The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 22, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #34,457 of 35,373
Can you really trust a brand new account on Reddit made just to state this?

I'm not saying it's not actually Focal saying it, but I don't immediately believe everything I read or hear on the internet, especially when it's so easy to make a fake account on Reddit (or any forum) without any verification.
That is a very valid point. Reddit, Fakebook, Twatter and the like -- I read it (sometimes) and forget about it (99.5% always).

Quite frankly, those who are interested in spending this much $ on a headphone: How about picking up the phone (you know the calling thing) and call Adorama, ask some tough questions and insist on getting the response in an email.

Avoiding the 'too good to be true' should be common knowledge...then again...

Cheers.

Jul 22, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #34,458 of 35,373
A bit odd that a headphones.com rep is in here saying a brand new Reddit account claiming to be Focal is saying they won't honor warranty on a sale product from an official retailer and competitor of theirs.

According to this user, people are price matching with headphones.com. :thinking:

https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=164850497&postcount=37

Hopefully I dont get in trouble for saying this, but MAP (Minimum Advertised Pricing) is typically a requirement that manufacturers require their resellers to adhere to. That means, they cant publicly advertise prices below whatever sale price the manufacturer's specify. That's why when you see a sale happen on any given store, its the same sale price everywhere else. That's not just an audio industry thing, as you can see these happen at stuff you buy at department stores too on other household items. Anyway, that doesnt necessarily preclude the dealer to give you a better price to their customer base. For example, some dealers will show "CALL FOR PRICING" instead of listing a sale price.

In this case, it seems like Adorama is not meeting their requirement of MAP, and that's why Focal may be upset.

Jul 22, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #34,459 of 35,373
Hopefully I dont get in trouble for saying this, but MAP (Minimum Advertised Pricing) is typically a requirement that manufacturers require their resellers to adhere to. That means, they cant publicly advertise prices below whatever sale price the manufacturer's specify. That's why when you see a sale happen on any given store, its the same sale price everywhere else. That's not just an audio industry thing, as you can see these happen at stuff you buy at department stores too on other household items. Anyway, that doesnt necessarily preclude the dealer to give you a better price to their customer base. For example, some dealers will show "CALL FOR PRICING" instead of listing a sale price.

In this case, it seems like Adorama is not meeting their requirement of MAP, and that's why Focal may be upset.
Focal can be upset all they want. That doesn't give them the right to cancel the warranty purchased from an authorized dealer.

Jul 22, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #34,460 of 35,373
Focal can be upset all they want. That doesn't give them the right to cancel the warranty purchased from an authorized dealer.
not disagreeing with you here. i think they should still honor warranty, and deal with their conflict with adorama internally.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #34,461 of 35,373

I don't think anyone is arguing that Focal should not be upset - rather the argument is that Focal should be 100% transparent, and post their issue on their own head-fi thread.
If they continue to rely on dealers to post about warranties etc, then you need to remember that from a legal viewpoint dealers are never 100% unbiased.
In legal terms they have a 'conflict of interest', because they want to dissuade potential customers from buying from adorama, and instead buy from Headphones.com (the issue is generic but I only use their name because they are the only dealer awake enough to post on this thread).

not disagreeing with you here. i think they should still honor warranty, and deal with their conflict with adorama internally.
I agree with your sentiment. I accept that Focal probably have a conflict with Adorama, but it is in Focals interest to remain on good terms with any customers who bought the headphones from Adorama.

Jul 22, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #34,463 of 35,373
Jul 23, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #34,464 of 35,373
The newly introduced Hidisz MS 3 gets some crazy reviews!
Introduction price is now 30% off (106,02 euro/ 118,- dollar) and extra 5% off with discount code DEALSMS3
3 different nozzles and 9 sets eartips (vocal/balanced/bass) and a extremely nice cable where you can choose between a 2.5/3.5/4.4 mm connector.
I could not help myself and ordered a pair😊

https://www.hidizs.net/products/hidizs-ms3-2ba-1dd-hybrid-3-drivers-hifi-in-ear-monitors

Even a steal at there normal price (169,- dollar)

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #34,466 of 35,373
Jul 24, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #34,468 of 35,373
Jul 24, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #34,469 of 35,373
Isn't that a very good price?
Yeah and its out of stock now, I have seen them selling it for quite a while so maybe there are more in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back