The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 14, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #1,127 of 35,330
  @hema, well, the HE400 were sold at $300 during black friday, so it is kinda possible that someone is dumb enough to buy em in bulk to unload each pair for a $5 profit.

Why would someone do that?  They'd actually lose money. Ebay fees are about 10% at the close of the auction for their fees, and add in 3.9% for PayPal fees.  The seller would be deep in the hole.

Edit: Also, an information source for the Sennheiser HD-439 mod, and some comments on the deals and headphones.

Earlier this year, I wrote up a well-documented post with pictures on the HD-428 mod.  This mod should be applicable to the HD-439 too as I believe the rear vents on the plastic driver backings are the same.
Link: http://www.head-fi.org/t/646251/sennheiser-hd-428-hd-428s-modding-guide-january-2013

Re: HifiMan HE-400.  I actually owned these 3 times.  It was a bit love / hate.  The bass is stellar, but each time, I could not get past the sibilance.  Male vocals and instruments are enjoyable.  If you listen to a lot of female vocalists ... it is SssSSSsssSSSssS all over the place.  However, there is some good EQ information in the HE-400 thread which is very good at making the HE-400 quite a good respectable performer.  If you use Foobar and install the parametric EQ plug-in, these headphones will sing like a bird.

Re: I got in on the $69.99 deal for the Logitech UE6000 headphones from Tigerdirect.  They were up to $79.99 yesterday.  I went to 3 local Best Buy stores to see if stock existed because the inventory on their Web site was not available, and the site said the item was no longer available.  Only one store had the demo pair available, for $159.99 as a clearance price.  Since no new ones were in stock, they offered me 10% off the pair.  Huh?  I was then around the headphone aisle a bit longer and the sales girl came back over to me and offered 20% off the price - as I guess her manager wanted to move them.  20% off of $159.99 for a demo pair that's been cranked up to the gills and pushed to the limits for the bargain price of 20% off of $159.99?  Nope.  I wouldn't even take out my Tigerdirect paperwork and get a price match at $79.99 for the clunkers.  What a night!

Dec 14, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #1,129 of 35,330
  Is this legit?

http://www.secondipity.com/info/dotd

If it is, then its a great deal. Anyway I have already ordered one..

They're a legit seller/company. I've never bought anything from their website but I have bought stuff from them through Amazon and I've never had any issues. They have it listed on Amazon for the same price and cheaper shipping.

Dec 15, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #1,130 of 35,330

Why would someone do that?  They'd actually lose money. Ebay fees are about 10% at the close of the auction for their fees, and add in 3.9% for PayPal fees.  The seller would be deep in the hole.

Not to mention you need to set aside 5~15% of the profit to cover losses when you get screwed that unlucky 1 in 20 times and lose all your money due to a scammer, mailing accident, theft, or other bad luck... a lot of people seem ignorant of this but a real business man does real accounting and realizes it's inevitable.

Dec 15, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #1,131 of 35,330

They're a legit seller/company. I've never bought anything from their website but I have bought stuff from them through Amazon and I've never had any issues. They have it listed on Amazon for the same price and cheaper shipping.

Thanks for the reply...

Dec 15, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #1,132 of 35,330
Is this legit?

http://www.secondipity.com/info/dotd

If it is, then its a great deal. Anyway I have already ordered one..

Also on ebay with free shipping...

Is it a good IEM? Not much about it on the forum.

I got a pair, too, just for the hell of it.

Someone on Amazon reviews said they sound just like the ER6i. I had the ER6 (very first incarnation before the "i") and hated them. Tinny, harsh, stiff, and unforgiving. We'll see about these. At least they don't cost an arm and a leg.

Btw, the HE-400 velour pads from RazorDog arrived today!

Dec 15, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #1,133 of 35,330
KRK KNS-8400 for $73.99 at Cowboom.com with Free Shipping...went to my local Best Buy and they matched this price.

http://www.cowboom.com/product/1039128

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #1,136 of 35,330
They are not great but this is the cheapest i have seen them. Also i wanted to see how i feel about the deep insersion of ety phones. You can look for the mc5 reviews, the mc2 is just an mc5 with mic.

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #1,137 of 35,330
Thanks. I'll look up the ETY MC5 for info.

Did everyone who ordered the Westone 3 from BuyDig get theirs?

I lingered on this and put in an order rather late. Just looked at my records and noticed they refunded my my payment. Guess they ran out of stock.

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #1,138 of 35,330
Thanks. I'll look up the ETY MC5 for info.

Did everyone who ordered the Westone 3 from BuyDig get theirs?

I lingered on this and put in an order rather late. Just looked at my records and noticed they refunded my my payment. Guess they ran out of stock.

Maybe it was a problem with your payment? You should contact them as they are currently in stock and at the same price. They shipped mine the next day, and it's currently in transit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back