The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Oct 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #3,811 of 5,999
Like FraGGLeR I didn't notice a significant difference balanced / single ended though there seems to be a slight advantage to running balanced.  The caveat is that it's hard to do a back to back comparison, and I haven't be willing to do the work for a blind A/B comparison.  I also have little motivation since my HD800 is already balanced for my GS-Xmk2 to it's easier for me to stay balanced.

--Mark

+1 I have a 4 XLR female to 1/4 adapter which helps me switch when needed which helps. Now I have to figure out if I like my ALO MKIII-B vs the M8. Have not listened extensively but plan to over the weekend.

On another note I guess I got lucky because I got mine new from hifiheavn on ebay and it arrived in two days. Buy it now on Monday and it arrived on Wednesday and have been enjoying them.

Oct 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #3,812 of 5,999
looking forward to lots of new impressions.!

(trying to keep this thread for general queries etc)

Impressions thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/662881/centrance-hifi-m8-and-hifi-m8-lx-8-versions-incoming-impressions-and-appreciation-thread/780#post_9890224

Thanks!

Oct 20, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #3,825 of 5,999
My guess is next week? I'm a March pre-order too I think.

I really wouldn't be surprised if yours was already shipped, they just haven't sent you the tracking number yet. As I said, I got my email on Friday, but the shipment was initiated on Wednesday.

Unfortunately, I have to wait until tomorrow to get my unit since FedEx already loaded it onto the delivery vehicle yesterday even though I asked them to hold it for pick up. Could'a had is yesterday...

Oh well, should make Monday all the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back