The crappiest song you've caught yourself enjoying
Mar 6, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #181 of 241
Quote:
Why would anyone call a song they enjoy crappy?

Yeah, like fuzzy said. Haven't you caught yourself at the grocery store or something bobbing your head to a song, and then realizing "Oh man... I was just bobbing my head to: (insert crappy song here)"?

Sometimes it's a guilty pleasure thing, other times, its the beat or something else about the song that subliminally sucks you in.

Mar 6, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #182 of 241
Quote:
Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me

GaGa rips off Madonna.
So what does Britney do?  She rips off the Bellamy Brothers.
biggrin.gif

How street is that?

Mar 7, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #188 of 241
Mar 7, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #191 of 241
Quote:
Journey- Don't Stop Believin'.  They actually spell it that way it's so bad.  I'm over it now, where's my Blonde Redhead?

Gosh man, that's one of those ones that's not necessarily a crappy song, but when I find myself enjoying it, I just think of the goons singing it at the top of their lungs.

But hey, hopefully you're not saying Blonde Redhead is crappy. I enjoy a lot of the stuff they've come out with. That newer song "My Plants are Dead" is pretty good, but my all time favorite is "Elephant Woman" & "Hated Because of Great Qualities".

Mar 7, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #192 of 241

Quote:
Quote:

Gosh man, that's one of those ones that's not necessarily a crappy song, but when I find myself enjoying it, I just think of the goons singing it at the top of their lungs.

But hey, hopefully you're not saying Blonde Redhead is crappy. I enjoy a lot of the stuff they've come out with. That newer song "My Plants are Dead" is pretty good, but my all time favorite is "Elephant Woman" & "Hated Because of Great Qualities".

Tell me about it- I can hear every detail of Steve Perry's raspy whisky, smoke and horse-tainted voice with my headphones.  That song can be a guilty pleasure, but listening to most anything else by them and I almost choke on the reverb keyboards and hair.

Oh no, Blonde Redhead is my palate cleanser.  I love those guys.  Told them so like a fawning schoolgirl after a concert at a small venue (The Casbah, you might know that place).

Mar 11, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #195 of 241
     Quote:
Because you know those songs they got a good beat or something, but in reality its not your type of music and or the lyrics arent something your found of.
So it is crappy to you, but you enjoyed it.. mainly because atm it sounded good. Like when people are high they enjoy all sorts of music, stuff they wouldn't normally.

haha thanks =].

I'd also add it can be songs that you don't ALWAYS enjoy.  For example, something played to death on the radio and you hate, but one day you actually enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back