The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jan 22, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #2,446 of 35,335
Me Five!

My first Bluetooth headphones. Sounds ok for a wireless solution. Not up to my V-80's and UE 6000 of course. Very light with a low clamping force.

Best bang for zero bucks.

did they come with any other accessories besides the USB charging cable?
I've read the full box set comes with a wired headphone cable as well if we didn't want to use the bluetooth feature.

Jan 22, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #2,448 of 35,335
  Did anyone ordered the Philips X1 and said that the arrival estimation is March? Does that mean I still got it or are they just going to cancel it? :O

Is this the deal from Amazon this morning? If so, mine got shipped and estimated to arrive tomorrow. I shop with Amazon A LOT, if they give you an estimation then yes they will honor it 99% of the time. Usually you get it earlier than the estimated date. GL!

Jan 22, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #2,449 of 35,335
  Did anyone ordered the Philips X1 and said that the arrival estimation is March? Does that mean I still got it or are they just going to cancel it? :O

Only time Amazon cancelled on me was the $23 DT250's. They even honored the $890 HD800. I think as long it's not obscenely underpriced they'll honor it. It does help if they ship right away, as was the case of the HD800. The DT250 got backordered and like in your case, was not ready to ship for months, and it took them a couple week to realize the mistake and cancel it.

Jan 22, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #2,451 of 35,335

I can't imagine Amazon not honoring it, seeing as it was the Gold Box deal of the day.  The few times I have had a far-away estimated arrival date, I received my order before that date.  My guess is that you will get them in the middle or end of February.

Jan 22, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #2,452 of 35,335
Only time Amazon cancelled on me was the $23 DT250's. They even honored the $890 HD800. I think as long it's not obscenely underpriced they'll honor it. It does help if they ship right away, as was the case of the HD800. The DT250 got backordered and like in your case, was not ready to ship for months, and it took them a couple week to realize the mistake and cancel it.

HD800 brand new for $890!!! Wow you lucky guy!!!

No, they're definitely basshead cans.
It depends on your definition of bass-head cans as some peoples view of them may differ.

Jan 22, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #2,453 of 35,335
did they come with any other accessories besides the USB charging cable?
I've read the full box set comes with a wired headphone cable as well if we didn't want to use the bluetooth feature.

I received my vfree today, they came with the usb charging cable and a 3 foot 3.5 mm cable.

My has already been shipped and will arrive on friday...

Jan 22, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #2,454 of 35,335
  I don't know what setup you're running. The T1 is much more balanced than the LCD2. One's a dark warm bassy can with what I can is relatively good clarity for the price. The other is known for it's crystal clear vocals and treble. As well as micro-details on par with the HD800.

Seconded.  T1's are one of the most balanced headphones you can find.

Jan 23, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #2,455 of 35,335

I don't know what setup you're running. The T1 is much more balanced than the LCD2. One's a dark warm bassy can with what I can is relatively good clarity for the price. The other is known for it's crystal clear vocals and treble. As well as micro-details on par with the HD800.

Eh, nvm not worth the effort.

For future reference, read through the comments that can be found by searching "what is wrong with the headphone industry." (with quotes) on google before purchasing the T1.

Jan 23, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #2,456 of 35,335
I mean, not to get into a T1 discussion too much here but... An individual might not hear the T1 as bright, but they have a pretty nasty treble spike and some pretty bad sound reflections in the cup, since they are semi/mostly closed. The reason they might appear to be detailed is the same reason ultrasones appear to sound detailed: Heavy handed treble.  They don't really have much detail in the midrange or the bass regions. In those regions, LCD-2's detail wins out. 

The T1s are far more unbalanced and distorted than even the DT880

I finally got to listen to the T1 a couple weeks ago - on my own system even :D

After reading all the negatives about their spiked treble and uneven response over the last couple of years, I was shocked at how wonderful they sounded. I would say they are one of the most balanced headphones I have ever heard yet retaining a fun musical nature (terrific bass response). I have heard some people say that their perfect headphone would possess the best of the HD 800 and the best of the T1 rolled into one headphone. If it existed, I would definitely want to give it a listen!

The T1 is leagues better than the DT 880 in my opinion. No comparison...

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #2,457 of 35,335
I mean, not to get into a T1 discussion too much here but... An individual might not hear the T1 as bright, but they have a pretty nasty treble spike and some pretty bad sound reflections in the cup, since they are semi/mostly closed. The reason they might appear to be detailed is the same reason ultrasones appear to sound detailed: Heavy handed treble.  They don't really have much detail in the midrange or the bass regions. In those regions, LCD-2's detail wins out. 

The T1s are far more unbalanced and distorted than even the DT880

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BeyerdynamicT1SN3964.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BeyerdynamicDT880600ohm.pdf

Isn't this kind of sparking a discussion regarding the T1 by listing measurements and somehow correlating that with the "fact" you find the T1's unbalanced/lacking details?

Too many times we hear people detract on great cans like the HD800 and the T1 because their treble is peaky on the graphs. And this somehow allows them to sound unnatural.

In my opinion, if it sounds good to me and I can enjoy the music, it's a keeper.
I'm not one of those people that measure all of my headphones, claiming distortion values and resonance makes a difference in sonic preference.

The T1 is balanced to my ears. The Sa5000 is detailed. Has nothing to do with the treble.

Anyone can read a graph. But how do you actually hear it?

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #2,458 of 35,335
I want to know what those sound like first, but a girl offered to buy my Apple EarPods for $25 (she ain't bright) and I'm tempted to order those paradigm E3Ms. Anyone got a clue where the E3Ms would stack up between the EarPods, vFrees, and HD428 (with bass mod). If they would be better than the velodyne a I'm thinking I'll get them for ease of carrying to school.

Search head-fi...there are several reviews for the Paradigm Shift e3m......from what I remember they tend to be somewhat base emphasized.

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #2,459 of 35,335
Why debate on whether to get T1 or HD800.. or others?

It's not hard to get one for a good condition off the classifieds here.  If you don't like it, you can sell it and not really lose much (if any).

But, like I said earlier...from personal experience, the T1s with serial #s after around # 4000 have less spikey treble.  I have tried both.  The new one is not fatiguing at all, and the sound is just excellent, very very balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back