The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 14, 2014 at 12:00 AM Post #5,524 of 35,330

Mini-ITX has become quite small.  This can easily fit into a backpack or something similar

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129185&cm_re=antec_mini_itx-_-11-129-185-_-Product

True but, you would still need a monitor or something as well.   And a power source.  Wouldn't a laptop be a bettter choice if you planned on lugging it around in a bag?  

Jun 14, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #5,525 of 35,330
Jun 14, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #5,526 of 35,330
True but, you would still need a monitor or something as well.   And a power source.  Wouldn't a laptop be a bettter choice if you planned on lugging it around in a bag?  

Performance vs cost, this is cheaper, and supports more things I have than a laptop can. Plus you can plug into someone's TV.

Also, I have tablets for other purposes.

Jun 14, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #5,527 of 35,330
I went into a local Canadian Sony Store and bought a pair of XBA-H3 and while the shelf price said $349 the computer actually came up as $249 so they appear to be having a skunk works sale of the H3 going on. Not sure if this nation wide but it is definitely worth checking out just in case.

I actually got very lucky because the salesman had agreed to give $25 off when we thought the price was $349 and he still gave me theb$25 off so I only paid $225 for mine plus tax. After 2 accidental washing machine incidents with IEM's this year I ended up buying a 2yr accidental replacement warranty for $50 as well which is transferable if ever sell these in Canada.

Jun 14, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #5,528 of 35,330
Wow, great deal on the XBA-H3 you stumbled into.

I also got myself a pair from Amazon for $249. Actually had to pay tax on top of that.

They are a very nice sounding IEM! The sound is so big and smooth. There's something mezmerizing in the way it handles vocals.

They are still burning in, so I look forward to them settling even more.

I normally shy away from spending too much more than $200 on IEMs (probably a psychological barrier), but so far these have been worth it.

Thanks to OP for posting the deal!

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #5,529 of 35,330
The seller has the hd700 and hd800 for $100 as well.  I assumed it was a scam, and I was going to post the price just so others can say they once saw them going for that amount.  Since the seller has everything going for $100, I assume it's incompetence and now feel bad for them.  They're going to get some serious negative feedback before they sell one item.  Of course, if it's a scam, they deserve it.

Well, it's been shipped. Will it be a rock or something else????

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #5,530 of 35,330

Not to burst your hope, but it probably at least will be something with the density of a rock :D  I've fallen for similar "too good to be true" scams on ebay before, for example a Colorfly C3 for $30 bucks where the seller shipped me an empty microsd holder to buy time.  That's what the seller is most likely doing in this case, buying time to get that 100 bucks out before amazon and whatever local authorities shut them down.  Its just irritating that the same scam permeates through different web sites year after year, and someone keeps on getting away with it...

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #5,531 of 35,330
I fully expect it to be a rock. However, the storefront was only up for a day with all items listed at $100 including items not worth a $100. Next day it was down. The purchase was completely thru the amazon store, which means it's fully protected with amazon's a-z guarantee. So it will be interesting to see how quickly amazon issues a refund.

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #5,532 of 35,330
The seller has the hd700 and hd800 for $100 as well.  I assumed it was a scam, and I was going to post the price just so others can say they once saw them going for that amount.  Since the seller has everything going for $100, I assume it's incompetence and now feel bad for them.  They're going to get some serious negative feedback before they sell one item.  Of course, if it's a scam, they deserve it.

YOU DID IT! WHY? XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back