The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Apr 10, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #13,982 of 35,336
If you made it in the first 200 you'll get a message from FiiO, this could take a while since they're going one at a time to pm and check.

All is not lost for WA residents... I hope.

Has anyone had luck with this? I filled out the info a couple of hours ago and am still waiting for the price to be adjusted.

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #13,983 of 35,336
  It might have been mentioned, but they have the "Out of Your Head" speaker emulation software on sale for $75 right now on MassDrop. Even if you aren't going to buy the software, go listen to the demo video on there! My jaw was on the floor. It is crazy awesome!

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/out-of-your-head-speaker-software

Please note that the "bypass" option in the Out of Your Head software actually degrades your audio quality. You will need to exit the software to get an accurate comparison against your default set-up.

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #13,985 of 35,336
  Please note that the "bypass" option in the Out of Your Head software actually degrades your audio quality. You will need to exit the software to get an accurate comparison against your default set-up.

I wasn't that impressed with the demo for movies, sounds just like my Yamaha Silent Cinema with Spectacle selected.

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #13,986 of 35,336
The x5 is an amazing single BA. Very enjoyable sound, has a nice sweet mid, great bass (controlled but goes deep yet somehow able to creat decent impact, surprising for a single ba) and highs are not pushed back nor sibilant. I can listen for hours and enjoy it from symphonies to rap.

I would like to know how it stacks against Audeo's $99 offer.

Having the PFE 012. I can say there good but not in the same class as the X7 or X11. That being said haven't heard X5 but being a $250 retail rage IEM. I would say much better. The entire Klispch X series are excellent IEMs.

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #13,987 of 35,336
The x5 is an amazing single BA. Very enjoyable sound, has a nice sweet mid, great bass (controlled but goes deep yet somehow able to creat decent impact, surprising for a single ba) and highs are not pushed back nor sibilant. I can listen for hours and enjoy it from symphonies to rap.

I would like to know how it stacks against Audeo's $99 offer.

I personally can't say since my cash is going towards other stuff and I am passing this up at the moment. If anything, I am looking at either the Titan IEM or an HE-4. I hope this deal helps out a fellow Head-Fi'er.

Apr 10, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #13,988 of 35,336
As April 15th looms we thought we should give everyone an opportunity to spend that refund money smartly. And so we are having an IRS sale, Invest that Refund Smartly. From now through Friday April 17th when you buy a Crack headphone amplifier kit you can add the Speedball upgrade kit to your order - regularly $115 - for just $20!

Apr 10, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #13,990 of 35,336
A few new deals from ALO Warehouse:

Fidue A83 $190
http://warehousedeals.aloaudio.com/headphones/fidue-a83-referenced-triple-hybrid-hi-end-in-ear-monitor

Yuin OK1 $160
http://warehousedeals.aloaudio.com/headphones/yuin-ok1-high-fidelity-quality-professional-earbuds-earphones

I don't know IEM prices that well so they may not be that good of prices. A cursory search puts them in the same range as some of the classifieds here for used ones. 

Apr 10, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #13,991 of 35,336
6 months ago those Fidue A83 (dynamic plus dual ba per ear) were $329-349 and they more than warranted the price in the sound dept, some even called them a bargain at that price. At $190 new, those are absolutely a no brainer. Get em! They're comparable to $600-900 iems.

I rarely keep gear (just look at my list) but these are absolute keepers. Only downside are some people find the fit problematic and the cable connections has issues. Good thing Shure sells cables for $30 though.

A few new deals from ALO Warehouse:

Fidue A83 $190
http://warehousedeals.aloaudio.com/headphones/fidue-a83-referenced-triple-hybrid-hi-end-in-ear-monitor

Yuin OK1 $160
http://warehousedeals.aloaudio.com/headphones/yuin-ok1-high-fidelity-quality-professional-earbuds-earphones

I don't know IEM prices that well so they may not be that good of prices. A cursory search puts them in the same range as some of the classifieds here for used ones. 

Apr 10, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #13,993 of 35,336
I goofed and thought the deal was an X7. Never heard the x5 either. Whoops.
Having the PFE 012. I can say there good but not in the same class as the X7 or X11. That being said haven't heard X5 but being a $250 retail rage IEM. I would say much better. The entire Klispch X series are excellent IEMs.

Apr 10, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #13,995 of 35,336
mine on order

Don't forget to start acquiring 120+ ohm headphones. I'm kicking myself doe not getting the dot-770-250s when they were on sale a few weeks ago for $120 AR.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back