The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
May 9, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #4,816 of 35,330
Well, link took me directly to Cowboom, but yeah, you're right. Coupon code is only good for the new sets, which they're sold out of.

Guess they just go really fast and you have to be at the right place at the right time. Sigh.

yeah, they get sold out pretty quickly. Cowboom is known to be doing that with their a900x as well. I want to say they put like 4 new pairs for that price and then thats it. After that they will only show you the used sets.

May 10, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #4,817 of 35,330
May 10, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #4,818 of 35,330
The ATH-ESW9A sold out within an hour of being posted. I got in on 1.

Some flippers got 3 or more to sell on eBay, which basically ruined it for people that actually wanted to buy these to use...

May 10, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #4,820 of 35,330
Nothing to do with headphones...but, if anyone is looking for a quality boom box type of player, the B & W Zeppelin and Zeppelin Mini seem to have been upgraded, the older models are being sold on eBay, probably wind up on other discount sites, about $5-600 list, selling on eBay about 1/2 price or so. Got mine used for $149 on eBay (said it was a demo in a furniture showroom, not used, came looking fine), this thing really sounds good for a unit about 6.5 inches tall, 12.5 inches wide...it does really feel heavy, makes you feel like there's serious gear in there, and for a little box, this thing sounds great! No, it won't replace your tower speakers, high end amp, etc, but if you need a little box (it's basically an iPod unit, doesn't have radio or other source, but will charge iPod/iphone (pre iPhone 5 older style connector), can use line in for other players, usb in for computer playing or streaming. I have had a number of Cambridge Audio and other well regarded boxes like this, the sound on this, on early litening (came today), just kills the others I've heard, and it takes up little space (I mentioned to my wife that hearing how good this little guy is, I'm sorry I didn't go for the bigger Zeppelin, to which she replied, thank goodness you didn't get anything larger than this, it's a really good size! Some people have there priorities messed up, but you could be in a situation that size makes a difference, and the larger Zep is more expensive, natch). Just a heads up...

May 11, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #4,821 of 35,330
Used pair of Sennheiser IE 800 (like new condition) third party seller on Amazon for $552 + $4.99 shipping

FiiO X5 with 64GB MicroSD, 3.5mm Stereo Cable, ProStudio Coaxial Audio Connection Kit with Leather Case bundle on Amazon for $369.95 + $12.99 shipping

New Beyerdynamic T1 for $759.95 on ebay from ebay seller SonicSense 

Razordog on ebay had a couple of open box Hifiman HE-500, sold for $498 earlier

May 11, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #4,822 of 35,330

Got an email today from TTVJ and everything in the Used section is 10% once added to the cart.  Start buying.

I just snagged the Grado RS-1i for $517 shipped. Comes with an extension cable and adapter. I'd say that's a great deal coming from TTVJ.

The Rosewood LCD 2 for $810 really had me tempted too.........sigh

I should just put my money and credit cards in one big pile and light it on fire, about the only thing that would stop me from caving to these HF deals.............

May 11, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #4,824 of 35,330
I have some HRT Music Streamer II+ and HD s that I got them for my debt. I am considering to give very cheap prices.

I wonder if it is against rules for posting here prices for these?

May 11, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #4,826 of 35,330
I know, I opened there, just asked because they are brand new and from distributor. But I have them and they dont have invoice. Anyway, it is against rules, mods can delete this and the post above.

Thanks.

May 11, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #4,827 of 35,330
Used Like New Sennheiser IE800 has dropped a lil more on Amazon to $507 shipped.  Seller only has 1 rating.  The one provided picture of the product looks like new as well, but given I've never seen one up close, and this isn't the biggest picture either, I am no real judge.  The next one up is new at $745 shipped, so quite a bit of room between the two.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A34TU7W/

May 11, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #4,828 of 35,330
  Used Like New Sennheiser IE800 has dropped a lil more on Amazon to $507 shipped.  Seller only has 1 rating.  The one provided picture of the product looks like new as well, but given I've never seen one up close, and this isn't the biggest picture either, I am no real judge.  The next one up is new at $745 shipped, so quite a bit of room between the two.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A34TU7W/

I believe the IE800 has been counterfeited a lot. There are telltale signs but there'd have to be more pictures [it's little things, nothing obvious]. Not saying this is but it's good to be careful, especially since it's still not cheap.

May 11, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #4,829 of 35,330
  I believe the IE800 has been counterfeited a lot. There are telltale signs but there'd have to be more pictures [it's little things, nothing obvious]. Not saying this is but it's good to be careful, especially since it's still not cheap.

Oh I'm certainly with you.  Its just that its cheap enough that for some, its worth the risk, especially seeing that if it turns out to be counterfeit and its on Amazon, I imagine getting your money back isn't exactly impossible either.

May 11, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #4,830 of 35,330

Users who are viewing this thread

Back