The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #46 of 35,332
I got my UE900 without any problem, tracking with purolator took time to show up on their site thought.  Ordered on 24 got it yesterday.  Works like a charm, I'm kinda happy for my first IEM/audiophile phones ever.

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #47 of 35,332
I got Tracking number for UE900, it should be here in next 2-3 days. 
smile.gif

it would be interesting to compare with PFE232 and TF10, which I already have

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #48 of 35,332
I got my UE900 without any problem, tracking with purolator took time to show up on their site thought.  Ordered on 24 got it yesterday.  Works like a charm, I'm kinda happy for my first IEM/audiophile phones ever.

Mine is still pending though my credit card is already charged. I am living in America, how about u guys?

Nov 27, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #50 of 35,332
Yeah, the fact that the UE 900 is no longer available in the UK (Logitech and Amazon) and was 50% off a couple of weeks ago is alarming. I have a feeling Ver. 2 is on the way, and didn't feel like taking a chance.

Nov 27, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #51 of 35,332
Does anyone know any great deals going on this week for nice headphone stands?

Nov 27, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #52 of 35,332
Mine is still pending though my credit card is already charged. I am living in America, how about u guys?

I live in Canada, and well I'm new in all of this so even if they release a V2 soon I can't afford the original price anyway so the deal was ok.  I just hope they don't drop to 109, I'll be a little upset. And well I had nothing else to rely on and I got a quick shipping so why not.

Nov 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #53 of 35,332
Yeah, the fact that the UE 900 is no longer available in the UK (Logitech and Amazon) and was 50% off a couple of weeks ago is alarming. I have a feeling Ver. 2 is on the way, and didn't feel like taking a chance.

why would a ver. 2 be a bad thing? The fact that the UE 900 exists doesn't make the TF 10 a bad sounding IEM. It'd be the same case for the UE 900.

Nov 27, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #54 of 35,332
  I live in Canada, and well I'm new in all of this so even if they release a V2 soon I can't afford the original price anyway so the deal was ok.  I just hope they don't drop to 109, I'll be a little upset. And well I had nothing else to rely on and I got a quick shipping so why not.

Highly doubt they´ll drop that much. 120$ line? please... unrealistic expectations and unfounded rumors... You made a decent choice.

Nov 27, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #55 of 35,332
This is the speculative nature of these deals, isn't it? When the price went down to $199, I went for it more on a whim than anything. A little more research showed the UE900 to be very good IEM! And at the time of purchase, half off of a very well regarded flagship IEM seemed like a killer deal.

And then rumors came out that they would go down to $110 on Black Friday. Tempting, and may turn out to be true, but it also seems unlikely to me that they would go that low. But indications are the UE900 will be discontinued, so prices will have to come down. But by how much?

So the quandry is, buy the UE900s for $199 or $191, whatever the price is now, and have them in your hand at a great price compared to retail? Or wait to see if the rumors come true and get an even better price at the risk of them selling out in a flash and not getting anything at all. And there's that constant worry about having to track it until the Black Friday prices are published to see if the prices do drop that much.

Luckily, Black Friday is right around the corner, so we'll find out soon enough.

Either way, there's a risk. One is that you've paid too much by buying early, the other is that you'll miss out on getting them all together by waiting for the lower price. 

Unless you are on the inside and know what is going to happen for sure, you just have to pick your risk and go with whatever is comfortable for you and live with consequences. And not feel too bad about it either way because you did what was right for you.

Nov 27, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #56 of 35,332
This is the speculative nature of these deals, isn't it? When the price went down to $199, I went for it more on a whim than anything. A little more research showed the UE900 to be very good IEM! And at the time of purchase, half off of a very well regarded flagship IEM seemed like a killer deal.

And then rumors came out that they would go down to $110 on Black Friday. Tempting, and may turn out to be true, but it also seems unlikely to me that they would go that low. But indications are the UE900 will be discontinued, so prices will have to come down. But by how much?

So the quandry is, buy the UE900s for $199 or $191, whatever the price is now, and have them in your hand at a great price compared to retail? Or wait to see if the rumors come true and get an even better price at the risk of them selling out in a flash and not getting anything at all. And there's that constant worry about having to track it until the Black Friday prices are published to see if the prices do drop that much.

Luckily, Black Friday is right around the corner, so we'll find out soon enough.

Either way, there's a risk. One is that you've paid too much by buying early, the other is that you'll miss out on getting them all together by waiting for the lower price. 

Unless you are on the inside and know what is going to happen for sure, you just have to pick your risk and go with whatever is comfortable for you and live with consequences. And not feel too bad about it either way because you did what was right for you.

Agree. And even more interesting, I can rarely see ue900 for sale from main earphone dealers, such as amazon, earphone solution. So where could you get it at that price from? As for as I know,ue doesn't plan to discount ue900 this year according to the announcement from Ue's official facebook.

Nov 27, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #58 of 35,332

From which website? who will offer such a low price? Only amazon can offer large supplies at that cost, the rest already posted their discounts... Don't believe what people write over the internet... 

Nov 27, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #60 of 35,332

Users who are viewing this thread

Back