The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 31, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #1,999 of 35,319
If you asked me for my New Year resolution, it would be to find out what´s the best deal awaiting for me.
beerchug.gif
Happy new year

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #2,004 of 35,319
Dec 31, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #2,005 of 35,319
those look a lot like ue 4000's

edit: actually at first glance they did but on further inspection they look much more premium and nicer. are they worth the $40? do they sound better than the jvc s400s?

They do look nice and they remind me a little of the elegance of leather and metal of the Bowers and Wilkins headphones.

They are better than the UE4000s. I have not tried the JVC s400s.
Reviews here and comments at Amazon can provide you with some guidance on these headphones.
Many of the reviews were made when the cans sold for closer to list price.

They may also still be available at Groupon at the same price.

The UE4000s were uncomfortable to me and the Apple controls on the cord are not impressive.
They were recently on sale for $29.99 at OfficeMax but bumped back to $99.99.

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #2,006 of 35,319
They do look nice and they remind me a little of the elegance of leather and metal of the Bowers and Wilkins headphones.

They are better than the UE4000s. I have not tried the JVC s400s.
Reviews here and comments at Amazon can provide you with some guidance on these headphones.
Many of the reviews were made when the cans sold for closer to list price.

They may also still be available at Groupon at the same price.

The UE4000s were uncomfortable to me and the Apple controls on the cord are not impressive.
They were recently on sale for $29.99 at OfficeMax but bumped back to $99.99.

i did read some reviews and many are quite good, and that was while factoring in the higher price tag like you mentioned also. at this cost they would obviously be even better. i just checked groupon and they appear to be sold out.

the ue4000s are on sale here in canada @ 39.99 w/free shipping at the moment but i passed on those and picked up some monster dna's for 99 instead. tempted to give the blueants a go though.

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #2,007 of 35,319
i did read some reviews and many are quite good, and that was while factoring in the higher price tag like you mentioned also. at this cost they would obviously be even better. i just checked groupon and they appear to be sold out.

the ue4000s are on sale here in canada @ 39.99 w/free shipping at the moment but i passed on those and picked up some monster dna's for 99 instead. tempted to give the blueants a go though.

Seems like a good price there. Good for you. The Blue Ant Embrace should be pleasing to many at that near $40 price.

I think I will go to Best BUY to listen to the newer OVER the ear model of Monster DNA headphones, they are currently the sole distributer of that model. Many stores sell the ON the ear models.

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #2,008 of 35,319
Seems like a good price there. Good for you. The Blue Ant Embrace should be pleasing to many at that near $40 price.

I think I will go to Best BUY to listen to the newer OVER the ear model of Monster DNA headphones, they are currently the sole distributer of that model. Many stores sell the ON the ear models.

did the over ear model just come out? i got the on ears from best buy, just arrived today. only gave them a quick listen but they sound pretty good so far. not sure i would pay $200 for them but for $99 you can't go wrong.

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #2,009 of 35,319
did the over ear model just come out? i got the on ears from best buy, just arrived today. only gave them a quick listen but they sound pretty good so far. not sure i would pay $200 for them but for $99 you can't go wrong.

I think they were released the end of October or early November.
Best BUY was to have an exclusive on the Monster DNA Pro Over the ear model but that exclusivity may be over.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back