The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Dec 19, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #991 of 5,999
Quote:
Okay, my 2 cents on the ad: no need to go back to the drawing board. I like the ad, just make a simple change. 

I took the liberty of doing a mockup for improving it. I hope that's ok.

I like it better like this (with the model on top):

This:

vs. the original:

There are various reasons for this but mainly with it the original way, the eye moves down to the girl and stops there. My way, the eye still moves down and stops at the products, which is what you want.

You see her, you read "Portable.Nirvana", you see the products. That's really the sequence you want. 

Personally, I have no problem with the model at all. 

I'm sorry but in my opinion that's only marginally better and I think it still suffers from many of the same problems as the original while creating some new ones.

Because the top 2/3 is much darker it gives it weight which is pushing down on the lighter bottom 1/3. Also, because of the divider and placement of the company logo and slogan as a base for the pic of the girl to sit on, as well as the contrast of the top 2/3 with the white background of the bottom section, the upper 2/3 and bottom 1/3 come across more like separate entities. The company logo and product name are both in this top section which only adds to this feeling of separate entities, as a result the HiFi-M8 name look like it's referring to the girl. In my opinion the girl is still the overall focus and she still has absolutely nothing to do with what's being sold. If there's the need to put an attractive girl in the ad at least have her somehow related to the product. The "USB DAC, Reimagined" text placement also gets a bit lost and hard to read.

For me, the section showing the HiFi-M8 looks like an afterthought that was pulled from a manual, there's no flavor, there's been far nicer pictures posted that could be used to show off the product. I think if the top section had a glamor shot of the HiFi-M8 or an attractive girl using the HiFi-M8 this idea of showing the front and back could still be used somehow to show off the connections but as the only pics of the product in the ad I don't think it does the job of selling the product very well.

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #993 of 5,999
Quote:
I'm sorry but in my opinion that's only marginally better and I think it still suffers from many of the same problems as the original while creating some new ones.

Because the top 2/3 is much darker it gives it weight which is pushing down on the lighter bottom 1/3. Also, because of the divider and placement of the company logo and slogan as a base for the pic of the girl to sit on, as well as the contrast of the top 2/3 with the white background of the bottom section, the upper 2/3 and bottom 1/3 come across more like separate entities. The company logo and product name are both in this top section which only adds to this feeling of separate entities, as a result the HiFi-M8 name look like it's referring to the girl. In my opinion the girl is still the overall focus and she still has absolutely nothing to do with what's being sold. If there's the need to put an attractive girl in the ad at least have her somehow related to the product. The "USB DAC, Reimagined" text placement also gets a bit lost and hard to read.

For me, the section showing the HiFi-M8 looks like an afterthought that was pulled from a manual, there's no flavor, there's been far nicer pictures posted that could be used to show off the product. I think if the top section had a glamor shot of the HiFi-M8 or an attractive girl using the HiFi-M8 this idea of showing the front and back could still be used somehow to show off the connections but as the only pics of the product in the ad I don't think it does the job of selling the product very well.

This ad is still problematic to me, too. The "message" is ambiguous. The model's expression does not convey "Nirvana" of any sort, to me. Instead, she looks bored or drugged. The arms coming from somewhere else (maybe belonging to someone else!) look strange and, yes, "creepy".  I don't understand the odd way her fingers are touching her face, either.

I thought placing "HiFi 'M8" so close to the model's face was an intentional attempt to send a subliminal message ---> If you buy a HiFi M8, you will attract a "HiFi Mate." 

FWIW, there's an ad that periodically appears at the top right of a headfi page with a gorgeous woman laying prone, wearing a pink ultra mini skirt, and posing with one leg flexed. Her pose is unequivocally provocative.  I've seen the ad dozens of times over the past few months. I still don't have a clue what company and product this ad is trying to promote!  LOL

Dec 19, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #994 of 5,999
Quote:
Hands are creepy!

X2......whether creepy or not (I think so) they detract from the ad and take up too much of the observers energy. One's attention will linger too long thinking about the hands and not about the product being touted.
Its been said already;.......BIG SQ in a little AND affordable package is what you are advertising.  The new Apple ad showing the iPad mini being used right next to its big brother/sister......same function for less price......those are some of the key points to drive home.

Dec 19, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #997 of 5,999
Quote:

I love a great looking gal. But, as an audiophile with terminal spenditis I want tech specs and info relevant to the product I crave. Centrance has put a lot of thought and engineering into the m8 and I think the advertising should reflect this.

Dec 19, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #998 of 5,999
regarding the preo-ordered centrance m8, will there be anything to distinguish them from the retail ones?
eg. engraving saying thats its limited edition?

about the m8 ad, the hand positions seems a bit weird
the arms have a black gap at the bottom, making it look like they were cut/ pasted on
my suggestion for the ads is the smooth out the boundaries between the picture, m8, and company banner as the transition form picture to product seems to abrupt

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #999 of 5,999
Quote:
regarding the preo-ordered centrance m8, will there be anything to distinguish them from the retail ones?
eg. engraving saying thats its limited edition?

We were not planning to make any special distinction between the early-bird units and the final ones. The point was that you would get the actual unit, at a significant discount.
If we had a laser engraving machine on the premises, we could do something special, but we don't (yet).

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #1,000 of 5,999
Pre ordered my HiFi M8 to run my HE-500's. I would like to put a vote in for sound quality over battery life. I want this thing to be legendary.

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #1,001 of 5,999
Quote:
We were not planning to make any special distinction between the early-bird units and the final ones. The point was that you would get the actual unit, at a significant discount.
If we had a laser engraving machine on the premises, we could do something special, but we don't (yet).

CEntrance Hifi-M8 Early bird edition: Because this guy couldn't wait for the actual release.

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:09 AM Post #1,002 of 5,999
Quote:
Pre ordered my HiFi M8 to run my HE-500's. I would like to put a vote in for sound quality over battery life. I want this thing to be legendary.

Nice to see this idea is in demand again.  Remember a few years ago when everyone wanted a 500 hour battery life?  

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Dec 20, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #1,004 of 5,999
Quote:

Nice to see this idea is in demand again.  Remember a few years ago when everyone wanted a 500 hour battery life?  

The age is nearly upon us where people want a small desktop amp so they can tote it around with a battery pack. 

Which reminds me, I still have this backburner project to build an M3 and battery pack into a suitcase...

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #1,005 of 5,999
Quote:

The age is nearly upon us where people want a small desktop amp so they can tote it around with a battery pack. 

Which reminds me, I still have this backburner project to build an M3 and battery pack into a suitcase...

I'm thinking back pack.  10 lbs of amp, 40 lbs of batteries, solar charger panels on the outside, and a connector for the auxiliary solar panel Sombrero...  Ooh, ooh, can I pre-order?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back