The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 14, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #2,971 of 35,345
Amperior and HD25-1 use the same driver. Both share the same spec, save the impedance. The "hip" version is easier to drive than the "pro" version, but to say one driver is inferior than the other is a stretch. It all comes down to marketing. It is like saying that the ER4S driver is better than the ER4P driver, when both use the same driver, but are tuned differently, with the ER4P being easier to drive and can be converted to an ER4S with a in-line impedance. This is why I laugh at some of these nonsense reviews on the amperior made by hd25 purists.

Feb 14, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #2,972 of 35,345
  If you like muddy bass and bright highs and no midrange and prefer lack of clarity/soundstage and more bass. Then... possibly.

Hah!  Guess I'm going to pass.  Already have an Amperior anyways.  But seems like a decent price...

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Feb 14, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #2,973 of 35,345

Hah!  Guess I'm going to pass.  Already have an Amperior anyways.  But seems like a decent price...

I read Focal Spirit Professional is an upgrade from Amperior. I wish they sell FSP for cheap price. What attract me the most is over ear. Too bad no killer deal for FSP.

Feb 14, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #2,974 of 35,345
  I read Focal Spirit Professional is an upgrade from Amperior. I wish they sell FSP for cheap price. What attract me the most is over ear. Too bad no killer deal for FSP.

They just came out. Give it time.

Focal usually is pricey on their entire product line, so don't expect them to drop any time soon.

Feb 14, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #2,976 of 35,345
Pink Velodyne VPulse $35

http://velodyne.com/special-offers/best-subwoofer-sale/vpulse-in-ear-headphones-2012-pink.html

Copy and pasted from slickdeals by iconian:

use code VPULSEFORME to drop to $45

I think there is some glitch there because if you create an account and check box to sign up for newsletters, you'll get 100 points for new account and 100 points for newletters, which totals to 200 points or $10

proceed to checkout, apply coupon code VPULSEFORME apply 200 points = $35 + free shipping

somehow, I don't think they were meant to work together

Feb 14, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #2,977 of 35,345
Pink Velodyne VPulse $35

http://velodyne.com/special-offers/best-subwoofer-sale/vpulse-in-ear-headphones-2012-pink.html

Copy and pasted from slickdeals by iconian:

use code VPULSEFORME to drop to $45

I think there is some glitch there because if you create an account and check box to sign up for newsletters, you'll get 100 points for new account and 100 points for newletters, which totals to 200 points or $10

proceed to checkout, apply coupon code VPULSEFORME apply 200 points = $35 + free shipping

somehow, I don't think they were meant to work together

All of the 'poor quality', 'bad service' reviews scare me. :frowning2:

Feb 14, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #2,979 of 35,345

All of the 'poor quality', 'bad service' reviews scare me. :frowning2:

While I cannot speak for the rest of the Velodyne line, particularly the "free" vFree's that clogged up this thread for a few weeks, the vPulse exudes quality. I have had my pair (plus a second, newer pair still in the box) for at least 20 months, using them 5+ days a week (this includes extracting and storing them in the case: wear & tear). No problems whatsoever and, more importantly, they sound awesome! I even accidently ran over them with my office chair with no adverse effects (the same thing happened to my NuForce IEMs - one would think I had learned my lesson - and they were destroyed, hence the fortuitous purchase of the Velodynes).

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #2,980 of 35,345

Just for comparison:
Amazon has them for $59.99. Been that way for a few months.  Camelcamelcamel says the lowest in the past year was $49.99 on Amazon. 

So if saving $5 is a good deal to you, then yes. 

Also, if you read the groupon goods fine print it says the products they sell are often from alternate sources and likely would not have the manufacturer warranty (my paraphrase).

$5 extra seems worth the peace of mind to me.

Feb 14, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #2,981 of 35,345

Are these good for the price?

...groupon.com/deals/...

Just for comparison:
Amazon has them for $59.99. Been that way for a few months.  Camelcamelcamel says the lowest in the past year was $49.99 on Amazon. 

So if saving $5 is a good deal to you, then yes. 

Also, if you read the groupon goods fine print it says the products they sell are often from alternate sources and likely would not have the manufacturer warranty (my paraphrase).

$5 extra seems worth the peace of mind to me.

Group buys are not to be mentioned here by forum rules.  Please edit or delete all post referencing them in any way.  We don't want another deals thread closed due to rule violations!

Feb 14, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #2,982 of 35,345

Group buys are not to be mentioned here by forum rules.  Please edit or delete all post referencing them in any way.  We don't want another deals thread closed due to rule violations!

I think Currawong mentioned in a previous thread that he did not categorize Groupon in the the same vein as group buy sites that are not allowed here. Hopefully, he can clarify this in more detail.

On another note, Razordogaudio's ebay page has an open box (with full warranty) HE-500 for 519, plus I got an email that today you can get 4X the ebay bucks (or 8% back, I think). So if you shop on ebay frequently, this might be a good deal.

Feb 14, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #2,984 of 35,345
How is Groupon a "group buy"? The link was for a single purchase.

It's not. Probably confused it because the word group is in the name. It's not mass drop or actual group buys.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back