The Continuation Of The Sony Walkman 1Z/1A Thread!
May 25, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #1,411 of 5,322
I’ve been playing around with cases and I think I found my solution. I got a pelican G 40 case and it seemed to fit best of the options. But it was still a little too big so the DAP and IEMs moved around a bit. So I am working on 3D printing a solution for it. This is my second revision. I’ve got a couple ideas to make it even better for the next iteration.
Awesome idea. I don't want to sound as a free rider, but will you post the .stl file?

May 25, 2021 at 9:40 PM Post #1,412 of 5,322
Awesome idea. I don't want to sound as a free rider, but will you post the .stl file?
No worries! I’ll post it later tonight or tomorrow. The cable system is specifically designed for the stock cable on the Z1R so the spacing may not be exactly what you need for your cable. There’s, I think, 2.9mm between each rectangle. You might need that adjusted to be just right for your cable. I did it that way so the cable stays wrapped.

May 25, 2021 at 11:59 PM Post #1,413 of 5,322
May 26, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #1,414 of 5,322
No worries! I’ll post it later tonight or tomorrow. The cable system is specifically designed for the stock cable on the Z1R so the spacing may not be exactly what you need for your cable. There’s, I think, 2.9mm between each rectangle. You might need that adjusted to be just right for your cable. I did it that way so the cable stays wrapped.

Thanks! I will give it a try today.

You can merge them in your print if you want or you can print them separately. I did them separately and crazy glued the cable holder down.

Printing it in two parts is a good idea because will allow me to experiment with the cable management.

May 26, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #1,415 of 5,322
Does it take about the same amount of time to break in the single-ended amp?

May 26, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #1,416 of 5,322
May 27, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #1,418 of 5,322
What happens if the battery of the walkman dies? Cqn the walkman still be used with an external battery pack?

May 27, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #1,419 of 5,322
What happens if the battery of the walkman dies? Cqn the walkman still be used with an external battery pack?
I don't know for sure but I imagine that as it is only battery powered there must be power coming directly from the battery, so even when connected to the charger it is charging the battery and drawing power off the charged cells of the battery.

May 27, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #1,420 of 5,322
You will need to replace the battery once fully depleted as it will likely present further problems down the line, such as expansion and or leakage.
Batteries from other devices will also work as long as the specs match, you will however need to transplant the Sony's battery controller card to the new battery.

TBH the average phone repair guy can do this with the right parts & instruction. Or just sent to your local Sony repair centre for service which for many will be the better move before Sony cuts support for the WM1A/Z.

Q-6

Last edited:
May 27, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #1,422 of 5,322
May 27, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #1,424 of 5,322
Anyone else’s brand new Wm1a arrive with battery fully discharged and require charging prior to first power on? Mine must be relatively recently produced as it has 3.02 installed
Mine arrived with an almost completely depleted battery. It was manufacturered more than a year before my purchase...

Last edited:
May 28, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #1,425 of 5,322
Anyone else’s brand new Wm1a arrive with battery fully discharged and require charging prior to first power on? Mine must be relatively recently produced as it has 3.02 installed
3.02 was released nearly 2 years ago so your player could have been produced that long ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back