The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Oct 21, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #3,826 of 5,999
Has anyone tried to connect an ipod to their hifi-m8 via cck(camera connection kit)

Ipod touch/iphone running OS7---CCK---usb/A to usb/B---hifi-m8.

Someone may have mentioned it a few pages back or on the cck thread, sorry iforget.

Cheers.

(If you have the idevice hifim8 version any changes in audio sound or quality?).

Oct 21, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #3,827 of 5,999
Has anyone tried to connect an ipod to their hifi-m8 via cck(camera connection kit)

Ipod touch/iphone running OS7---CCK---usb/A to usb/B---hifi-m8.

Someone may have mentioned it a few pages back or on the cck thread, sorry iforget.

Cheers.

(If you have the idevice hifim8 version any changes in audio sound or quality?).

Yes. Works fine. No difference in SQ.

Oct 21, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #3,829 of 5,999
I really wouldn't be surprised if yours was already shipped, they just haven't sent you the tracking number yet. As I said, I got my email on Friday, but the shipment was initiated on Wednesday.

Unfortunately, I have to wait until tomorrow to get my unit since FedEx already loaded it onto the delivery vehicle yesterday even though I asked them to hold it for pick up. Could'a had is yesterday...

Oh well, should make Monday all the better.

Nope.

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #3,831 of 5,999
Hi Everybody,

We have just completed the second major wave of pre-orders. Next round is due to begin shipping in approximately 2 weeks (e-mail Stacie for more detailed information). Those that ordered after pre-orders were done are set to start shipping as soon as all pre-orders are sent (appx. 2nd week of Nov.). Thanks a lot for your patience .

I do have a question that I was hoping those that already have their unit could answer.

Is there anybody using their HiFi-M8 with the following iPod models:
MB562LL/A (120 GB Silver)
MB565LL/A (120 GB Black)
MC293LL/A (160 GB Silver)
MC297LL/A (160 GB Black)

The number can be found in the About menu.

Thanks!

-Kenny

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #3,833 of 5,999
MC297LL here

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #3,834 of 5,999
Also using the MC297LL here. There is one thing I want to ask: Whenever I plug in the power adapter with the M8 set in iOS mode and playing music I lose sound until I restart the M8.

Anyone else have this issue?

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #3,836 of 5,999
Also using the MC297LL here. There is one thing I want to ask: Whenever I plug in the power adapter with the M8 set in iOS mode and playing music I lose sound until I restart the M8.

Anyone else have this issue?

I'm using the MC297LL/A too and have the same issue as JoonBug when I plug in the power adapter. I have to switch the M8 off then back on to get sound again.

Oct 23, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #3,838 of 5,999
Here is my current source and playback equipment, DAC/AMP:

CEntrance HiFi-M8 4XL iDevice version.
Ver: 0.0.34 (taken from the iPod Classic About Menu. Pretty cool!).

iPod Classic 6G, Silver, 160GB, 1st Version (no revision) from Sept 2007:
Model: MB145 (taken from iPod Classic About Menu).
Model: A1238 (taken from back of iPod Classic).
Version: 1.1.2 PC

I too have met audio disconnects when taking the power supply plug out from the HiFi-M8 whilst listening to music. I need to switch the HiFi-M8 power toggle to it's off position and then to the iDevice position for audio to return.

I use the supplied PSU (large) from CEntrance, but they did not supply the relevant UK power cable. I had an equivalent spare but I checked that it was within the tolerances of the CEntrance PSU (I have only good spare PSU cables and not knock offs or thin cables; this is due to learning the hard way what cheap ones can do...).

---

As a note to iPod Classic owner's, there are many who consider or believe that a 7G iPod Classic exists, but from my research this is incorrect and mistaken with the 6G iPod Classic 2nd Revision, 3rd Version from Sept 2009 (link).

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #3,839 of 5,999
Finally FINALLY my M8 (XL4) arrived today! Initial impression is very good from the start. I'll post more as I explore different functionality, headphones, etc.

I'm not 100% sure I'm going to keep it, as my needs have changed quite a bit since the initial preorder. But the first listen almost tells me "keep it"! LOL. It's just such a nice device.

Oct 24, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #3,840 of 5,999
Hifi-M8 with lightning cables.

Venturecraft

du6uqede.jpg

And

Vmoda Tuono cable.

4y5apy8y.jpg

I couldnt decide so i bought them both (I did post pictures earlier of the Venturecraft but it was faulty).

Venturecraft.
Right angled, slightly smaller sticking out.
more soundscape, imaging and micro details.

Vmoda tuono.
Small profile, sturdy feel to it.
Flatter sound, more lows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back