The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
May 5, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #4,681 of 35,332
Too bad you missed em when they were selling on Amazon for $80 a little while ago... Unless she wants the blue ones specifically.

May 5, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #4,683 of 35,332
I think I read somewhere on their faq that they werent able to fufull some orders, check your credit card or something (i dont know how credit cards work) but if you were charged you should probably find a way to contact them, they took the grab bag faq feature on their home page down and it seems like theyre done with that

I finally got them on the phone earlier. They finally shipped my order today. I suspect I will be writing an angry email later. 6 weeks later and the only reason they shipped today was I asked about it. Talked to them a week ago as well and they said they'd ship, but never did.

May 5, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #4,684 of 35,332
I finally got them on the phone earlier. They finally shipped my order today. I suspect I will be writing an angry email later. 6 weeks later and the only reason they shipped today was I asked about it. Talked to them a week ago as well and they said they'd ship, but never did.

They sent me an email about a week ago saying that they were sorry to anyone who placed an order during their grab bag promotion, but they were inundated with so many orders that their servers crashed and they had to go out and hire a few people to help them recover and process the orders, and if you haven't received your order, contact them and let them know, but please be patient.

I can't find the email, so thats not everything word for word, but that's the gist of things.

May 6, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #4,687 of 35,332
I decided to pop on the Denon. The Best Buy down the street from my work had a pair in stock. I liked that the Magnolia section manager said "Wow, that's a pretty good discount". Yes and they're mine!

There are still several available around S. California. The inventory system is reasonably quick and their site removed the location I purchased them from an hour or two later.  Also, some may have luck getting a demo pair from the store display; they won't need them anymore. A couple other headphones were discounted with similar sale tags but they didn't stand out as similarly good deals.

Unboxed, sound great. There are some minor niggles that are mentioned in the reviews but I'm definitely happy. These are my highest MSRP phones to date, my HD598s and ATH-ESW9a are both a ways off.

May 6, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #4,688 of 35,332
Philips Fidelio L1 $99 new with warranty from Icemonkey (a Dailysteals company). YMMV on shipping and issues. I've ordered many times, slow to ship but have never had a problem.

https://www.dailysteals.com/icemonkey/#deals/23306

May 6, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #4,691 of 35,332
  Beyer T1 down to $760 at Sonic Sense eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181383347568?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

2 left.

Eligible for $15 back in eBay bucks.........great deal!

Bought one......I couldn't resist that price.

Saw this at midnight while laying in bed drunk and ended up buying em.  Woke up this morning and couldn't remember if it was a dream or not!  It's real!

Checked it today and it looks like Sonic Sense has a perpetual stock of only three left...

May 6, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #4,693 of 35,332
Good deals all over recently

Yeah, I may have to unsubscribe to this thread for a few weeks!  o.O

Let's start posting deals on amps and DAC's!

May 6, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #4,694 of 35,332
Okay, I'll start:

There's a single used DSS on Amazon for $37.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O0KICS

These are probably the cheapest way to get virtual surround for your console gaming.  Honestly, I'm not sure how much they go for anymore, but I do no they're no longer common and other solutions like the Recon3D and Mixamp go from $70-$130.

May 6, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #4,695 of 35,332
Just reporting in, I'm in the San Antonio area and the best buy there have the d600 at $399. I ask about price matching another best buy and they say they can't and can only price match there own website. So silly, make there lowest price garunteed useless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back