The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 19, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #1,351 of 35,330
  HOLY! missed out on the HD800 deal by like 15 minutes. I'm watching this thread like a hawk and I still missed this?
frown.gif

don't worry. more like you missed the deal by one hour. I was checking when the deal first got posted & the "price error" got fixed really quickly.

didn't pull the trigger b/c I didn't have the $$$, but maybe I should have sniped a pair to sell :p

Dec 19, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #1,353 of 35,330
  I would love to hear a comparison review of the HD800 vs. HE400... I know the HD800 is a different class, but it would be interesting to hear about how much better the HD800 is & whether it is worth all that extra money for someone more budget conscious. 

Well I'll get to revisit it soon enough, but HE-500 or really HE-6 is a more fair fight. If you look at my chain in my sig, I did not have the Quickie when I compared side by side the HE-500 to the HD800. At that time, I'd say the it was a toss up mainly because of my choice of music genre being mostly rock or pop, and also I only have a Crack to drive the HD800. After I gave back the HD800 to my friend, I got the Quickie, and to me it really brought out depth and body to the sound for the HE-500. I maintain that my currently setup with the HE-500 sounds better than the HD800 + Crack from memory. Of course I'm sure the HD800 extends much better with better equipment. But if this ships, I guess I'll be able to compare side by side my current HE-500 setup to HD800 + Crack.

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #1,354 of 35,330

more like he got paid to do those reviews.

I honestly don't know what your problem with Tyll is? He might have made this hobby a profession but he's pretty objective and always backing his opinion with measurements, so when he or joker say that something doesn't sound that good and they will probably not review it, there is a reason for that. If the new AKGs were good he would have said so and would make even a video review to share his impressions. Didn't you see that k812's measurements - distortion, quite a bit of ringing and it's out of absolute polarity, which shouldn't be acceptable for headphones in this price range and he's not accepting it.

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #1,355 of 35,330
http://soundcheck.wnyc.org/story/12-days-soundcheck-chris-thile/?utm_source=showpage&utm_media=treatment&utm_campaign=featured&utm_content=item1

Soundcheck free live download of the day…something different, a live recording of Chris Thiele playing classical mandolin, Bach.  Enjoy

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #1,358 of 35,330
Originally Posted by zilch0md /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The interval between the OP and your post was only 28 minutes...

Mike

Actually 18 minutes. I noticed the time between the OP and the first comment about the deal was 7 minutes. That's 3 minutes of head-fiers frozen in shock, followed by rapid clicking. Took 7 minutes before people finally got everything checked out and could take the time to comment on it.
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #1,362 of 35,330
  Actually 18 minutes. I noticed the time between the OP and the first comment about the deal was 7 minutes. That's 3 minutes of head-fiers frozen in shock, followed by rapid clicking. Took 7 minutes before people finally got everything checked out and could take the time to comment on it.
biggrin.gif

Huh?

This is a trivial pursuit, but......

I'm currently seeing a 27 minute difference between those two posts.  And yes...  the sale started before the first post and ended before the last post.  In any case, it didn't last long.  

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #1,363 of 35,330
Lol thinking back now, if the HD800 ships, I would be paying including taxes, $60 less than what I paid for the HD700.

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #1,364 of 35,330

Huh?

I'm currently seeing a 27 minute difference between those two posts.  And yes...  the sale started before the first post and ended before the last post.  In any case, it didn't last long.  

Yeah, it's pointless, but it was at least half an hour before it was announced here

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #1,365 of 35,330

Huh?

Weird. I swear I get different timings. It's showing 1:30 and 1:12 for me.
confused.gif
In any case, we can blame the warping of the space-time continuum on the absurdity of that sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back