The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Jun 3, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #5,521 of 5,999
Did you charge up the battery first?

Going on the offchance it may have arrived with an uncharged battery.

Also the switch should be to the right for IOs devices.

Also try to check if it works with a computer via battery power.

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #5,523 of 5,999
Did you charge up the battery first?

Going on the offchance it may have arrived with an uncharged battery.

Also the switch should be to the right for IOs devices.

Also try to check if it works with a computer via battery power.

Yeah, fully charged first. All 3 battery indicator lights are lit up. Tried computer playback on battery power and no luck there as well, looks like a faulty unit. I'll send it back to Amazon and reorder, they are really good about this kind of stuff.

Jun 5, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #5,525 of 5,999
Hi guys,
Apologies if this has already been covered but is the m8 compatible with Android Lollipop?
Thinking of trading in my Oppo HA2 for the M8 to use with my Galaxy S6 and TIDAL.
Also, as the M8 doesn't have a micro USB connection, what cable/adaptor should I be looking for?

Jun 5, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #5,526 of 5,999
Hi guys,
Apologies if this has already been covered but is the m8 compatible with Android Lollipop?
Thinking of trading in my Oppo HA2 for the M8 to use with my Galaxy S6 and TIDAL.
Also, as the M8 doesn't have a micro USB connection, what cable/adaptor should I be looking for?

The website says; 
"Compatibility with iPhone/iPad/iPod, Android, Mac and PC"

I can test it out in probably an hour to see if it works. 

I tried

Into

No audio played on the m8 nor my phone.

I then tried the charger cords, usb to micro usb cord and the audio just played on my phone. There might be drivers or something I'm missing. I'll never use my phone on the m8 so I'm not too motivated to look deeper. 

Jun 5, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #5,527 of 5,999
The website says; 
"Compatibility with iPhone/iPad/iPod, Android, Mac and PC"

I can test it out in probably an hour to see if it works. 

I tried

Into

No audio played on the m8 nor my phone.

I then tried the charger cords, usb to micro usb cord and the audio just played on my phone. There might be drivers or something I'm missing. I'll never use my phone on the m8 so I'm not too motivated to look deeper. 

Thanks for trying Mr Man, appreciate it.
I'm sure I've seen a picture somewhere of an old Samsung connected to it so theres obviously some way of getting the M8 to play. I'll keep looking.
Thanks again.

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #5,528 of 5,999
I have an HTC One M8, tried to connect it with OTG to the CEntrance M8 (you'd think they'd have a natural affinity for one other), could never get it to connect, got the music app that should allow it. No go, even contacted the app designer, gave up after a while.

Jun 5, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #5,529 of 5,999
Thanks for trying Mr Man, appreciate it.
I'm sure I've seen a picture somewhere of an old Samsung connected to it so theres obviously some way of getting the M8 to play. I'll keep looking.
Thanks again.
search back in this thread for samsung, or htc. I have a galaxy note 3 which is actually my primary use of my m8, and it works flawlessly throughout the android system (kit kat 4.4), and also works with UAPP, USB Audio Player Pro.

I did try the m8 with a coworkers htc one m8, and it did not work natively with the android system. I wasnt going to install uapp on her phone for testing purposes.
Hope that helps.
Also, I use the same adapter above in those pictures for my phone. A small pigtail usb otg adapter, then a 6" short usb a to usb b adapter, and plug that into the hifim8s "computer" usb port.

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #5,530 of 5,999
I tried upap, tried a number of OTG tables, must be something about the HTC.

Jun 5, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #5,532 of 5,999
Also keep in mind, OTG could be squashed by your wireless provider....

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #5,533 of 5,999
I haven't tried the OTG with much other gear, but I think I tried it with something or other, didn't work. Don't know how I determine if HTC or Verizon is to blame, not sure it matters (my blame would always be Verizon, think of them as The Evil Empire). Sounds like rooting the phone would be the only way to get around it if it's blocked.

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #5,534 of 5,999
Seems to me it is fairly limited if you can only use the upap software, I like Neutron, allows high resolution files. Might as well use my iPad for things like TIDAL.

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #5,535 of 5,999
Seems to me it is fairly limited if you can only use the upap software, I like Neutron, allows high resolution files. Might as well use my iPad for things like TIDAL.

Neutron resamples everything for 44.1 or 48 khz playback through the android audio system. UAPP plays everything at native reso through its own usb implementation. ipad for tidal would be the same as android for tidal, i would have thought?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back