I dont want to pull the trigger on that hd600 or 650.... I feel like im going to go crazy!!!!

on the other hand, thanks for the heads up on the Creative black friday

Im still wondering which to get, Sound Blaster Z pcie or Sound Blaster Omni USB.....

decisions decisions....

I really want the PCIe card but with people saying that the Omni is just versatile, means i can use it with my laptop. But then again, I rarely use my laptop for anything other than watching youtube videos or being lazy and not wanting to get on my PC....

But knowing that I can hook it up to anything, gives me an advantage....

then again...

Most of the time I am on my PC.........aeerggh

Dont know what to choose.

Sound Blaster Z has more options too...well slightly more.

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #8,570 of 35,343
  The email I received from Sennheiser is like that, too. No codes.

Does anyone know whether Buysonic.com is an authorized Sennheiser dealer? And the headphones they sell are brand new with full warranty?

Yes to both questions.
And.....
Woo Audio just went live with their BF sale:
"NOW THROUGH DEC 1ST, 2014 ALL WOO AUDIO PRODUCTS 10% OFF + FREE CONUS SHIPPING"

Very tempting, I've been looking at the WA7 for a while...

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #8,571 of 35,343
I got an email from sonicelectronix today with a promo to get the Momentums for $177 with code SHSAVE:

Website: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/search?keyword=PreBlackFridaySennheiserDeals14&affiliate=earlybf314&utm_campaign=2589945_earlybf314&utm_content=r.lttlfld@gmail.com&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #8,573 of 35,343
I got an email from sonicelectronix today with a promo to get the Momentums for $177 with code SHSAVE:

Website: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/search?keyword=PreBlackFridaySennheiserDeals14&affiliate=earlybf314&utm_campaign=2589945_earlybf314&utm_content=r.lttlfld@gmail.com&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

they are also at their buysonic.com website, without the code just FYI...they are both the same company

Nov 22, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #8,576 of 35,343
Nov 22, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #8,578 of 35,343
It's interesting.  But man, my HE-4 blows it out of the water for the majority of my listening.  

I also had the 650 side by side with he4. He4 and 650 are so much different it's hard to compare them. I could see a place for them but I'm really really looking forward to your impressions of hd700 vs he4. I wanted to bite on that 700 deal so so bad!!

Nov 22, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #8,579 of 35,343
...Deleted for moderation...

He could/would be fired if they found out he was reselling products bought on employee discount.
Some companies have a friends/family discount, but the purpose for that is more like the employee getting a gift for someone. There is very specific legal terminology about what is okay and what isn't, because using that employee for discounts is bad for the electronics store and does damage to the brand value of the manufacturer's product. This is another thing that gloating about will have people frowning at you for.

Nov 22, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #8,580 of 35,343
That is true. But he did ask to introduce my friend but i said pretty much no. I know they can get fired, thats why I dont give out personal info about anything. That info is something i only know. I didnt say anything more other than what is there. But I guess u should delete what you copied and i will delete what i have said...fair enough..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back