The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Apr 8, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #4,621 of 5,999
Anyone else getting ticked off that we still don't have "higher Rez" support on iOS? Should we start some sort of petition, or whatever?

I personally will give them time till November. The thing is the update can't be done on our side, but will have to be sent to Centrance. So it's not just about announcing that they have the 'fix', but also freeing up manpower to do the "upgrade". The M8 is a stellar product even without the "upgrade".

Apr 9, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #4,622 of 5,999
Does anyone know the actual pin output configuration of the 4-pin XLR socket? Is the configuration the same as any standard 4-pin XLR, i.e., pin 1 is L+, pin 2 is L-, pin 3 is R+ and pin 4 is R-?

I have emailed CEntrance and still waiting for the answer. The thing is i need the configuration by today so i can get my headphones cable reterminated in the shop here before i leave this place.

Thnak you for your understanding. Any help is very much appreciated.

Apr 9, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #4,623 of 5,999
Does anyone know the actual pin output configuration of the 4-pin XLR socket? Is the configuration the same as any standard 4-pin XLR, i.e., pin 1 is L+, pin 2 is L-, pin 3 is R+ and pin 4 is R-?

I have emailed CEntrance and still waiting for the answer. The thing is i need the configuration by today so i can get my headphones cable reterminated in the shop here before i leave this place.

Thnak you for your understanding. Any help is very much appreciated.

Yes, it's standard 4 pin XLR: #1 L+, #2 L-, #3 R+, #4 R-

Apr 9, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #4,624 of 5,999
Anyone else getting ticked off that we still don't have "higher Rez" support on iOS? Should we start some sort of petition, or whatever?

I personally will give them time till November. The thing is the update can't be done on our side, but will have to be sent to Centrance. So it's not just about announcing that they have the 'fix', but also freeing up manpower to do the "upgrade". The M8 is a stellar product even without the "upgrade".
only a few early release hifi-m8 will have to be sent back to centrance for the update. More recent models will be able to apply the update online.

Apr 10, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #4,627 of 5,999
Dear All,

Just a quick update I received regarding the 24/96 update situation:

`We (CEntrance) have been beating our heads up against this wall for over a year now ..........  iPhone is not as friendly as we were hoping it would be.

Please let the head-fi folks know that while Michael is traveling the world, our team of dedicated engineers back home are working hard on finding the solution. If anyone could do that, it would be CEntrance.

That's all I can say at the moment, but more soon.` -David/Centrance.

Regards
expat.

Apr 11, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #4,629 of 5,999
  Dear All,

Just a quick update I received regarding the 24/96 update situation:

`We (CEntrance) have been beating our heads up against this wall for over a year now ..........  iPhone is not as friendly as we were hoping it would be.

Please let the head-fi folks know that while Michael is traveling the world, our team of dedicated engineers back home are working hard on finding the solution. If anyone could do that, it would be CEntrance.

That's all I can say at the moment, but more soon.` -David/Centrance.

Regards
expat.

Wow.  that's the first human name at CEntrance I've heard of besides Michael/Kenny/Stacie.
glad another "heads down" Engr is looking at it, yet:

still confused why it appeared MG said this issue was "solved" awhile ago, yet now the admittance that the iPhone has been a problem for a year.
knowing Apple moves at their own pace, if IOS7 didn't help alleviate the "friendly" issue of 24/96, I am now NOT holding my breath that this will ever be solved with the M8.
Would love to be proven wrong.....

funny thing is, Geek Wave may have found an end around this Apple issue by playing hi-rez files from local storage instead....

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:07 AM Post #4,631 of 5,999
I am as doubtful of geekwaves claims as i am of Pono posturing as the only high res dap.
I doubt geekwaves can play above 16/48 natively on a recent touch/iphone.
Maybe Geek Waves won't be playing it natively on the iPhone but using an app to play on the Wave itself. We'll know in due course.

Apr 11, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #4,632 of 5,999
Maybe Geek Waves won't be playing it natively on the iPhone but using an app to play on the Wave itself. We'll know in due course.

The design is Wave can play in BOTH those modes, as stated by Larry H.
We'll see... Back to the M8 topic now...

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #4,634 of 5,999
Hi everyone, if I have a hifi m8-idevice 4xlr version are there any ways that I will be able to connect it with ak120 e.g through USB connection from USB a(ak120) to the USB B on the hifi m8. Thank you all

No, it's not possible at least at the current FW for AK120. Like M8, the USB connection is a slave device meaning it only takes input from USB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back