The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 30, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #9,526 of 35,336

Who has the ACS T1 at 40% off? I am tempted.. Would be my first CIEM. Thanks.

I'm in on it. They sent me my receipt already :)

OK, even at 40% off, comes to about $750 for the top one. How did you pick that one over the $699 UERM, the Heir 8a (about $740), the 1964ears V6 ($699-they are doing Kickstarter with an equivalent universal), not to mention Westone, and a few others? This is driving me crazy. Comfort seems to be very nice on the ACS, from what I've read (silicon), though the Westone and 1 or 2 others (?1964ears), not sure at this moment) do something similar. Just curious, thanks.

Nov 30, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #9,527 of 35,336
OK, even at 40% off, comes to about $750 for the top one. How did you pick that one over the $699 UERM, the Heir 8a (about $740), the 1964ears V6 ($699-they are doing Kickstarter with an equivalent universal), not to mention Westone, and a few others? This is driving me crazy. Comfort seems to be very nice on the ACS, from what I've read (silicon), though the Westone and 1 or 2 others (?1964ears), not sure at this moment) do something similar. Just curious, thanks.

The top one is Acs t1. You don't need the live. That just adds a microphone for a stage performer to hear the crowd via a wireless unit. Otherwise it's the same unit. So 40% off gets us to $600. :)

The absolute key to me was the comfort. I don't listen to my jh13 enough as it is because I don't like acrylic customs; so never again.

That being said I tested the universal version of the noble 8c. Very fun and snappy iem. I can see how most people would like them. That's not the same as the 8a, I realise, but it's probably close enough. I wasn't in a rush to deal with heir audio cos they look like they're in trouble after noble left, and with their frequent sales I could always change my mind.

The 1964 v6... I tried the demos. They're nice, but the v6s is better. They seemed capable enough but frankly, didn't call out to me as very unique. The noble 8c and k10 were clearly better in my audition.

Didn't try the rest. I did try the Acs t1 though. Very fun and musical, as you'd expect of an iem tuned for the stage. The best way I can describe this is, on fast songs I felt the bass on my 846, and on the Acs t1 I just found myself bobbing my head subconsciously to the music. My jh13s are a little like that too, but increasingly I find they lack clarity and are a little too warm for my liking. The Acs t1 also had beautiful, beautiful mids. Someone like the mids I've heard on my he6. Simply magical. Slightly less forward than the 846 one, but very organic and multi-layered.

As I said, I've had my eye on the Acs t1 for more than a year. In fact my dealer first suggested them to me, together with the beyer t1, when I mentioned my preferences. My he6 bests the t1 (especially out of a speaker amp), so I'm settled on my home rig, but at office and on the road variety's the spice of life so I've never quite been able to get them out of my head. Psyched to be getting them soon!

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #9,528 of 35,336
Amazon Lightning deal for koss pro dj100 will start tomorrow morning.

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #9,529 of 35,336
The top one is Acs t1. You don't need the live. That just adds a microphone for a stage performer to hear the crowd via a wireless unit. Otherwise it's the same unit. So 40% off gets us to $600.
smily_headphones1.gif

The absolute key to me was the comfort. I don't listen to my jh13 enough as it is because I don't like acrylic customs; so never again.

That being said I tested the universal version of the noble 8c. Very fun and snappy iem. I can see how most people would like them. That's not the same as the 8a, I realise, but it's probably close enough. I wasn't in a rush to deal with heir audio cos they look like they're in trouble after noble left, and with their frequent sales I could always change my mind.

The 1964 v6... I tried the demos. They're nice, but the v6s is better. They seemed capable enough but frankly, didn't call out to me as very unique. The noble 8c and k10 were clearly better in my audition.

Didn't try the rest. I did try the Acs t1 though. Very fun and musical, as you'd expect of an iem tuned for the stage. The best way I can describe this is, on fast songs I felt the bass on my 846, and on the Acs t1 I just found myself bobbing my head subconsciously to the music. My jh13s are a little like that too, but increasingly I find they lack clarity and are a little too warm for my liking. The Acs t1 also had beautiful, beautiful mids. Someone like the mids I've heard on my he6. Simply magical. Slightly less forward than the 846 one, but very organic and multi-layered.

As I said, I've had my eye on the Acs t1 for more than a year. In fact my dealer first suggested them to me, together with the beyer t1, when I mentioned my preferences. My he6 bests the t1 (especially out of a speaker amp), so I'm settled on my home rig, but at office and on the road variety's the spice of life so I've never quite been able to get them out of my head. Psyched to be getting them soon!

I've been trying to order the ACS T1 but can't get the site to throw up Canada when entering my shipping info. It only gives me USA. Very frustrating to say the least

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #9,532 of 35,336
I've been trying to order the ACS T1 but can't get the site to throw up Canada when entering my shipping info. It only gives me USA. Very frustrating to say the least

I'm shipping to a forwarder so no such issues. Acts was happy to accommodate, too. That being said, my approach this Black Friday is pay first, discuss later :) everyone's out celebrating so I assume it may take a while to reply. By which time the deal may have ended :frowning2:

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #9,533 of 35,336
I'm shipping to a forwarder so no such issues. Acts was happy to accommodate, too. That being said, my approach this Black Friday is pay first, discuss later
smily_headphones1.gif
everyone's out celebrating so I assume it may take a while to reply. By which time the deal may have ended
frown.gif

I was hoping Unique Melody would have a black Friday sale but no such luck. I've used someone to forward me stuff in the past but he's very busy nowadays and I don't want to bother the poor fellow so I may be out of luck
frown.gif

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #9,534 of 35,336
I was hoping Unique Melody would have a black Friday sale but no such luck. I've used someone to forward me stuff in the past but he's very busy nowadays and I don't want to bother the poor fellow so I may be out of luck
:frowning2:

I use a commercial forwarder actually. It's a paid service. Ironically it sometimes ends up cheaper than the original company's international shipping. One such service that also ships to Canada is comgateway...

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #9,535 of 35,336

The top one is Acs t1. You don't need the live. That just adds a microphone for a stage performer to hear the crowd via a wireless unit. Otherwise it's the same unit. So 40% off gets us to $600. :)

c
Hey, for $600, not too shabby, I ordered (YIKES!!!!!!!!!!), first time with a ciem. Have to get molds/fitting done, understand they can even do it in Manhattan (I live not too far away in Jersey). Boy, I'm being very good to myself this holiday season, trying to tell myself I deserve it :wink_face:
Thanks for the input, sounds really great, I always struggle with regular iems and fit/seal, hopefully that will take care of that issue (I know, people do have trouble with the custom fits sometime as well, see the resales in the For Sale thread).
Happy Holidays

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #9,536 of 35,336
OOPS, double post, must be too excited :)

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #9,537 of 35,336
Hey, for $600, not too shabby, I ordered (YIKES!!!!!!!!!!), first time with a ciem. Have to get molds/fitting done, understand they can even do it in Manhattan (I live not too far away in Jersey). Boy, I'm being very good to myself this holiday season, trying to tell myself I deserve it :wink_face:
Thanks for the input, sounds really great, I always struggle with regular iems and fit/seal, hopefully that will take care of that issue (I know, people do have trouble with the custom fits sometime as well, see the resales in the For Sale thread).
Happy Holidays

congrats! You're gonna love them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back