The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jan 20, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #5,791 of 5,999
This might be a bit tricky as using Android phones were always more inconsistent with the HiFi-M8 given it had to use a USB OTG cable (and M8 was really designed for iDevices).

I have a new 2016 MBP (TB3 via USB-C ports only), and I've used a USB-C to 2.0 USB-B cable to connect to the M8 without any issues... so I think it may be more an Android digital-out issue than a cable / adapter issue... I use the iPhone though, so I'm not as familiar with Android and OTG.

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #5,792 of 5,999
Hi guys!
Recently updated my phone witch comes with type c connector.
Tried to use usb type c to micro usb adaptor like this but nothing(((
TM-ADPT-CTMB_02.jpg

Does anyone know if there are any usb type c to usb-b cabels witch will work with Hi-Fi m8?

thanks a lot

Its just converter without otg function.
Try googling REMAX USB OTG type C

Jan 28, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #5,793 of 5,999
here's a question (long thread to search through). Can the M8 LX be used just as a dac, line or into a different amp?

Jan 28, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #5,795 of 5,999
Cool, thanks for the response. I'm going to the Philadelphia area meet tomorrow, promised to bring my MicroZOTL2, Illuminati LPS, and HE-1000 (I've brought similar set ups previously). My issue is always what to use for the source. At home I use either a Linn LP12 turntable set up, or a PC/Geek Out Signature Edition/Regen or Revive, into the MicroZOTL2, and I'm really happywith it. It is a pain to take a apart, though, and in the past when I've tried to set up something similar with a laptop, something goes wrong. I have the LX version, which isn't so flexible, but I have an iPad 3 and a Pure iPod base with an optical out, that should work to charge the iPad and conect to the Entrance LX (there will be Wifi there, and I use TIDAL, which should allow people to listen to any music they'd like). In the past I've used line out from a Pono into the ZOTL, whicn is actually pretty good, but it limits one to the bizarre music that I like and have on my Pono.
I have to test it out later (I suppose a laptop would do the same thing, but I have a really heavy one, and the iPad, if it works well, will me much easier, I'd think).
Thanks again!
Jack

Jan 28, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #5,796 of 5,999
Hifi-m8 faqs from the impressions thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/662881/centrance-hifi-m8-and-hifi-m8-lx-8-versions-impressions-thread#post_9415206

*Impedance switch is 11-2-1.

Jan 28, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #5,797 of 5,999
Thanks, charging my old iPad, sounds like a go

Jan 31, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #5,798 of 5,999
Has anyone tried to changing the battery for the M8? Do you have to send it in or can you DIY? Mine is only getting 2 hours now. It sounds great, and I have no wish to change to anything else.

Feb 6, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #5,799 of 5,999
I'm going to start this out saying that I rarely use the HiFi M8.  I originally intended to do so, but I ended up moving offices where I could keep my large rig.  I took the M8 home, and noticed this weekend that after maybe the 5th plug in or out ever of the USB-B connector, that it broke.  I don't see any block that you usually would see with a USB-B connector, so I'm wondering if it was like this to begin with.

So CEntrance wants to charge me $100 + shipping to deal with this.  Has this issue happened to anyone else?  In any event, is there anyone here who would be willing to fix this for less?  Thanks!

Feb 17, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #5,801 of 5,999
  So CEntrance wants to charge me $100 + shipping to deal with this.  Has this issue happened to anyone else?  In any event, is there anyone here who would be willing to fix this for less?  Thanks!

Hey guys, just checking-in to see if anyone has thoughts on these questions.  Thanks!

Feb 22, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #5,803 of 5,999
Feb 22, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #5,804 of 5,999
I have access to a new hifi m8 for about $285USD, is it still a good buy in 2017? Gonna pair it with hd650s.

Yes...especially if it is the version for iDevices. Love how it charges my (dedicated) iPhone at the same time.

Only downside is battery life limited to about 5 hours at high gain output.

Feb 22, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #5,805 of 5,999
Can you still get the M8 with a 4 pin XLR output?  It shows as out of stock on their site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back