The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 1, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #542 of 35,333
Westone 3 IEM still available at Amazon for $179.99. You have to search for "Westone Three-Driver Universal Fit Earphone, Black" to find them. Awesome price!

Dec 1, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #543 of 35,333
Ok
I am having a tough time following the replies in this forum. I get an email that someone replied to my post but when I check the thread, their post is not related to mine. There are a lot of posts here that also don't quote anyone but are in response to something (not sure what).

Anyways, I would like some clarification (please quote this post so I know you are talking to me)

I bought the MEElectronics M-Duo Dual Driver from amazon for 39.99 (reg $80)
is this a good deal? Are these headphones good (even without amplifier) ? If not, what would you recommend? I can still cancel my order.

How do the MEElectronics M-Duo compare to the Brainwavez S1's on sale for 39.99?

Thank you all very much in advance for your input

Please QUOTE this post if you are talking about any of these two above or have a recommendation (<$50)

Cheers.

Dec 1, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #544 of 35,333
I've been looking for some new IEM's for work and car rides and really like the HiFiMAN RE-400 Waterline for $100. Is it worth stepping up to the Westone 3 for $180 with that deal going on?

Dec 1, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #547 of 35,333
This thread is already massively off topic but what you are asking doesn't belong in this thread (at least IMO). You are asking for advise not anything related to a deal. Either start a new thread or go to the recommendations thread to ask for advise on headphones.
Quote:
  Ok
I am having a tough time following the replies in this forum. I get an email that someone replied to my post but when I check the...... SNIP

Dec 1, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #550 of 35,333

I'm asking for advice not related to a deal? Did I just not post that I bought a IEMs from a deal link someone posted here? Then in a following post where someone said those headphones are not good, I asked why? then I followed that up in my post asking for opinions for two headphone deals posted in this forum... If you deem that as off topic than that's ridiculous.

I think the concept of a deals thread on a forum evades you.

Dec 1, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #551 of 35,333
I have both the S1 and Duo. While both are not audiophile quality, I prefer the S1 by a great margin. My problem with the Duo is recessed and veiled mids and recessed highs. The three flange tips improve the highs, but they are uncomfortable and often deattach from the headphone and I have to fish it out from my ear. The only good thing is that bass is undustorted, but it is boomy and not well defined. The S1 is better in every aspect including fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back