The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Mar 3, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #3,272 of 35,332
I am looking for a IEM with mic, I am patient to wait for a deal. Based on your experiences, is it worth to wait for a while to get a decent deal?
Also an IEM with mic narrows down the options a lot, so maybe I will go for an IEM without the mic option.

What do you think

Mar 3, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #3,273 of 35,332
Can anyone point me to the best deal on an open headphone in the $50 to $75 range at the moment? Looking for a headphone with low isolation for my teenage son. His mom requires him to be able to hear her if she yells at him from the door, so the poor guy has to listen with only one cup on with his closed headphones. Help this boy be able to game with stereo/surround
smily_headphones1.gif

The Pioneer Se-A1000 seem about the best deal at the moment at $55 on Amazon, but I know you guys know the best deals
biggrin.gif

Anything else out there with decent sound with similar (or less) isolation?

HD 518 is $80 on amazon? :)

And that is a VERY good headphone which is very suitable for gaming too. (When a mic is added for chat)

Mar 3, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #3,274 of 35,332
Can anyone point me to the best deal on an open headphone in the $50 to $75 range at the moment? Looking for a headphone with low isolation for my teenage son. His mom requires him to be able to hear her if she yells at him from the door, so the poor guy has to listen with only one cup on with his closed headphones. Help this boy be able to game with stereo/surround
smily_headphones1.gif

The Pioneer Se-A1000 seem about the best deal at the moment at $55 on Amazon, but I know you guys know the best deals
biggrin.gif

Anything else out there with decent sound with similar (or less) isolation?

Takstar HI2050 - semi-open, can be found for about $30 from sites like aliexpress and ibuygou.  Sounds excellent for that price.

Mar 3, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #3,276 of 35,332
Thanks, guys. I already looked into the Takstars, but someone who owns both them and the Pioneers felt the Pioneers less isolating. Grados are out (for other reasons I won't get into). Let me look at the HD 518s. That seems the best alternatives to the Pioneers :)

Mar 3, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #3,281 of 35,332
Sony MDR-10r $50 off at Amazon (from Dealzmodo):

Wired $100:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F0UFUHI

Bluetooth $150:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FJISZ8M

How is the sound on those? I have been eyeing them ever since i saw them at Best Buy. Im very intrigued on the Bluetooth version. Although I use some SoundMagic ES18 on the go as well as the Audio Technica M50s....would you guys say They are equal to the M50s or below them? I wouldnt mind having a bluetooth headphone just for the hell of it lol especially if it has good sound quality and a nice low end.

sigh...ever since i joined these forums, i have bought 3 pairs of headphones, Fidelio X1s, MA900, M50, SM ES18, Thinking of getting the NuForce HP 800 lol...and now these Sony lol

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #3,282 of 35,332
Not sure if this one is legit or not but there's a Grado GS1000i listed on Amazon for $324.68

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001BIQROS 

Mar 3, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #3,283 of 35,332
Mar 3, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #3,285 of 35,332
How is the sound on those? I have been eyeing them ever since i saw them at Best Buy. Im very intrigued on the Bluetooth version. Although I use some SoundMagic ES18 on the go as well as the Audio Technica M50s....would you guys say They are equal to the M50s or below them? I wouldnt mind having a bluetooth headphone just for the hell of it lol especially if it has good sound quality and a nice low end.

sigh...ever since i joined these forums, i have bought 3 pairs of headphones, Fidelio X1s, MA900, M50, SM ES18, Thinking of getting the NuForce HP 800 lol...and now these Sony lol

I do not have the MDR-10R so I cannot answer that question. They do get good reviews tho.
I was in the same boat as you when I joined last year buying headphones and IEMs almost monthly until I got $600 worth of goodies (XBA-4, PFE132, UE6000, M-80, GR07BE, VSD1/S/LE, M-Duo, Flux, Piston2...). I am done for the time being until all my units crap out (if I were to get another, it would be a BA/Dynamic hybrid like Dunu DN-1k or XBA-H3, but it has to be a good discount)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back