The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Apr 22, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #5,447 of 5,999
  If you're using impedance to judge whether planars are going to pair well with an amp, you're looking at the wrong numbers.

I was talking about the impedance and the hd800 trebles, and wattage and impedance for the lcd, anyway if you have any contribution to give to the discussion you're welcome (direct experience, feedback), else if you want to correct me about anything please go further with your statement instead of just implying something. 
Thanks

Apr 22, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #5,448 of 5,999
What I said was pretty straight forward, not sure why you're getting defensive about it. Feel free to do your own research. You can't compare impedance on planars to headphones like the hd800. If you want to be paranoid and act like you're being attacked, feel free, but don't do it while quoting me. I don't want the extra email notification.

May 7, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #5,449 of 5,999
Can't find it on the thread but has anyone paired this with the LCD-X?

May 8, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #5,451 of 5,999

Can't find it on the thread but has anyone paired this with the LCD-X?

I have. Paired the M8 with LCDX in balanced mode, it's good but reveals the music quality (file quality being downsampled) a bit too much. Not an issue if you're running ALAC files but still, a FLAC player has better results. 

Not sure what you mean by "reveals the music quality a bit too much". The M8 has enough power to drive my LCD-X's but I prefer the sound signature of my Mjolnir/Gugnir stack. It's certainly acceptable and I have played ALAC, AIFF and FLAC; honestly, all sound about the same to me but others may feel differently. I've also paired my LCD X's with my recently acquired Sony PHA 3 but it does not seem to have enough energy to drive them sufficiently. As long as you like the sound signature the M8 seems like a fine way to go.

May 8, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #5,452 of 5,999
Not sure what you mean by "reveals the music quality a bit too much". The M8 has enough power to drive my LCD-X's but I prefer the sound signature of my Mjolnir/Gugnir stack. It's certainly acceptable and I have played ALAC, AIFF and FLAC; honestly, all sound about the same to me but others may feel differently. I've also paired my LCD X's with my recently acquired Sony PHA 3 but it does not seem to have enough energy to drive them sufficiently. As long as you like the sound signature the M8 seems like a fine way to go.

I mean it reveals the weaknesses of the iPhone as a source, compared to a player like the AK100.

May 9, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #5,455 of 5,999
The first page of this thread has most of the answers. If not see my hifi-m8 impressions thread or search google for the hifi-m8 wiki.

The short answer is 11/2/1 ohm. Most of us got it around the wrong way early on :)

May 12, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #5,458 of 5,999
can't somebody try a multi BA IEM sensitive to impedance and check? something like a SE846 would get very significantly warmer with 10ohm.

May 12, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #5,459 of 5,999
I tried and I wouldn't called it warm.  It's more like overly flat to neutral but not in a good way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back