The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Mar 14, 2017 at 1:42 AM Post #5,821 of 5,999
Nice. Care to comment on the difference? I will be paying significantly more for the Hugo than the M8. Mainly driving LCd-XC.
well I like both. The Hugo for me is perfect with iems and the M8 is better with Headphones. M8 on good recordings is like listening to a record. A real good record, brings a smile. Hugo sinilar and maybe better in the details whike the M8 is focusing on the big picture. Mi has a lot of power and punch.

Jul 19, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #5,822 of 5,999
hi, hopefully new m8 owner here. i'd use the dac with my phone and i need an usb type-c cable to connect my phone to the usb-b input of the dac. do you have any suggestions where to find one? all i could find on amazon.de and aliexpress are some long printer cables...

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #5,823 of 5,999
did you try Parts Xpress, Full Compass, or Monoprice??

which phone are you rockin?
The M8 is still, IMHO, one of the best overall buys in high end personal audio.
It can act as your main desktop or on-the-go amp (though a bit large). I recently loved a sesh with my MiniM8 too - which, admittedly, I haven't spent enough time with...

Aug 17, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #5,825 of 5,999
Got the m8 for the second time and couldn't be happier. I really do love this amp/dac and prob will be the last one I buy.

goodhome.jpg

Aug 18, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #5,826 of 5,999
Got the m8 for the second time and couldn't be happier. I really do love this amp/dac and prob will be the last one I buy.

goodhome.jpg
congrats! my m8 arrived a week ago, and it pairs very well with the akg n40 i have. the earphones sound warm, the bright/neutral character of the m8 completes the n40 nicely. still in the honeymoon phase, and i have an xduoo xd-05 incoming, but i can see myself keeping the m8 for a long time.

Aug 18, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #5,828 of 5,999
Wait.. the m8 works on android ? The last time I owned it I couldn't get it work. That would be amazing rocking a pair of Beyer T90's at the airport waiting for my plane.

Aug 18, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #5,829 of 5,999
Wait.. the m8 works on android ? The last time I owned it I couldn't get it work. That would be amazing rocking a pair of Beyer T90's at the airport waiting for my plane.
Both, Android and Apple and one other way.

Aug 18, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #5,830 of 5,999
That is so amazing. This makes me never want to go to another amp/dac.

Aug 18, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #5,831 of 5,999
That is so amazing. This makes me never want to go to another amp/dac.
I have been enjoying mine for three years now. Love the neutral sound when played flat, but also love the ability to boost the bass or treble according to which headphones I am using or the type of music.
Finally... love that it connects by USB right to my old iPhone 4s, which is now a dedicated Tidal streaming device.

Battery life is still good for five hours playing at high output.

Aug 21, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #5,832 of 5,999
Just remember the impedance switch goes 11,2,1. :wink:

Theres also an impressions thread somewhere that answers a few usual queries.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cen...i-m8-lx-8-versions-impressions-thread.662881/

See post 2 for faq

thanks! too bad the wiki is down... anyway i found the answer to my first question (how to set up line out for an amped pair of speakers).

there's no downloadable manual for the m8, right?

it should work with every android device running android 5.x or newer version, unless the oem didn't disable this feature. it works perfectly with all my phones within my reach (meizu pro 6, xiaomi mi3 and redmi 3 pro), no driver or special app required.

more on usb audio: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/android-phones-and-usb-dacs.595071/

Apr 11, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #5,833 of 5,999
I’m having a bit of trouble understanding amplifier power rating on the spec sheets and what it translates to in the real world. I’m using the Hd6xx as reference.

I’m the order of from most powerful to least in terms of ability to drive headphones, how would these rank? Centrance hifi-m8, ifi idsd micro bl, chord mojo, Schiit Magni 3, o2 amp. Thanks!

Apr 12, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #5,834 of 5,999
Very good power.

Apr 12, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #5,835 of 5,999
I’m having a bit of trouble understanding amplifier power rating on the spec sheets and what it translates to in the real world. I’m using the Hd6xx as reference.

I’m the order of from most powerful to least in terms of ability to drive headphones, how would these rank? Centrance hifi-m8, ifi idsd micro bl, chord mojo, Schiit Magni 3, o2 amp. Thanks!

I drive my LCD2F (70 ohms) with the M8. At full gain, the volume knob is seldom above “10 oclock”. 1000mw is sufficient power for most headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back