The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Oct 17, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #3,781 of 5,999
I had a choice of blue or yellow, blue was cheaper but I wanted the yellow.

In the end I bought the blue, the price difference was about the same as the venturecraft cable...plus more subtle blue on black.

Oct 17, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #3,782 of 5,999
Hifi-m8, ipod touch 5G 64GB and Venturecraft usb to lightning cable.

u6e4a6e9.jpg

Oct 17, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #3,789 of 5,999
Oct 17, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #3,791 of 5,999
Looks that way.  Lazy as me!

--------------------------------------------

In other news Anakchan recently posted this picture from a Tube festival held here last weekend in Tokyo.

The v-moda sells for the same as the venturecraft from a quick check of Tokyo shops. tempting.

There are similar ones like the v-moda lod on amazon Japan by logitec but I dont know how reliable they are.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/Logitec-Apple%E8%AA%8D%E8%A8%BC-Made-iPhone%E5%8F%96%E5%BE%97-Lightning/dp/B00BWPPTXK/ref=pd_cp_e_1

Oct 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #3,794 of 5,999
Haha.  As long as it works and you are happy.
i would like something even smaller like the lod i had for my hpp1.
The venturecraft will do the job for now, better to have it sticking around to the side than straight back out.

Side note. Of course it is all zeros and ones, but has anyone noticed any sonic differences when using the hifi-m8 with different idevices?

Oct 17, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #3,795 of 5,999
Side note. Of course it is all zeros and ones, but has anyone noticed any sonic differences when using the hifi-m8 with different idevices?

I have.  Can't remember if I posted in earlier in this thread or the impressions thread, but I mentioned that the 5G Touch and 3G iPad both sound better to me vs. a 2 year old Classic, playing ALAC either on device or streamed over my network.  

This also addresses the earlier poster who stated that the M8 sounded bland.  I'd ask what source he's using, b/c I also thought my initial combo of M8 / Classic / UE10 was disappointing.  I've since improved other components of that chain -- now M8 / 5G Touch / UERM with balanced cables -- and I love this combination.  

The M8 scaled up well, so it was not the singular weak link in my original chain, and now has great synergy with my current components.

That said, the M8 remains much darker vs. other livelier DACs such as the Microstreamer and Dragonfly.  But those obviously lack the M8's sheer power, producing very dynamic, satisfying, grinning sound in my IEMs.   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back