The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
May 27, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #5,492 of 5,999
They're not mutually exclusive...I love music, have a really large lp/cd/hard drive music collection, but I also love hearing what they sound like through different components, and trying for the most involving sound I can attain.

May 27, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #5,493 of 5,999
They're not mutually exclusive...I love music, have a really large lp/cd/hard drive music collection, but I also love hearing what they sound like through different components, and trying for the most involving sound I can attain.

+1
It's natural to analysis and at times single out each component to ensure the best possible setup before relaxing to enjoy the music. 
Surely I'm not the only one who goes thinks this. 

May 27, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #5,494 of 5,999
dacport lx is an dac only so please get your facts right. 
I'm entitled to ask for opinion, it's not like I'm trolling here nor are you a moderator so you have no right to be rude towards others.
If you don't have anything helpful to add, then don't, nobody's forcing you know. 
If you got issues, don't take it out on innocent ppl 

You came here demanding answers and acting entitled. You're not innocent. Don't act like you're a victim because someone put you in your place for acting like a child.

May 27, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #5,495 of 5,999
You must be new here.

If this were true the music forum would be a lot more popular and people wouldn't be buying and selling daps more often than they change their clothes

You must be new here.

You haven't figured it out yet. People being obsessed with equipment doesn't change the meaning of a word.

May 27, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #5,496 of 5,999
With all that stuff said, there are people here that used the M8 as a pseudo "line out", to take advantage of the DAC section.

I believe its the impedance switch in the middle, and volume near full?  And I assume you want all the tone shaping off....

May 27, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #5,497 of 5,999
  With all that stuff said, there are people here that used the M8 as a pseudo "line out", to take advantage of the DAC section.

I believe its the impedance switch in the middle, and volume near full?  And I assume you want all the tone shaping off....

*Line out: Set the gain at 2 and turn the volume to maximum, this is effectively the Line Out.
HiFi-M8 is designed so that you can achieve "line level" output by keeping the gain switch in the middle position and putting the volume control all the way up.
-Kenny/Kefsef10 (Centrance)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/662881/centrance-hifi-m8-and-hifi-m8-lx-8-versions-impressions-thread#post_9415206

:)

May 27, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #5,498 of 5,999
Question. How much heat does everyone's M8 produce when you touch it? After about 4h mine feels slightly warm and wondering if that is normal. 

May 27, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #5,499 of 5,999
  Question. How much heat does everyone's M8 produce when you touch it? After about 4h mine feels slightly warm and wondering if that is normal. 

I would say that most electronic devices are going to feel a little warm after 4 hours :wink:

no worries. Only If it is excessively warm (hot) is there a problem.

May 27, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #5,500 of 5,999
  I would say that most electronic devices are going to feel a little warm after 4 hours :wink:

no worries. Only If it is excessively warm (hot) is there a problem.

Alright. Just wanted to make sure since this is by far the most expensive dac/amp I've bought. Prior to this it was $200~

May 27, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #5,501 of 5,999

Alright. Just wanted to make sure since this is by far the most expensive dac/amp I've bought. Prior to this it was $200~

If you get worried be sure to switch it off and let it cool.

Also dont keep it wrapped up in a bag etc for long periods, esp on a hot day.

May 27, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #5,502 of 5,999
  If you get worried be sure to switch it off and let it cool.

Also dont keep it wrapped up in a bag etc for long periods, esp on a hot day.

I mostly bought this dac/amp so I could go from desktop to desktop and run my 650's without an issue. I'm an accountant/computer tech. Since owning the m8 I've been able to prepare tax returns and fix computers at different locations with the highest quality music. 

May 27, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #5,504 of 5,999
And is there any different between 6.3 vs 4 pin xlr ? My good friend can make cables and I am contemplating 4-pin xlr for the "cool factor"

May 28, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #5,505 of 5,999
  And is there any different between 6.3 vs 4 pin xlr ? My good friend can make cables and I am contemplating 4-pin xlr for the "cool factor"

Most fully balanced amps I would say there is a substantial improvement going to the XLR jack, because you usually access the amp's full power potential.  But not so with the M8.  It is impedance balanced only.  With my HD650s I'm hard pressed to hear any sonic improvements.  I sometimes think I'm hearing a very slight soundstage improvement, and other times I'm doubting myself.

With that said, the stock HD650 cable is quite long, and not idea for desktop listening.  So a shorter cable would help with ergonomics.  And I could tell you about the benefits of silver plated copper or pure silver for the HD650, but I'm already hearing the groans for the other head-fiers...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back