The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Mar 2, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #3,256 of 35,316
25% off KEF headphones at Sonic Electronix

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/search?keyword=KEF+M+Series+headphones&affiliate=audiophile14&utm_source=audiophile14&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=audiophile14

code-KEF2hPH5

Mar 2, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #3,258 of 35,316
  Thanks KT. That is helpful. Your comparison of the 598s and the Q701s is similar to other comparisons I've read. In fact, it's one of the reasons I've hesitated to buy the 598s. Aside from the headband, I'm happy with my Q701s (unmodded) and paid much less for them than Fry's sale price on the 598s.  

I agree with KT, I found the HD598 lacking and enjoy my K701s much more.  As for the headband of the Q701, if it is because the cups don't extend enough, there are some mods that can be done to improve the comfort, just send me a PM if you are interested.   

Mar 2, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #3,259 of 35,316
  Damn! I've been watching the 598s on Amazon for ages. I'm really curious about the sennheiser sound. They are listed as "currently unavailable" at Fry's :frowning2:

Yeah we currently have them listed as W status which means we won't be receiving anymore, I'll check our inventory to see if there is any 598s still available in any of the stores. (Last time I checked we only had some new ones in Anaheim, and Webster)
If you live by a Fry's near Anaheim, California or Webster, Texas you can have them transfer the headphones in.

We are running out of the really nice headphones and it makes me sad.  I really like getting customers into nice headphones.  The shelves were full of 598s before I started working then I told everyone they are a great headphone and I started clearing off the shelf.  As soon as customers tried it they wanted it and we had some good deals on it.

We also have the 558's in a lot of stores sadly not the one I work at.  And you can get those for like $120.

Mar 2, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #3,261 of 35,316
haha send a letter to Randy Fry next time you come to a Fry's store and make some recommendations for products we should carry.

We have these little "Letter to Randy" letters in the cafe's and usually up at the front check out.  It'd be great to get the average consumer more variety.

I'll keep you guys updated on good deals we have in stores on nice headphones or other audio gear.

Mar 3, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #3,263 of 35,316
Thanks! I don't live anywhere near a Fry's. The best audio place out here is Best Buy...and that's not very good. The audio people there don't know their ear from their elbow.

I think they generally listen with their elbows IN their ears, LOL!!!!

Mar 3, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #3,269 of 35,316
Can anyone point me to the best deal on an open headphone in the $50 to $75 range at the moment? Looking for a headphone with low isolation for my teenage son. His mom requires him to be able to hear her if she yells at him from the door, so the poor guy has to listen with only one cup on with his closed headphones. Help this boy be able to game with stereo/surround :)

The Pioneer Se-A1000 seem about the best deal at the moment at $55 on Amazon, but I know you guys know the best deals :D

Anything else out there with decent sound with similar (or less) isolation?

Mar 3, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #3,270 of 35,316
Can anyone point me to the best deal on an open headphone in the $50 to $75 range at the moment? Looking for a headphone with low isolation for my teenage son. His mom requires him to be able to hear her if she yells at him from the door, so the poor guy has to listen with only one cup on with his closed headphones. Help this boy be able to game with stereo/surround
smily_headphones1.gif

The Pioneer Se-A1000 seem about the best deal at the moment at $55 on Amazon, but I know you guys know the best deals
biggrin.gif

Anything else out there with decent sound with similar (or less) isolation?

HD 518 is $80 on amazon? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back