The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Aug 13, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #6,634 of 35,339

Be careful.  Good point raised above on the risk of a speaker being damaged, but the biggest risk with these are the embedded wires...they are not plug and play/replaceable and the design lends itself to shorts.  Great sound for the money but there's a lot of feedback about lack of longevity due to the wiring.

Best of luck.

HS

Yea, my other concern is that I heard there were basically 2 versions, the latter in which they redid the wiring.

May have to buy new then, in hopes of getting the more recent.

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #6,638 of 35,339
GTA, cuz we hood.
biggrin.gif

LOL GTA means greater toronto area which actually covers a few cities all connected. Toronto is in the state of Ontario. Ontario is a huge place and not one you can easily move around. However, GTA is a useful term for us locals as it gives us an idea of the vicinity. It's much easier travelling around in GTA as it's all connected in comparison to the more rural areas. I'm probably not explaining this right, but I'm sure the locals understand it.

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #6,639 of 35,339
Could be, not the only person I've seen type that though, which is why I initially decided it didn't stand for what it apparently stands for.  Some part of me was hoping it was referring to a REALLY crappy part of Canada that was rife with car jackings.

Aug 13, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #6,642 of 35,339

Yea, my other concern is that I heard there were basically 2 versions, the latter in which they redid the wiring.

May have to buy new then, in hopes of getting the more recent.

Interesting.  I never saw anything about the new ones having improved wiring in all the reviews I read....I did a TON of research.  Mostly focused on the Klipsch, B&O and Swan.  I ended up going with the Swan's M50-W's.  They were a bit of overkill...sub is off the hook.  My boys love the system hooked up to the wife's iMac...just off the kitchen and we jam.  I just saw these at a surprisingly low price new with free shipping so if you're interested, let me know.  I had to source mine from a specialty retailer when I bought them a month or two ago, but now I can see them on the net at darn competitive price ($223).

HS

Aug 13, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #6,643 of 35,339
Best deal to buy HD800 in Canada, in GTA area?

I thought you had hd800.
I bought mine from bay bloor radio during the black Friday for $1250+hst.

And lol. Grand Theft Auto, you made some people confused. :)

And try mostlydigital.ca

I bought my denon d7000 for $620 + hst when eveywhere was $999. cad.

Call mostlydigital and ask for the special . :wink:

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #6,644 of 35,339
I thought you had hd800.
I bought mine from bay bloor radio during the black Friday for $1250+hst.

And lol. Grand Theft Auto, you made some people confused.
smily_headphones1.gif

And try mostlydigital.ca

I bought my denon d7000 for $620 + hst when eveywhere was $999. cad.

Call mostlydigital and ask for the special .
wink.gif

I have had my friend's HD800 with me for a few months as he is out of the country. I'll have to get myself a HD800 one of these days.

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #6,645 of 35,339
I have had my friend's HD800 with me for a few months as he is out of the country. I'll have to get myself a HD800 one of these days.

Haha you already miss, I can tell :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back