The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Mar 19, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #3,603 of 35,373
Reading up on it, it seems to have the clamp of death. I can assume people with small noggins find it comfy and it seems people enjoy their sound...?

The clamp is not bad at all once you stretch the headband. Just leave it stretched over something wide over night and itll be nice and easy on the ears in the morning.

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #3,604 of 35,373
  I'm curious about the Mikros 90 too, but the more I read the more I get confused. Lots of conflicting opinions, and comfort seems to be a major issue for some too...am not sure if they'd be an upgrade for my current Aviators which have been a surprisingly excellent portable headphone...

It does have a strong clamp force, but I find the material the pads are made of pretty comfortable. I can wear them for about 3 hours, but more than that it starts to get uncomfortable for me. i've got one of those small noggins though 
tongue.gif

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #3,605 of 35,373
  It does have a strong clamp force, but I find the material the pads are made of pretty comfortable. I can wear them for about 3 hours, but more than that it starts to get uncomfortable for me. i've got one of those small noggins though 
tongue.gif

For me it was around that, maybe 4 hours straight.

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #3,607 of 35,373
Before I offend the Hype Gods of the Mikros 90.
Let me just say that the comfort of these cans were indeed very poor for us wearing glasses.
It was unbearable for me.
And overall, I wasn't particular impressed with the sound signature. Dynamics were sluggish. Lacked in speed and transients. Mid-bass hump. And transparency was below average. Where was this "soundstage" and balanced signature people raved about?
Just shows that you should always try something for yourself. 
I returned mine needless to say. 

Mar 19, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #3,615 of 35,373
For those looking to double down on the Sennheiser rebates with a promotion from Razordog or someone else, I sent an email to Sennheiser and got this not-quite definitive response: "~~The Spring Rebate is only for selected models and would be reflected in the price offer by a re-seller."

I take from this response that the rebate will work only if the re-seller has priced accordingly and has indicated so explicitly. Again, it's not definitive,  and here's to hoping someone can confirm otherwise as I'd like to make the most of the sales!  However, it appears to be a long shot that you can double down with the rebate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back