The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 21, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #3,106 of 35,338
  Concerning the HF2, I read about replacement filters. Are they necessary, where do you buy replacements and what is the cost? Anyone know?

The HF2 comes with a filter changing tool and 2 spare filters. If you need more, you can buy a pack of spares (I think 5 pairs) from etymotic for around $20 or so.

You only need to change filters if they get grimy with earwax. But for me, I've owned my HF5 for 2 years now, and I haven't changed the filters yet... I guess I keep my ears clean?

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #3,107 of 35,338

The HF2 comes with a filter changing tool and 2 spare filters. If you need more, you can buy a pack of spares (I think 5 pairs) from etymotic for around $20 or so.

You only need to change filters if they get grimy with earwax. But for me, I've owned my HF5 for 2 years now, and I haven't changed the filters yet... I guess I keep my ears clean?

What worried me was that I saw someone say that their price wasn't too bad, but the shipping to Germany was something like $50! Don't know how true that is, but its good to know that they don't have to be changed often.....THANKS!  Two other possibilities for me that can be had at a little more money are the Creative Aurvana 3 and the Denon AH-C300 Urban Raver. Any input on these three, as to which is the better value? I tend to listen to all types of rock music.....not much into hip hop, but emphasis on punk and garage.

Feb 21, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #3,112 of 35,338

AKG K619 for $40
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008PCB6Y4/

The price just dropped to $29.90

Lime green AKG Q701 (used) for $126.82
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004444O46/

Thanks!  I ordered the used AKG Q701.

Feb 21, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #3,114 of 35,338

I did the same last tuesday and the headphones I received were new factory sealed... Hope you get the same..

Feb 21, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #3,116 of 35,338

What worried me was that I saw someone say that their price wasn't too bad, but the shipping to Germany was something like $50! Don't know how true that is, but its good to know that they don't have to be changed often.....THANKS!  Two other possibilities for me that can be had at a little more money are the Creative Aurvana 3 and the Denon AH-C300 Urban Raver. Any input on these three, as to which is the better value? I tend to listen to all types of rock music.....not much into hip hop, but emphasis on punk and garage.

The AH-C300 is on groupon for $49.99. I don't know if they ship to Germany though 
confused.gif

Feb 21, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #3,120 of 35,338

I did the same last tuesday and the headphones I received were new factory sealed... Hope you get the same..

Thank you for the wishes.  You caused me to reconsider, and this is what just happened.  When I ordered mine earlier today, there was only one listed, and it was described as "very good" and having "minor cosmetic imperfections."  Now, there are several "very good" ones listed for the same price, with different descriptions. There is also a "like new" one, with description "packaging may be damaged" for $129.55.  Maybe these will be factory sealed. I have just canceled the original "very good" order and ordered the "like new" one. We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back