The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
May 11, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #2,011 of 5,999
I think he means at what frequencies and how many db per octave...

May 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #2,013 of 5,999
I mean what they do with grown up words like dB, Hz etc. :)

Each gives a slight boost of about 3 dB in the ++ position. Bass accentuates the kick drum area and treble lifts the "sheen" at the top. These are not plain vanilla shelves found in consumer stereos. Both curves have complex shaping and come from years of studio recording experience. They are very subtle-sounding.

May 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #2,014 of 5,999
Does the Hifi-M8 have line out?

May 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #2,015 of 5,999
Quote:
Does the Hifi-M8 have line out?

Could someone address my concern that this device doesnt have an analog output so we could use different portable amp. Everything look great except for that. I am just worry that the amp part wont be as good as mk3 or stepdance 2.

> I've been a bit confused by the 3.5mm jack, will the analog signal be a line out or variable out?
It's a combo jack. The SPDIF out is the digital part, the headphone output is the analog part. The analog part is a mirror of the 1/4" jack. We decided against making a separate line-level output, because the output is so clean anyway, you could drive external amps with the output of the headphone amp.

There should be a FAQ!

May 14, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #2,017 of 5,999
Hello all! Posting from Luxembourg with my shiny new registration! I looked for an "Introduce yourself" forum, but failed to find one... Never mind.

I came accross this forum by accident last week, while performing a final search to try to make up my mind between Fostex or Sony as an outboard DAC to go with my Grado GR10 / iPhone combo. Discovered CEntrance- result
tongue.gif
I will be ordering as soon as available, although at 45 I have grown out of being an "early adopter". Judging by what I read here, and the quality of (most) posts I probably won't go wrong!

Cheers,

Maxbert

May 14, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #2,018 of 5,999
Hello all! Posting from Luxembourg with my shiny new registration! I looked for an "Introduce yourself" forum, but failed to find one... Never mind.

I came accross this forum by accident last week, while performing a final search to try to make up my mind between Fostex or Sony as an outboard DAC to go with my Grado GR10 / iPhone combo. Discovered CEntrance- result :p I will be ordering as soon as available, although at 45 I have grown out of being an "early adopter". Judging by what I read here, and the quality of (most) posts I probably won't go wrong!Cheers,

Maxbert

Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet.:wink:
The M8 should prove to be an excellent choice.

May 14, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #2,019 of 5,999
Agreed there are so many questions that has been asked and answered several times. So a FAQ is probably needed since some people apparently don't use the search function.
the current specs are something I would like to have added to the Hifi-M8 impressions thread and is something I mailed Michael about yesterday.
They have the specs on their webpage but I want to make sure they are up to date with current models before posting.

Also collating the many inquires from this thread into a FAQs on the Hifi-M8 impressions thread is something I could eventually do with a little time.
Give me a few weeks at this stage as I am burdened with excessive work, or we as a community could create one.many hands make light work!

May 14, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #2,020 of 5,999
I once wrote up a FAQ for an equally complex piece of kit, so I might have a go after I've completed my Tokyo write-up. I'll do it as a wiki so anyone can update it.

May 14, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #2,024 of 5,999
I once wrote up a FAQ for an equally complex piece of kit, so I might have a go after I've completed my Tokyo write-up. I'll do it as a wiki so anyone can update it.

Thanks currawong, that's very nice of you.

U sometimes remind me of the villian in the matrix movie. Always around.. But for good cause.. Of course .:p

May 15, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #2,025 of 5,999
Quote:
I'll do it as a wiki so anyone can update it.

Would be really helpful for the forum if the Wiki can be embedded in posts. With so many product releases and development so often, Head-Fi could definitely benefit from some standardisation and empowerment.

These wikis can then be embedded 'spoiler mode' in reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back