The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jul 12, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #2,524 of 5,999
CEntrancers,

obviously with a new product like the M8 "Just Shipping" direct comparisons are sparse, if not non-existent but:

During the M8 development cycle, has their been any discussion in comparing the DAC/Amp quality/clarity/design against the Dacmini CX?

Similar to how a few articles/reviews quote Michael G comparing the DACport to the Dacmini CX.

Thanks,

Jul 12, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #2,525 of 5,999
New update on the blog, they are working on a Possible solution for the 24/96 via internet firmware update.

I am still surprised at how fast the package traveled, it must have got all the right transfers.

Jul 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #2,527 of 5,999
During the M8 development cycle, has their been any discussion in comparing the DAC/Amp quality/clarity/design against the Dacmini CX?

Similar to how a few articles/reviews quote Michael G comparing the DACport to the Dacmini CX.

Thanks,

DACmini is a little louder still due to wall powering. Sonic character is very similar.

Jul 12, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #2,528 of 5,999
MG,

Yet the M8 can also be powered via an AC wall adaptor as well-
so is the DACmini CX "louder" a function also of internal power supply capacities/differences or ?
just curious.  not a deal breaker to either product line for me.   :wink:

thanks for the fast reply, I'm sure fellow users will begin divulging their listening M8 experiences soon.

Quote:
DACmini is a little louder still due to wall powering. Sonic character is very similar.

Jul 12, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #2,529 of 5,999
utehuva2.jpg

zegu6etu.jpg

Annnd, it has arrived!

Thanks again Centrance.

Jul 12, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #2,530 of 5,999
I got a PM from Mike that Stacie is under the weather, I have been assured that communication is underway. I order it on Oct 19th and have not got a reply as well. I trust that this will be taken care of eventually.

Jul 12, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #2,534 of 5,999
I got a PM from Mike that Stacie is under the weather, I have been assured that communication is underway. I order it on Oct 19th and have not got a reply as well. I trust that this will be taken care of eventually.
We've had a frantic couple of days here. Trying to choose the best course of action wrt shipping vs. not shipping. As reported on the blog, we will be prototyping a solution on Monday. Meantime, we will be shipping out LX units, which are immune from this issue, and communicating with those preorder people who have requested a current unit ASAP. Those ppl who absolutely need 24/96 and are willing to wait, will get a simpler solution, avoiding the hassle of sending things back and forth, but they will get it slightly later.

Jul 12, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #2,535 of 5,999
Quote:

> So no 3.5mm headphone out?  Will this product be at all compatible with custom IEM's and universals that are relatively sensitive? Meaning is the noise floor quiet enough for no hiss and the gain structure such that the lowest gain allows for a wide band of volume control?

Yes, no 3.5mm out. But we will bundle a gold-plated adapter for headphones with the 3.5mm jack, so you would be able to use any headphones. HiFi-M8 has three position gain switch, with enough range to accommodate all headphones on the market.

Michael is the bundled adapter still part of the plan?

Or has this changed for units such as the idevice model which now has 3.5mm out. If so then I understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back