The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Mar 17, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #20,476 of 35,342
I'm just trying to understand: What "same driver" means?

Does it mean "same driver with all tuning things"? Because if it does, it's rebranding but if it doesn't, it means nothing.

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #20,477 of 35,342
  Did anyone buy two Q701s who is willing to sell the second pair ? I check this thread everyday, but somehow still missed the offer.

I could sell you my unopened K7XX (black and red) that I just purchased, once it arrives here. However, I'm only willing to sell them if I accept a deal that was proposed to me for the ETHER headphones.

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #20,479 of 35,342
  I'm just trying to understand: What "same driver" means?

Does it mean "same driver with all tuning things"? Because if it does, it's rebranding but if it doesn't, it means nothing.

Same driver means just that; the dynamic driver that's used in the TH-900 is also used in the E-MU.
In any case, having the same driver but different dampening materials does not mean a rebrand nor does it mean nothing.  It may have a slightly different sound compared to the TH-900, but the overall signature should be very similar.

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #20,480 of 35,342
Same driver means just that; the dynamic driver that's used in the TH-900 is also used in the E-MU.
In any case, having the same driver but different dampening materials does not mean a rebrand nor does it mean nothing.  It may have a slightly different sound compared to the TH-900, but the overall signature should be very similar.

I didn't say anything about dampening, just said if both tuning and drivers are same, yes it's rebranding.

And if drivers are same, of course overall signature should be similar but that doesn't mean E-MU is totally same with X. And we know that in this hobby, nuances plays big roles most of time.

Mar 18, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #20,482 of 35,342
Adorama has the Audeze LCD-2 for $750.

http://www.adorama.com/AULCD2LATC.html?emailprice=t&hotlink=t&svfor=5m&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

I'm always shocked when I see people asking $850 for a used pair of LCD-2. This $750 comes around pretty frequently. IMO, the LCD-2 is worth around $700, so this makes it a decent price. 

Mar 18, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #20,483 of 35,342
^ I think most Head-Fiers liked the LCD-2 back when it was the r1 and r2 versions though, because the latest revision with the Fazor mod hasn't been quite as well-received. But yeah I agree, $850 for a used LCD-2 regardless of its revision is kinda high.

Mar 18, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #20,486 of 35,342

http://www.adorama.com/AULCD2LATC.html?emailprice=t&hotlink=t&svfor=5m&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=rflaid62905

I'm always shocked when I see people asking $850 for a used pair of LCD-2. This $750 comes around pretty frequently. IMO, the LCD-2 is worth around $700, so this makes it a decent price. 

The unfortunate thing for deal hunters like us, is that headphones tend to be worth the sale price and we expect used prices to fall in line with that. For instance, I wouldn't spend more than $600 on a used LCD-2 and that's only if it's in excellent condition.

Mar 18, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #20,487 of 35,342

The unfortunate thing for deal hunters like us, is that headphones tend to be worth the sale price and we expect used prices to fall in line with that. For instance, I wouldn't spend more than $600 on a used LCD-2 and that's only if it's in excellent condition.

Definitely agree with you on used, but I wouldn't buy it for more than $500. It's on par with the HE-500 or HE-560. But for a new one, might be worth it for those that have to have headphones new. 

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #20,488 of 35,342

Definitely agree with you on used, but I wouldn't buy it for more than $500. It's on par with the HE-500 or HE-560. But for a new one, might be worth it for those that have to have headphones new. 

I had a similar experience recently where a seller who posted the ad was offended when I shared a link with him where price for new item was close to what he quoted for a used product. Of-course, I did that to inquire if he is willing to negotiate. He got all offended and started calling me low-baller and stuff. He was adamant that, he paid so much and can only reduce it little bit no matter what a new one costs. I see the trend very often in one of the Indian Hifi forums where people claim to have priced the product, "decent", "reasonable" etc., and I'm like unless and until it is at-least 25% less than current market price, it is not worth the risk. I don't even bother asking them if they are willing to reconsider their price.

I wonder if the forum itself should post some kind of guidelines where they suggest sellers to consider current market price before putting up products for sale.

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #20,489 of 35,342

I had a similar experience recently where a seller who posted the ad was offended when I shared a link with him where price for new item was close to what he quoted for a used product. Of-course, I did that to inquire if he is willing to negotiate. He got all offended and started calling me low-baller and stuff. He was adamant that, he paid so much and can only reduce it little bit no matter what a new one costs. I see the trend very often in one of the Indian Hifi forums where people claim to have priced the product, "decent", "reasonable" etc., and I'm like unless and until it is at-least 25% less than current market price, it is not worth the risk. I don't even bother asking them if they are willing to reconsider their price.

I wonder if the forum itself should post some kind of guidelines where they suggest sellers to consider current market price before putting up products for sale.

Haha, yes, I can see that happening here in the UAE as well. It's strange indeed.

Mar 18, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #20,490 of 35,342
  Does anyone know good deal on Etymotic ER4 series? Keen to try ER4 PT or P/S series but current amazon price is a bit over my budget. :)

I think they were down to $210-220ish on amazon around xmas... might get lucky with some patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back