The Compass Thread (New)
Dec 22, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #781 of 981
Wow, there I am, my Compass shipped on the 14th! Thank you so very much jjinh, I've been up one side and down the other on that site and never found this info. I'll shut up now and try to wait patiently...YEAH, RIGHT!
wink.gif

Dec 22, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #782 of 981
Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleFestive /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, there I am, my Compass shipped on the 14th! Thank you so very much jjinh, I've been up one side and down the other on that site and never found this info. I'll shut up now and try to wait patiently...YEAH, RIGHT!
wink.gif

no problem. now u just have the anxious wait..

Dec 22, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #783 of 981
You should have a working tracking number by now I think.

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #784 of 981
Currawong - No, I haven't received a tracking number. I did google EMS tracking and it brings me to the USPS site, so I've been watching the mail. The link kindly provided to me by jjinh leads me to believe the Compass was shipped on the 14th through EMS as I requested.

After 4 trys to get a response from MR. Kingwa, I received this message from the man yesterday:

"Dear Martin,
We asked EMS and DHL, they reply us because the days are near Christmas day so there are very lot goods ship to oversea from China, they want ship the goods one batch by one batch, so had some delay.
I am sorry for the delay.
Kingwa"

Not exactly confidence inspiring, considering the fact that despite the indication on the jjinh link of being shipped on the 14th, I still have no tracking info provided, that, and the fact my name is MARK!
eek.gif

Waiting and not knowing sucks!
confused_face(1).gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:49 AM Post #785 of 981
No problem to order from Audio-gd.

I had my RE1, RE3, C39 & C10 within this year, and just received the Compass and now enjoying.

The performance is very close to my Benchmark DAC1 Pre, which is 6 times more expensive. I am considering to trade my DAC1 Pre and get more Kingwa's gears.

Happy X'mas!

Dec 23, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #786 of 981
Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleFestive /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Currawong - No, I haven't received a tracking number. I did google EMS tracking and it brings me to the USPS site, so I've been watching the mail. The link kindly provided to me by jjinh leads me to believe the Compass was shipped on the 14th through EMS as I requested.

After 4 trys to get a response from MR. Kingwa, I received this message from the man yesterday:

"Dear Martin,
We asked EMS and DHL, they reply us because the days are near Christmas day so there are very lot goods ship to oversea from China, they want ship the goods one batch by one batch, so had some delay.
I am sorry for the delay.
Kingwa"

Not exactly confidence inspiring, considering the fact that despite the indication on the jjinh link of being shipped on the 14th, I still have no tracking info provided, that, and the fact my name is MARK!
eek.gif

Waiting and not knowing sucks!
confused_face(1).gif

It's probably been put in to be shipped and just hasn't officially been sent out as of yet. Just give it some time, it is Xmas after all.

Dec 23, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #787 of 981
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's probably been put in to be shipped and just hasn't officially been sent out as of yet. Just give it some time, it is Xmas after all.

Usually,it takes a while to get listed on the A-GD consignment page. All my shipments in the past, the day it actually got listed was the day it was delivered or the day before it got delivered. In line with that is that it gets listed on their site a few days after it ships. Also, he should have a DHL or EMS tracking number.

Xmas, other than a lot of toys coming out of China shouldn't be an issue. They are not Christians in general, so they are all working. He should have received a tracking number a long time ago. All my stuff from A-GD was shipped on Sunday and delivered on Wednesday. I may have had one item show up on Thursday.

I suppose one could postulate that customs is busy with decreased staff, but you would like to see tracking to show that.

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #788 of 981
Yeah, that was the point of my original post. If I had a tracking number, which it seems I should have by now, at least I could see that the Compass is somewhere on the way here.

Delays happen, and I understand that, but to think it shipped on the 14th as listed on the website but hasn't left China yet because of Christmas seems absurd. I guess it's possible though.

I really hope it all works out, but each day without a tracking number or a box on my porch is disconcerting and disappointing.

Dec 24, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #789 of 981
Hopefully the 24th is your lucky day Mr Festive
smily_headphones1.gif
...but try not to get too worried about it...it's on it's way.

Peete.

Dec 27, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #790 of 981
Hey guys. This has probably been discussed but I stopped following this thread a while back... any help appreciated.

My source selector knob has come loose. When I turn it it doesn't seem to 'catch' and actually move the selector, it just spins. If I remove the knob I can change the selector fairly easily so it is definitely just the knob.

I emailed kingwa and he said I should use some glue, but due to language barrier he couldn't really offer more details and suggested I ask here. What kind of glue do I need and where exactly should I apply it? Thanks.

Dec 27, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #791 of 981
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottieB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys. This has probably been discussed but I stopped following this thread a while back... any help appreciated.

My source selector knob has come loose. When I turn it it doesn't seem to 'catch' and actually move the selector, it just spins. If I remove the knob I can change the selector fairly easily so it is definitely just the knob.

I emailed kingwa and he said I should use some glue, but due to language barrier he couldn't really offer more details and suggested I ask here. What kind of glue do I need and where exactly should I apply it? Thanks.

Hey,
I would clean up the inside of the knob and the shaft as much as possible. Then put a SMALL dab of low temp hot glue on it and press in place. turn it while the glue is still soft to make sure it doesn't wobble and adjust if necessary.

Hot glue will allow you to remove it easily later if you need to with just a little heat from a hair dryer.

Dec 27, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #792 of 981
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey,
I would clean up the inside of the knob and the shaft as much as possible. Then put a SMALL dab of low temp hot glue on it and press in place. turn it while the glue is still soft to make sure it doesn't wobble and adjust if necessary.

Hot glue will allow you to remove it easily later if you need to with just a little heat from a hair dryer.

Hey Les. Thanks. Hot glue like glue-gun glue? Also where exactly do I apply it? Do I put it IN the hole in the center of the knob? Or around the edges? Kinwa drew 2 red circles on the back of the knob, corresponding to the two rings (inner and outer) of the center core on the back of the knob, but I couldn't get him to explain where exactly to apply the glue. Thx.

Dec 27, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #793 of 981
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottieB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Les. Thanks. Hot glue like glue-gun glue? Also where exactly do I apply it? Do I put it IN the hole in the center of the knob? Or around the edges? Kinwa drew 2 red circles on the back of the knob, corresponding to the two rings (inner and outer) of the center core on the back of the knob, but I couldn't get him to explain where exactly to apply the glue. Thx.

I would put it in the hole of the knob. You don't want too much so that it squeezes out and glues the knob to the case.

Dec 31, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #795 of 981
Quote:

Originally Posted by direcow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sounds like the compass is being ended... with a new model coming up! It looks like it's going to be a lot of FUN...

Have a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back