The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 25, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #5,747 of 35,338
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00007056H Recommended a few days ago on this thread, these Koss are simply amazing at $20 and ridiculous at the sale price of $10.

Don't think, just get one and feel bad about the $200 headphones you just bought. Diminishingreturns.com

OK, I was skeptical, but these are a good deal. Just got them delivered and I am impressed. I like them better than the Porta Pro. Tighter sound and really good imaging.

It's too early to make a full assessment, but these are sounding really good in the first minutes!

They're sounding so good, I bought 3 more, one as a spare and two as gifts. Great for $10!

Thanks for posting the deal!

A note about the phones: I have a medium sized head and they fit me perfectly with the arms fully pushed in (the smallest setting). If you have a small head, these may be too big!

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #5,749 of 35,338
No offense, but why do you purchase the HD700 while you can get the T1 at even cheaper price currently? The T1 offers considerably significantly better sound quality than HD700.

Have you compared both side-by-side?

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:17 AM Post #5,750 of 35,338
No offense, but why do you purchase the HD700 while you can get the T1 at even cheaper price currently? The T1 offers considerably significantly better sound quality than HD700.

Sorry but "better sound quality" is subjective. Especially disagree with the considerably and significantly part.

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #5,753 of 35,338
Sound quality isn't subjective. How "good" it sounds, is. I.E. preference (sound sig, sound stage) To be fair though, he owns neither, so I wouldn't take his opinion.

Excuse me, but each person's ears hears differently even in terms of the technical specifics. I could be hearing micro details/clarity that your ears couldn't. Hence, that is also subjective to ones ears.

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #5,755 of 35,338
I didn't hear them at the same time to do the A/B comparison, but I heard both within a month. I've heard T1/Darkvoice 336se+upgraded tubes and HD700/Conductor. I vastly prefer T1/Darkvoice 336se+upgraded tubes to HD700/Conductor.

Entirely different setup for each phones. I think that makes your conclusion that T1 is significantly better in SQ quite inconclusive..

Jun 25, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #5,758 of 35,338
No idea how consistent this is among stores, but the Guitar Center in Louisville had blue snowball mics (black, white, chrome) for $54*

Jun 25, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #5,760 of 35,338
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00007056H Recommended a few days ago on this thread, these Koss are simply amazing at $20 and ridiculous at the sale price of $10.

Don't think, just get one and feel bad about the $200 headphones you just bought. Diminishingreturns.com

Quote:
OK, I was skeptical, but these are a good deal. Just got them delivered and I am impressed. I like them better than the Porta Pro. Tighter sound and really good imaging.

It's too early to make a full assessment, but these are sounding really good in the first minutes!

They're sounding so good, I bought 3 more, one as a spare and two as gifts. Great for $10!

Thanks for posting the deal!

A note about the phones: I have a medium sized head and they fit me perfectly with the arms fully pushed in (the smallest setting). If you have a small head, these may be too big!

Welcome!

To add to the note, I've got a big head and I think I might be pushing threshold of the plastic. I wear a 7 5/8 fitted cap. I think it would have a bit more stretch in it but it's pushing it at that hat size. It simply doesn't have enough flex to go maybe 3 sizes above 7 5/8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back