The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
May 7, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #4,741 of 35,342
Also, anyone looking into those Turtle Beach DSS units got one on E-bay without accessories for $18 shipped. Got a usb and optical cable already so no biggie:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turtle-Beach-Ear-Force-DSS-7-1-Surround-Sound-Processor-only-/400700135805?pt=US_Video_Game_Cables_Adapters&hash=item5d4b96d97d

You are killing me. Just ordered one. Going to use my beyers with my xbox one this way:
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/1686126.aspx

May 7, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #4,742 of 35,342
You are killing me. Just ordered one. Going to use my beyers with my xbox one this way:
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/1686126.aspx

for those of you ordering the DSS and getting into console surround, you should look into MLE's Console Gaming Guide for tips and tricks and recommendations on good headphones, etc.  It's basically what got me into head-fi.

May 7, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #4,743 of 35,342
for those of you ordering the DSS and getting into console surround, you should look into MLE's Console Gaming Guide for tips and tricks and recommendations on good headphones, etc.  It's basically what got me into head-fi.

This is exactly what got me into head-fi as well... However, I started with pc gaming using a sound card. Unfortunately, MLE mostly games on PS4 for next gen as the Xbox One is extremely unfriendly toward using a headphone/mic combo

May 7, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #4,744 of 35,342
This is exactly what got me into head-fi as well... However, I started with pc gaming using a sound card. Unfortunately, MLE mostly games on PS4 for next gen as the Xbox One is extremely unfriendly toward using a headphone/mic combo

I use an XBone and there are others in the thread besides MLE that can help if you run into problems.  I agree, it's very unfriendly, but I've been banging my head against it for a few months now so I can maybe help if needed.

beerchug.gif

May 7, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #4,745 of 35,342
  I use an XBone and there are others in the thread besides MLE that can help if you run into problems.  I agree, it's very unfriendly, but I've been banging my head against it for a few months now so I can maybe help if needed.

beerchug.gif

Do you use the headset adapter sold by M$? It only works with the mic some of the time and is an epic pain in the *****. How they failed so badly with it in design and function is just completely beyond me.

May 7, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #4,747 of 35,342
  Do you use the headset adapter sold by M$? It only works with the mic some of the time and is an epic pain in the *****. How they failed so badly with it in design and function is just completely beyond me.

I do.  It works perfectly fine except that there's no option to force the chat audio to go through the speakers (like there is on the 360).  Because of this, sometimes it magcially detects a chat headset and sometimes it doesn't and I can never tell when it's going to work right.  You need a double Y-cable setup to get it working every time, which is silly.

Anyways, back to deals.  We can take this conversation up in the MLE thread.

May 7, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #4,752 of 35,342
While I'd love to have a Momentum, I just got my HD700 in that cost $310 new and shipped.  I think I might have giggled involuntarily in there somewhere...  Oddly enough, seems to take less juice to get to a certain volume than the HE-400, a little surprised by that.  But only barely.  Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing how they sound with 100 hours on them.

May 7, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #4,753 of 35,342
  While I'd love to have a Momentum, I just got my HD700 in that cost $310 new and shipped.  I think I might have giggled involuntarily in there somewhere...  Oddly enough, seems to take less juice to get to a certain volume than the HE-400, a little surprised by that.  But only barely.  Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing how they sound with 100 hours on them.

I still can't get over that price.. I wont lie - I'm kinda jealous. Lol.

May 7, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #4,754 of 35,342
I've quickly listened to two of my favorite Foo Fighters tracks, 2 EDM ones I like, and now switched over to classical...  I think these might actually work as all-arounders for me, quite beatifully at that.  I should stop posting how happy I am about getting these though, I hope to avoid coming off as an ass.

May 7, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #4,755 of 35,342
I've quickly listened to two of my favorite Foo Fighters tracks, 2 EDM ones I like, and now switched over to classical...  I think these might actually work as all-arounders for me, quite beatifully at that.  I should stop posting how happy I am about getting these though, I hope to avoid coming off as an ass.

We are all jealous, but also reveling in the success of the thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back