The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 20, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #1,396 of 35,328
  I honestly don't know what your problem with Tyll is? He might have made this hobby a profession but he's pretty objective and always backing his opinion with measurements, so when he or joker say that something doesn't sound that good and they will probably not review it, there is a reason for that. If the new AKGs were good he would have said so and would make even a video review to share his impressions. Didn't you see that k812's measurements - distortion, quite a bit of ringing and it's out of absolute polarity, which shouldn't be acceptable for headphones in this price range and he's not accepting it.

+1

Dec 20, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #1,398 of 35,328
Moxpad X3 ...price is USD23 will last for 7 days.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Brand-Moxpad-X3-sport-Earphones-with-Mic-for-MP3-player-MP5-MP4-Mobile-Phones-in-ear/1427854533.html

The website Aliexpress similar to eBay ...got this recommendation from this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs

Check out this thread and see if you like it.

Detachable cable ...good built , deep insertion needed for better isolation. Balanced ,smooth , good bass and good imaging.
Imho if they were some branded items ..could easily cost more than USD 50 and above.

Bought from this seller and very good customer service and by far the cheapest in Aliexpress.

Dec 20, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #1,399 of 35,328
  Oh My Goshes what did i miss? O.O just came back from work and I saw the 91 new posts in this thread....

The complete range of human emtotion... the unbelievable excitement of seeing the Sennheiser HD800 on sale for $890 and the utter devastation when Amazon tells you they're not available after you hit "purchase"... not just once, but three times :frowning2:

Dec 20, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #1,400 of 35,328
It's ok.
I consider the Srh1840 to be a better bang for the buck at 400$ hehe.

Dec 20, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #1,401 of 35,328
It's ok.
I consider the Srh1840 to be a better bang for the buck at 400$ hehe.

There are MANY "better bang for the buck" headphones, but buying flagships isn't about bang for the buck. It's about getting the best sound available. Personally, I have had a barn full of great bang for the buck deals. If I added them all up, I could have several flagships and had the best available sound on my ears. You can only wear ONE pair of headphones at any given time.. for me, I am looking for the best I can get...

Dec 20, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #1,402 of 35,328

There are MANY "better bang for the buck" headphones, but buying flagships isn't about bang for the buck. It's about getting the best sound available. Personally, I have had a barn full of great bang for the buck deals. If I added them all up, I could have several flagships and had the best available sound on my ears. You can only wear ONE pair of headphones at any given time.. for me, I am looking for the best I can get...

be wise and donate ur left overs
wink_face.gif

on a serious note have u tried gr07??

i am asking everyone as i recently got these

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #1,403 of 35,328
  Not a hot deal, but if you shopped at Target during the 3-week period following Thanksgiving, there's a good chance your debit or credit card might have been hacked.  Up to 40 million customers could be affected by this breach.
mad.gif

I guess this just points to the reality of what can happen when openly using your card with so many retailers, and e-tailers.

http://thehackernews.com/2013/12/Target-Credit-Card-hacking-Data-breach.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheHackersNews+%28The+Hackers+News+-+Security+Blog%29&_m=3n.009a.434.bp0aof44ht.99l

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #1,404 of 35,328
The Sennheiser HD598 is really a nice headphone and its $149.95 price at FRY's Electronics, in-store while supplies last only, is a very good deal. The HD558s are priced at $119.
Check their Web site for local store availability.  It looks like you can order the HD558s online also; but, not so for the HD598s.

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #1,405 of 35,328
I would be surprised if Amazon honors the low price from yesterday on the HD800s if the low prices were pricing errors rather than a genuine low sale price.

If you do receive an email saying they shipped it, rather than simply seeing your purchase in "Shipping Soon" status,
then you likely were successful with purchasing at the low price.  

They have many items with free overnight shipping so you may want to search for those specials, a number of headphones have that shipping deal.

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #1,408 of 35,328
  I would be surprised if Amazon honors the low price from yesterday on the HD800s if the low prices were pricing errors rather than a genuine low sale price.

If you do receive an email saying they shipped it, rather than simply seeing your purchase in "Shipping Soon" status,

They have many items with free overnight shipping so you may want to search for those specials, a number of headphones have that shipping deal.

Charged...shipped...awaiting delivery.

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #1,410 of 35,328

It wasn't grossly mispriced like the dt250 for $20 a while back. Even for that, they shipped a bunch. Only the waitlisted people got their orders cancelled and that was weeks before they realized the mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back