The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
May 23, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #5,476 of 5,999
I figure out the problem. The cord from the wall to the brick was in 95% of the way. This caused the unit to only charge when not used due to USB. I fully plugged it in and now its working perfectly. 

Had the same problem with mine. It looks like the plug is tapered or something. If you move the brick at all, it's likely to come out again. I've had to push mine back in a few times when I've moved the brick to clean. Just a heads up.

May 26, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #5,477 of 5,999
Is the dac section of the hifi-m8 a step up from the dacport lx? 
Has anybody compared the ibasso dx90 dac to the m8? 
I can't decide whether to get the m8 or the dx90 and jds c5 combo. I'm more leaning towards the latter option because of much better portability. 

May 26, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #5,478 of 5,999
I had the DX90 and still have the M8, and they are totally different league.  Getting the M8 is good for long term, and you don't really need an amp for the DX90.

May 26, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #5,480 of 5,999
The DX90 is a DAP.  The M8 is a DAC/Amp, and its amp section is quite impressive...

May 26, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #5,482 of 5,999
I like my Pono better than my DX90 (have I said that before?)
Still trying to get a handle on the M8, have sent it back to CEntrance due to problems with its functioning for the second time, waiting to hear back on it.

May 26, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #5,483 of 5,999
  The DX90 is a DAP.  The M8 is a DAC/Amp, and its amp section is quite impressive...

Yes I know the dx90 is a dap.
I only care about the dac section dx90 because if I buy it, I'll won't be using it without an amp. 
However if I were to get a m8, pairing it with an amp would be impossible for portability sakes. 
So has anybody compared the dac section of the m8 with the dacport lx? 

May 26, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #5,484 of 5,999
No one buys the m8 to use as a dac only, so it makes no sense to anyone why you're asking. Further, I don't think someone's going to go out of their way to set it up to use as a dac only just for you after that response.

May 26, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #5,485 of 5,999
No one buys the m8 to use as a dac only, so it makes no sense to anyone why you're asking. Further, I don't think someone's going to go out of their way to set it up to use as a dac only just for you after that response.

Funny cos you speak as if you represent the majority of m8 users which you obviously don't. 
A large part of being an audiophile is to enjoy testing out out different equipment in different way which includes listening to individual components in order to determine the optimum setup.   

May 26, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #5,486 of 5,999
For me the M8 is probably the best utility dac/amp out there. Portable, able to use 3.5, 6.3 and 4-pin XLR, high/mid/low ohm switch and has a wonderful treble/bass high/mid/low boost. I'm running a pair of Sennheiser 650 out of them and absolutely loving them @ about 35% power for a 300ohm headphone. 

May 26, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #5,487 of 5,999
  Funny cos you speak as if you represent the majority of m8 users which you obviously don't. 
A large part of being an audiophile is to enjoy testing out out different equipment in different way which includes listening to individual components in order to determine the optimum setup.   

Let me put this in a way you can hopefully understand.  Being an audiophile is about the music, not the equipment.  You don't seem to get this. Further, to test the dac against the DACport, you have to have both and connect them to separate amps to listen for differences.  If you want a comparison to the dacport, get off your lazy ass and open up the video review by Jude.  Very few people have the means to get their hands on tons of amps & dacs and fewer still are willing to test various components just for the benefit of others.  

You asked for opinions.  You were given some.  This was your response:  "I'm going to ignore what people are saying and keep speaking louder (read: type in bold) until I get what I want."  Now, does that sound like something a reasonable adult would do, or does it remind you more of a child's behavior?

If you want to "test out different equipment in different way" then buy the devices for yourself and test them.  If you don't want to spend the money up front to do it, then stop expecting other people to.

May 26, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #5,488 of 5,999
Well in all fairness, you can't really test the M8 as DAC only since it has no true line out.  However knowing Mike, DAC wise it should be better than the DACport and about the same as the DX90, if you keeping all your testing volume the same.  I got in the conversation late so I don't really know what is your true goal, plus there are likely other alternatives that I can recommend for you.

May 26, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #5,489 of 5,999

Let me put this in a way you can hopefully understand.  Being an audiophile is about the music, not the equipment.  You don't seem to get this. Further, to test the dac against the DACport, you have to have both and connect them to separate amps to listen for differences.  If you want a comparison to the dacport, get off your lazy ass and open up the video review by Jude.  Very few people have the means to get their hands on tons of amps & dacs and fewer still are willing to test various components just for the benefit of others.  

You asked for opinions.  You were given some.  This was your response:  "I'm going to ignore what people are saying and keep speaking louder (read: type in bold) until I get what I want."  Now, does that sound like something a reasonable adult would do, or does it remind you more of a child's behavior?

If you want to "test out different equipment in different way" then buy the devices for yourself and test them.  If you don't want to spend the money up front to do it, then stop expecting other people to.

dacport lx is an dac only so please get your facts right. 
I'm entitled to ask for opinion, it's not like I'm trolling here nor are you a moderator so you have no right to be rude towards others.
If you don't have anything helpful to add, then don't, nobody's forcing you know. 
If you got issues, don't take it out on innocent ppl 

May 26, 2015 at 11:04 PM Post #5,490 of 5,999
Let me put this in a way you can hopefully understand. Being an audiophile is about the music, not the equipment.

You must be new here.

If this were true the music forum would be a lot more popular and people wouldn't be buying and selling daps more often than they change their clothes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back