The Chord Hugo TT is announced.
Jan 21, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #77 of 282
disappointed with the TT

yes it has alot more connectivity options as a desktop. say if I don't have a Hugo already then I may *think* about the TT. looking at the price difference though and only marginally better SQ, I think the original Hugo will be my choice. most desktop users got their own preamp and power anyway.

and I do have my Hugo, then the TT has no point at all considering the price.

the pricing is their mistake here not the product. Hugo has appeal of its own for being portable as well as being a desktop. now why would anyone pay 2x the price of it for pretty much the same sound and connectivity features when most serious home hifi set-up already have those.

QBD update will be my interest

Jan 21, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #78 of 282
disappointed with the TT

why would anyone pay 2x the price of it for pretty much the same sound and connectivity features when most serious home hifi set-up already have those.

QBD update will be my interest

+1 

i don't know what was the company thinking about, unless they assumed that people don't read and think 2x price = 2x better.

and about the 2Qute for those who can't afford the Hugo and want a better upgrade over lets say X-Sabre, then its a very good option, though i assume it wont be equal or better than the Hugo alone as a DAC which is not fair for the price as well.

i say  we wait now and see how all the reviewers will react on the TT and the 2Qute,cause for now only time can tell.

Jan 21, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #79 of 282
+1 

i don't know what was the company thinking about, unless they assumed that people don't read and think 2x price = 2x better.

and about the 2Qute for those who can't afford the Hugo and want a better upgrade over lets say X-Sabre, then its a very good option, though i assume it wont be equal or better than the Hugo alone as a DAC which is not fair for the price as well.

i say  we wait now and see how all the reviewers will react on the TT and the 2Qute,cause for now only time can tell.
The 2qute does sound the same as the Hugo, Rob watts has said this, it's a desktop dac with no headphone output, it also don't use batterys but rob has said he has worked on power supply and you can tell no difference between the Hugo and 2qute sound quality. As for the Hugo tt, i think it's a really good idea if you don't have a headphone amp already,but £3000 is way 2 much 2 pay for a little bit better sound quality,also i don't understand why chord is using batterys in the hugo tt when rob has managed 2 sort the 2qute without the use of batterys after all the Hugo tt is not a portable dac.

Jan 22, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #82 of 282
The TT uses super capacitors.

So? On the 2Qute thread (link below) Rob says the power supply of the 2Qute is indistinguishable from a 300A car battery, which he describes as " the ultimate PSU from an impedance, in-band noise, and RF noise isolation POV".

So the question remains: why not use the same power supply on the TT as he uses on the 2Qute? 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/749582/chord-electronics-2qute-dac-announced/15#post_11241534

Jan 23, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #84 of 282
Yeah the price is too steep.  The biggest competitor will be the Hugo itself if people liked what the Hugo sound like.  As for that price range there are MANY options to choose from, if the Hugo sound is not your thing.

A 20 to 30 percent or even up to 40 percent of the original Hugo price I would need to think if Hugo or the TT is a better solution for me.  At twice the cost there is no consideration.

Did anyone find the volume knob on the TT not fitting for its size?  

Jan 24, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #85 of 282
  The price is pretty steep...

YEP the price will be ok IF the TT was using the NEW technology that will be used in the next version of the Chord QBD 76 HDSD: the QBD168

to me the TT is "old" technology repackaged as a new product.

Jan 25, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #86 of 282
I really dig my hugo and would drop 5500 bucks for the TT if the power output was sufficient to drive higher wattage demand cans like lcd3. I'm looking forward to posters views on this when its out. I mean for that money im not looking for an amp as well, this would have to be an all in one solution for the majority of refrence cans available on the market. Other than that im excited about the launch and give a wiser golf clap to chord.

Jan 26, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #87 of 282
Going by Rob's posts, they've addressed all the criticisms of the Hugo in the TT, such as the better and separate headphone amp and isolated USB.  I think we're heading into a price band that is a bit of a hard ask, but Chord products are sold the old-way, through dealers and distributors, which means the price is going to be high.

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #88 of 282
first of all silver is ugly as hell..

secondo.. people wanted hugo with better headphone amp

thirdo i would want a tunderbolt ultra low latency asio 4channel hugo with 4 lineout ouput and headphone output so that i can use it for dj gigs..

why not add (8in&8out or 16in&16out)adat or midas for studios

why not add cheap docking boxes so that it create a real portable package..
or better battery time or lower weight is always good or small size

mini xlr balanced output :wink:

---

why not integrate ultra low latency non rigging linear phase dsp EQ..

--

audiophile are not the only clients anymore you know :wink:

these days we want everything in one box but we need low latency and tons of connection for the studio and djings(less output for that)

but all on a chip design like yours are perfect to handle those field.. but think of the studio..

think about that chord :wink:

and keep price acceptable hihi

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #89 of 282
I am on the verge of buying a Hugo. Now I read about the Hugo TT and I'm feeling indecisive. I will mainly use the Hugo for my main two-channel, Ayre based, system. First, compared to other price comparable desktop DACs, do you guys think that the Hugo stacks up? Sevond, how many of you have the Hugo connected to high end two-channel systems?

Thanks

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #90 of 282
I am also wanting to know the same thing as Biggarthomas. How will this sound as the Dac in a 2 channel system?
Does it excell Or look elsewhere......purely as a dac?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back