The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 28, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #1,846 of 35,335
Might be legit since he's willing to provide purchase proof. I would offer the same amount stated that he paid in the purchase proof + shipping. But I do not have the moneys... =(

He had a picture of it still in the shipping box, which looked like Amazon and he confirmed it. Shipped out on the 20th which is about the right time for the hd800 deal. So I'm guessing a flipper.... Could be wrong but I doubt it.

Dec 28, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #1,848 of 35,335
Might be legit since he's willing to provide purchase proof. I would offer the same amount stated that he paid in the purchase proof + shipping. But I do not have the moneys... =(

He had a picture of it still in the shipping box, which looked like Amazon and he confirmed it. Shipped out on the 20th which is about the right time for the hd800 deal. So I'm guessing a flipper.... Could be wrong but I doubt it.
It really sucks when people do that. Aint it against the rules?

Dec 28, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #1,852 of 35,335
Beyerdynamic A 20 Premium Audiophile Headphone Amplifier (A20)
Professional Grade Brushed Aluminum Desktop Headphone Amplifier with Dual Front 1/4" Headphone Jacks

$479.00

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_72657_Beyerdynamic-A-20-Premium-Audiophile-Headphone-Amplifier-A20.html?

Also at Amazon by same seller, same price.

Dec 28, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #1,853 of 35,335
  anyone else see the HD800 flipper on the FS forums?

Graciously advise him of the forum rules and then depending on how he responds, you can report him. Headfi is not the place for flipping, and the for sale thread rules make it very clear. 

Whoa!  This looks like a lynching (or a witch hunt).  
tongue.gif

Are we talking about this sale?:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/697071/fs-sennheiser-hd800-new-in-box-25383-unregistered-full-warranty-free-ship-pp

UPDATE:  TekeRugburn has provided a link to a different sale, below:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/697132/sennheiser-hd800

So, please disregard the rest of this (unless you, too, had thought my first link was the sale in question.)

If so, I have a hunch those headphones were not purchased via the December 19th, $889.52 Amazon sale.

1) As seen in his photos, they are SN# 25383.   My HD800, which was indeed purchased in that December 19th sale, have a SN# in the high 26,000's.  It's possible that Amazon had inventory with so large a difference in serial numbers, but in my experience, they tend to buy stuff in lots, where serial numbers are similar at any given time.

2) That sale was very short-lived on the evening of the December 19th and mine weren't shipped until the 21st, not the 20th (which had me worried that I was going to get a "We regret to inform you..." letter from Amazon.)  You can find my comments to that effect, earlier in this thread.

3) The seller didn't post any celebratory comments in this thread at the time of the sale, (perhaps to mask his intentions, but most people would want to pat themselves on the back, as I did.)

Food for thought, anyway.  

I say, take the man at face value. He has 21 positive feedbacks with no negatives or neutrals and I see no real evidence of rule-breaking. 

Dec 28, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #1,854 of 35,335

Graciously advise him of the forum rules and then depending on how he responds, you can report him. Headfi is not the place for flipping, and the for sale thread rules make it very clear. 

I wanted to make sure he was a flipper first, so i asked a bunch of questions and it was looking more and more like it.  But I wake up this morning and the ad is closed.  so he might have sold it already.  The pic of it was still in the shipping box with the bubble wrap.  so that was a first clue, who gets an hd800 as a gift and doesnt use it?  

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697132/sennheiser-hd800

What does flipper mean?

someone buying something that was available for cheap, goes around and sells it for more to turn a profit.  this isn't ebay

yes it is

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #1,855 of 35,335

tongue.gif

Are we talking about this sale?:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/697071/fs-sennheiser-hd800-new-in-box-25383-unregistered-full-warranty-free-ship-pp

I wasn't responding to any particular listing. I was just saying in general what I do when I suspect a flipper. Most of the time its someone with little to none feedback because anyone with good feedback wouldn't risk getting banned over a couple hundred bucks. 

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #1,856 of 35,335

tongue.gif

If so, I have a hunch those headphones were not purchased via the December 19th, $889.52 Amazon sale.

1) As seen in his photos, they are SN# 25383.   My HD800, which was indeed purchased in that December 19th sale, have a SN# in the high 26,000's.  It's possible that Amazon had inventory with so large a difference in serial numbers, but in my experience, they tend to buy stuff in lots, where serial numbers are similar at any given time.

2) That sale was very short-lived on the evening of the December 19th and mine weren't shipped until the 21st, not the 20th (which had me worried that I was going to get a "We regret to inform you..." letter from Amazon.)  You can find my comments to that effect, earlier in this thread.

3) The seller didn't post any celebratory comments in this thread at the time of the sale, (perhaps to mask his intentions, but most people would want to pat themselves on the back, as I did.)

Food for thought, anyway.  

I say, take the man at face value. He has 21 positive feedbacks with no negatives or neutrals and I see no real evidence of rule-breaking. 

who brought up that ad?  pretty big assumption that we're talking about that particular ad.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/697132/sennheiser-hd800 this is the ad.  Calm down; its not a witch hunt but flippers are annoying on head-fi.  Don't get me wrong, I'm considered a flipper/reseller on slickdeals and fatwallet but I sell on ebay or craigslist.  Don't have a problem with people making money; just use the right forum to do so.  It's how I paid for college undergrad and help pay for medical school.

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #1,857 of 35,335

I wanted to make sure he was a flipper first, so i asked a bunch of questions and it was looking more and more like it.  But I wake up this morning and the ad is closed.  so he might have sold it already.  The pic of it was still in the shipping box with the bubble wrap.  so that was a first clue, who gets an hd800 as a gift and doesnt use it?  

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697132/sennheiser-hd800

someone buying something that was available for cheap, goes around and sells it for more to turn a profit.  this isn't ebay

yes it is

OK, that classified was a lot more suspicious than the one I found.

Thanks,

Mike

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #1,858 of 35,335

I wasn't responding to any particular listing. I was just saying in general what I do when I suspect a flipper. Most of the time its someone with little to none feedback because anyone with good feedback wouldn't risk getting banned over a couple hundred bucks. 

Thanks imackler - your post was perfectly reasonable.  Truly.

It would have been nice if this topic had started off with a link to the classified in question.  That's why I asked if the sale I had found was the one in question.

Mike

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #1,859 of 35,335
Bestbuy has a ton of competitive markdowns on headphones in their clearance section. A lot of Monsters, Skullcandys and the like but also several pairs of Senns, ATs, and Martin Logans.

Just scroll to the middle of the home page and you'll see the clearance/sale ad.

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #1,860 of 35,335
What are your thoughts that Sennheiser will introduce a new flagship very soon and the prices will drop on the HD800?

Perhaps no drop or about $100 and Sennheiser will put out some new technology model that will go against models priced around the Audeze LCD-3 level?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back