The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 28, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #30,286 of 35,336
1-year of Tidal HiFi for $99.99 at Best Buy, regularly $119.99. Auto-renews at that regular price. Deal good until 11:59pm tonight and you need a Best Buy account to redeem.

I've never looked into Tidal before but this offer has me interested. Looks like Tidal does a worse job than Google Music in separating albums by artists with the same name. Just looked for the hair metal band Cinderella, and the artist page just combines every album by every band or artist with Cinderella in the title. :slight_frown:
Edit: nevermind I don't think it's available anymore, sorry.

FYI I believe Best Buy has a 3 month trial for Tidal.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #30,287 of 35,336
1-year of Tidal HiFi for $99.99 at Best Buy, regularly $119.99. Auto-renews at that regular price. Deal good until 11:59pm tonight and you need a Best Buy account to redeem.

I've never looked into Tidal before but this offer has me interested. Looks like Tidal does a worse job than Google Music in separating albums by artists with the same name. Just looked for the hair metal band Cinderella, and the artist page just combines every album by every band or artist with Cinderella in the title. :slight_frown:

Wow, isn’t Tidal normally $20/month if you pay monthly? If so, that’s a great deal, even at $120/year.

Jun 28, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #30,288 of 35,336
Wow, isn’t Tidal normally $20/month if you pay monthly? If so, that’s a great deal, even at $120/year.

I wonder if existing subscribers can do this, or if one would need to be a new subscriber that has never had Tidal before?

EDIT again: Edited sentence to be copesthetic. And I believe it is only for new subscribers.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #30,290 of 35,336

Not sure if you used the mobile app or the desktop app, but that's not my experience on the mobile app or Roon (I don't use the Tidal desktop app). When you do a search, it breaks down the results in 6 sections:
Top Result
Tracks
Artists
Albums
Videos
Playlists

So if you're looking for the artist Cinderella, after you type it in select the match in Artists, then you'll go to the artist page that has Top Tracks, Albums, EP & Singles, Compilations, Live Albums, Playlists, Videos, etc. etc.

Edit: never mind, I see what you're saying. You mean if there are multiple bands named "Cinderella" they'll all show up there, right?

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #30,291 of 35,336

Am I reading this right?
It's "1-year of Tidal HiFi for $99.99 at Best Buy, regularly $119.99", when if paid monthly at $20/month it would be ~ $240??

And it is for the HiFi subscription, not Premium!

It really sounds too good to be true...

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #30,292 of 35,336
Not sure if you used the mobile app or the desktop app, but that's not my experience on the mobile app or Roon (I don't use the Tidal desktop app). When you do a search, it breaks down the results in 6 sections:
Top Result
Tracks
Artists
Albums
Videos
Playlists

So if you're looking for the artist Cinderella, after you type it in select the match in Artists, then you'll go to the artist page that has Top Tracks, Albums, EP & Singles, Compilations, Live Albums, Playlists, Videos, etc. etc.

Edit: never mind, I see what you're saying. You mean if there are multiple bands named "Cinderella" they'll all show up there, right?
Yeah, a bit of a mess. I was using the website, my first time looking at Tidal. This also happens in Google Music, where stuff gets lumped together if the artist name is the same.

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #30,293 of 35,336
Am I reading this right?
It's "1-year of Tidal HiFi for $99.99 at Best Buy, regularly $119.99", when if paid monthly at $20/month it would be ~ $240??

If that’s true then it’s worth it. Tidal hifi Master streaming is awesome, especially if you have MQA hardware/software. They must be having a hard time getting subscriptions, most people probably opt for the cheaper tier.

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #30,294 of 35,336
Am I reading this right?

I’m reading it the same way as you. Looks like it’s regularly available at $120/yr, which is 50% off but you prepay for a year instead of month-to-month.

Qobuz did something similar which I believe ended January of this year, which was a yearly plan at $150 instead of the month-to-month price of $15.

Jun 28, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #30,295 of 35,336
The Tidal deal is still active. I pulled the trigger myself.

I’ve gotten various other deals on the Hi-Fi subscription over the past couple years, but usually with gaps in service in between. I think $100/year for the service is reasonable, so I thought I’d buy it at that price.

Sometimes I think companies shoot themselves in the foot by overcharging for a service. If they lowered their prices, more customers would subscribe, and likely make more profit in the end.

Actually, the subscription doesn't work for existing subscribers! Nowhere can I find that stated on the Best Buy site. I suspect if I cancel my current subscription, it might let me, but I don't want to throw away the month I have left. I emailed Tidal's customer support, who will hopefully fix this issue. I recall they helped me once before in a similar situation.

I know I could use a different email address, but I'm getting tired of that game, since I have to start over again with the liked artists, albums, etc.

Jun 28, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #30,296 of 35,336
Actually, the subscription doesn't work for existing subscribers! Nowhere can I find that stated on the Best Buy site. I suspect if I cancel my current subscription, it might let me, but I don't want to throw away the month I have left. I emailed Tidal's customer support, who will hopefully fix this issue. I recall they helped me once before in a similar situation.

I know I could use a different email address, but I'm getting tired of that game, since I have to start over again with the liked artists, albums, etc.
Keep us updated

Jun 28, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #30,298 of 35,336
I must be a derp... I am trying to sign up for the Tidal deal. I paid for the yearly sub on Best Buy, I got the confirmation email with the order number from Best Buy, I went to Tidal, entered my never before used email on Tidal, and about ready to click the "sign up" button, BUT, where in Tidal would I indicate my yearly purchase via Best Buy to get the deal? Sheesh, I can't believe I am having trouble with this.

NVM. I didn't see the activation email. I'm in now.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #30,299 of 35,336
Anyone knows whether the BestBuy Tidal deal would work if I had Tidal subscription in the past?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back