The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 27, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #61 of 35,328
On Black Friday, Noble Audio is releasing their Universal IEMs for 20% off.  That makes the Noble 4 (quad-driver) about $360.  Do you guys think it'll have better sound quality then the UE900s or Westone 4R's?  Sure the UE900s and 4Rs will be cheaper because they've been out for 2-3 years but I'm talking sound quality wise.  Plus I'd pay more knowing that Noble's quad driver iem will be the newest model while UE might be making a version2 and Westone just released the new 40s (successor of 4R).

Nov 27, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #62 of 35,328
Agree. And even more interesting, I can rarely see ue900 for sale from main earphone dealers, such as amazon, earphone solution. So where could you get it at that price from? As for as I know,ue doesn't plan to discount ue900 this year according to the announcement from Ue's official facebook.

We can only guess... but the UE 900 are no longer available from Logitech UK after %45 off sale in the last 2-3 weeks and Amazon UK isn't selling any... Actually just checked, they have 1 left, someone probably cancelled the order. Anyhow, I read the UE 900 are good IEM, ljokerl reviewed them and rated them pretty high but then again he posted the UE 900 vs the UERM:

UERM Demo vs Ultimate Ears 900 ($399)

"This one was a disappointment. I wasn’t expecting great things from the UE 900 compared to one of UE’s flagship customs, but even Rin’s modified TF10 held up much better than this. Frankly, next to the UERM, the UE 900 – a pretty decent earphone on its own – sounded like crap. Overall clarity was nowhere near the UERM and the bass sounded boomy and unrefined. The only thing the UE 900 had going for it here was good bass extension.
The upper mids, which I’ve always thought were dull and lacking in energy on the UE 900, seem especially veiled next to the UERM. The UERM is flatter through the midrange and sounds much more transparent as a result. The midrange, and vocals especially, come through much clearer. The UE 900 gets better from there – the treble and presentation really aren’t bad at all, but there is just no comparing these two in overall realism."

I know the UERM are in totally diff league... but it's a good read.

Nov 27, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #63 of 35,328

Agree. And even more interesting, I can rarely see ue900 for sale from main earphone dealers, such as amazon, earphone solution. So where could you get it at that price from? As for as I know,ue doesn't plan to discount ue900 this year according to the announcement from Ue's official facebook.

We can only guess... but the UE 900 are no longer available from Logitech UK after %45 off sale in the last 2-3 weeks and Amazon UK isn't selling any... Actually just checked, they have 1 left, someone probably cancelled the order. Anyhow, I read the UE 900 are good IEM, ljokerl reviewed them and rated them pretty high but then again he posted the UE 900 vs the UERM:

UERM Demo vs Ultimate Ears 900 ($399)

"This one was a disappointment. I wasn’t expecting great things from the UE 900 compared to one of UE’s flagship customs, but even Rin’s modified TF10 held up much better than this. Frankly, next to the UERM, the UE 900 – a pretty decent earphone on its own – sounded like crap. Overall clarity was nowhere near the UERM and the bass sounded boomy and unrefined. The only thing the UE 900 had going for it here was good bass extension.
The upper mids, which I’ve always thought were dull and lacking in energy on the UE 900, seem especially veiled next to the UERM. The UERM is flatter through the midrange and sounds much more transparent as a result. The midrange, and vocals especially, come through much clearer. The UE 900 gets better from there – the treble and presentation really aren’t bad at all, but there is just no comparing these two in overall realism."

I know the UERM are in totally diff league... but it's a good read.

I am a Chinese and UE900 is even more popular than you can image in China. I can tell you something about it if you are interested in it. It has a low price in China and comes with low quality. Its sound is not superior but easier to grab your ear. Also, it is more comfortable to wear it. It has different sound compare with TF10 but one thing for sure is it is more clear than TF10. 

Nov 27, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #65 of 35,328
It's $100 on the old version that they're probably trying to clear stock on to make way for the new $150 version.

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #68 of 35,328
You'd probably have to pay me to take the FXZ-300's being given away with the Clip Zip. I passed up many of them at Ross.

Nov 27, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #69 of 35,328
Sorry, wrong thread.

Nov 28, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #71 of 35,328
  I'm thinking either FiiO E7+E9 combo or a Schiit Magnii + Behringer UCA202 (Current budget doesn't extend far enough to get Magni+Modi combo), though it sort of depends on the price of the DT-880.

I am wondering the same thing. I was thinking the HE-300 for 150, but if the 880 reach that price I'm tempted. I'm probably going to get the audioquest dragonfly from best buy (got about $100 in Giftcards). Will that be enough to power the 880 by themselves or will a combo of the dragonfly and the e11 be enough to power the HPs?

Nov 28, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #72 of 35,328

I am wondering the same thing. I was thinking the HE-300 for 150, but if the 880 reach that price I'm tempted. I'm probably going to get the audioquest dragonfly from best buy (got about $100 in Giftcards). Will that be enough to power the 880 by themselves or will a combo of the dragonfly and the e11 be enough to power the HPs?

Not to power them well, I extremely doubt they will be that cheap I'm guessing maybe $200? Even then I will bite and just sell my momentums, I have heard good things about the 880's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back