The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Mar 22, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #3,691 of 35,330
  You have to choose Amazon as the seller and you will get the $129

Oh right, you mentioned that.  Works for me.  Now to decide if I want to buy them... lol

Mar 22, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #3,692 of 35,330
Im starting to think ultrasone is worse than grado.  Someone post some deals 
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #3,693 of 35,330
  Beyer DT-990 250ohm Pro for $129 at Amazon 

You have to choose Amazon directly and put them into your cart to see the price - they might be backordered, but they will honor the price - not sure if that is a screaming deal or not....

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-DT-990-Pro-250-Professional-Acoustically-Applications/dp/B0011UB9CQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395536800&sr=8-1&keywords=dt-990

I still dont know if I should get these since I already own the Fidelio X1s..Some say the X1s are better than the dt990...i just want some beyers lol

Mar 23, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #3,694 of 35,330
  I still dont know if I should get these since I already own the Fidelio X1s..Some say the X1s are better than the dt990...i just want some beyers lol

This was my thing too.  From what I've read, the 990's can be harsh in the highs and the X1's have a very similar sound except for that harshness.  Since I have X1's, I don't think I really need the 990's...

Mar 23, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #3,697 of 35,330
I am not sure if NCIX is still doing their sale but they had the Momentum On Ear on sale for $180.

Mar 23, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #3,698 of 35,330
  Sonicelectronix 25% off select headphones with coupon code "25HEADPH"
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/search?keyword=25offPreHeadphones

Sennheiser HD600 for 259.74 after 40MIR
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_31614_Sennheiser-HD-600-Black.html
link to sennheiser rebate
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/news-attention-music-lovers-and-content-creators-sennheiser-announces-spring-rebate-on-select-headphones-microphones-and-wireless-systems

Beyerdynamic T51p 216.75
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_73333_Beyerdynamic-T51p-T-51-P.html

KEF M500 224.97
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_77145_KEF-M500.html

AKG K550 for 179,97
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_70545_AKG-K-550.html

How long is this active for?

Mar 23, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #3,701 of 35,330
My order of the Accidentally Extraordinary 51st Studios has arrived. I am glad to report that whether it was accidental or intentional, the phones sound extraordinary. There is medium coloration to the sound, warm, musical, and fun. The bass notes will definitely take on a more prominent role. Fine details still sparkle through from time to time, and they are not overwhelmed by the slightly boosted bass, but rather just presented in a different way. I can actually enjoy the details better than analytical phones which gives you everything all at once and seems flat in comparison. 

Headphones are a bit smaller - I have the phones extended all the way and only then it fits alright albeit a bit tight. I have medium-large head. 

Build quality is okay - no complaints with the earpieces or the plug, but they use a lot of glue and the glue marks show at certain spots. The worst thing about the build quality is - the cushion on the headband seems like glued on. When I was trying to bend out the headband a little to make it a bit looser and more comfortable, I can see the cushion on the headband is coming apart a little. Definitely a concern there. 

Mar 23, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #3,704 of 35,330
My order of the Accidentally Extraordinary 51st Studios has arrived. I am glad to report that whether it was accidental or intentional, the phones sound extraordinary. There is medium coloration to the sound, warm, musical, and fun. The bass notes will definitely take on a more prominent role. Fine details still sparkle through from time to time, and they are not overwhelmed by the slightly boosted bass, but rather just presented in a different way. I can actually enjoy the details better than analytical phones which gives you everything all at once and seems flat in comparison. 

Headphones are a bit smaller - I have the phones extended all the way and only then it fits alright albeit a bit tight. I have medium-large head. 

Build quality is okay - no complaints with the earpieces or the plug, but they use a lot of glue and the glue marks show at certain spots. The worst thing about the build quality is - the cushion on the headband seems like glued on. When I was trying to bend out the headband a little to make it a bit looser and more comfortable, I can see the cushion on the headband is coming apart a little. Definitely a concern there. 

I'm looking forward to getting mine. The sound signature seems to be right up my alley. I appreciate the occasional analytical set of cans, but warm, musical, and fun really does it for me.

Too bad about the pads, though.

It's an interesting thing about wood and metal: sometimes it's meticulously done, like a lamp, chair, or desk from a fancy modern furniture manufacturer. Real impressive work that screams quality.

But other times it can look good from a distance but disappoint on closer inspection.

I'm thinking specifically about furniture and home decorations from import stores that sell low cost, low quality home decor.

The look of wood and metal promises quality, but in these cases, the quality of materials and level of fit and finish is often a let down.

I haven't had these Accidentally Extraordinary in my hands, but at the price point I would think they fall more towards the latter in terms of quality rather than the former.

For wood and metal at the price point, I'm not surprised at your description of the build.

Mar 23, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #3,705 of 35,330

After reading your post, I went and looked at mine which I got on Friday.  I noticed one bit of separation between the glue and the headband.  I'm not terribly concerned, given while this isn't ideal, its not enough of a separation to give me concern that the padding might come off.  The build quality of the rest of the headphone feels consistent with the price of it, and the materials certainly look nice.

The sound, I agree, is certainly fun and enjoyable.  For a product that snuck up out of nowhere, I think it has a lot of promise, I'm just hoping that the build quality holds up.  Also, I find them really quite comfortable, zero complaints on my end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back