The Chord Hugo TT is announced.
Aug 1, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #166 of 282
OK-Guy I'm categorically not promoting anything and have no vested interest in doing so. I'm just curious how the Hugo & TT stack up against similarly priced equipment and merely ventured the notion that this `tour' might be a good opportunity for reviewers to compare gear. Apologies for any agitation caused, enjoy your weekend. 

Quote:
  not being funny, seeing as you want to promote equipment from a different manufacturer wouldn't it be more beneficial for you to organise your own Tour?

you can feel assured that I will not betray the trust that John Franks has put in me by organising this tour, participants will certainly not be piggy-backing rival equipment on my watch so you can safely assume that 'comparative-test' are not allowed, it's actually one of my conditions so I figure I may be psychic... hope this clears any confusion & as iterated get in contact with Chord with your suggestion they really are great guys to deal with, hth.

Aug 1, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #167 of 282
I edited my previous post, opps... I'm no way agitated just replying in the most honest way I can, I do not have John's permission to speak on Chord's behalf about loan-equipment, reviews or the like, hope that clears things.

Aug 1, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #168 of 282
Now if you'd kindly tell me when DAVE will be released... 
atsmile.gif

Quote:
  I edited my previous post, opps... I'm no way agitated just replying in the most honest way I can, I do not have John's permission to speak on Chord's behalf about loan-equipment, reviews or the like, hope that clears things.

Aug 1, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #169 of 282
that's a trade secret, Rob is gagged & I haven't dared to ask... it's Smiley's fault he's into this secrecy malarkey...
confused_face.gif

should be announcement soon I reckon or maybe not... ever thought of finding out how long a piece of string is?, this could be a good time to investigate that lil' nugget...
wink_face.gif

Aug 2, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #170 of 282
Thanks OK-Guy for arranging this.  Very interested to hear the feedback from the lucky so and so's who got in on this 
biggrin.gif

I purchased my Hugo after hearing it (and the TT) at the Bristol show.  It was the first time I'd heard either and it was far from an ideal listening environment but the TT certainly drove the Alpha Primes I took with me better than the Hugo.  A more authoritative sound but equally you could tell they were from the same family.

I can't afford the TT though so hopefully everyone says it sounds the same 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 4, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #171 of 282
I'm actually in the market for an extra DAC.
I'm in no way interested in the headphone section of the DAC I might purchase.
I definitely would like DSD capability and most surely need XLR outputs for my intended use.

I'd like to ask people who heard the TT and OPPO HA1, Pioneer U-05 or PSAudio NuWave (probably a long shot) a few questions. Probably silly questions seen the price difference but used as a DAC only I do wonder.
When considering only he DAC, not the headphone section, how does the TT compare to those?
If these are not in the same league, what DACs actually are that are not more expensive?
Is the strong point of the TT actually the DAC or amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back