The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Oct 15, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #3,736 of 5,999
I think others have reported that they get intermittent clicks or pops when using the M8.  I am getting that, too, and it is starting to get a little distracting.  Using the M8 with a Window 7-64bit computer.  Happens with both Pandora and Foobar2000.  Has anyone figured out what it is or how to stop it?

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #3,737 of 5,999

The iPhone has  somewhere between 45 and 50 GB's of 192/24 files on it -  Stan Getz, Fun, Metallica, Stone Sour, Dusty Springfield, The Eagles, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Eminem, The Righteous Brothers, Sam Cooke and whatever else.

This is probably a silly question but how do you transfer high rez music to your iPhone? iTunes does not allow me to sync my iPhone or iPod Classic with anything more than 48/16. The other question is how did you play these files from the iPhone through the M8? Does it support 192/24 already? How can I get this upgrade?

Oct 15, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #3,738 of 5,999
Just saw where you posted the specs of your ALO charger.  That should be fine if the plug fits.  It will charge the M8 and extend run time, but you won't be able to charge another device.

Ok I just need to get confirmation of the ALO charger positive terminal. I believe 12V chargers have a common design but I'll check.

Oct 15, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #3,739 of 5,999
From Kenny at Centrance
Via email, it should be ok to repost here as its straightforward answer.
Michael can go further into detail later after the busy October trade shows have finished.
(I asked about the 4pin XLR version).

---------------------------------------

The unit does only have one amplifier, which means that all outputs are controlled equally with the gain and volume control.

There is a separated circuit board that balances the signal right before the the 4-pin XLR output.

The unit provides enough clean power to allow all three headphone outputs to be used simultaneously without any loss or degradation to the signal.

With all due respect for his effort, Kenny is not an engineer. He works in production, so we should forgive him for not knowing how the circuit operates. HiFi-M8 features a balanced output. The balanced nature of the ouput reduces interference, improves signal to noise ratio and minimizes cross talk between the channels. The amplifier is more sophisticated than what Kenny described. He and I will sit down for a lesson in analog electronics :wink:

Oct 15, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #3,741 of 5,999
  Listening to a few tracks via the new beta of an upcoming Flac app for OS (app name withheld for the time being).

Finally an OS app that includes/displays bitrates and other information (not all info displayed in the pictures).

Hifi-M8, iphone4 (as transport) and ATH-ESW11.

Looking forward to the 24/96 fully unlocked!

Expat, this is a good looking app. Clean and informative. I would use that if I didn't have an ipod classic with a lot of AIFF files on it. I'd be happy to hear more on how the app sounds with the m8. Any noticeable difference compared to the stock player, assuming you have a copy of either album in a format playable on the stock player?

Hoping to get me m8 by the weekend. Can't wait to try it with my HE-500s.

Oct 15, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #3,742 of 5,999
I bought this charger from Amazon for I believe around ten bucks. It is very light and charges my M8 and iPad at the same time. 

Oct 15, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #3,743 of 5,999
khead78 wrote:

This is probably a silly question but how do you transfer high rez music to your iPhone? iTunes does not allow me to sync my iPhone or iPod Classic with anything more than 48/16. The other question is how did you play these files from the iPhone through the M8? Does it support 192/24 already? How can I get this upgrade?

Answer:

The 192/24 currently play through USB only. The 96/24 is coming. So, all of the FLAC files are reduced to the current bit/sample rates of the Hifi-M8 and iPhone combo.

You put a FLAC app on your iPhone and bypass iTunes as a player and sync your large files through the app connection in iTunes. It's just like using GoodReader or a similar app.

Oct 15, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #3,744 of 5,999
Can you please provide a link (on amazon?) to that specific AC adapter ?  
I tried to search by the model number details but amazon didn't find a hit....

Oct 15, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #3,749 of 5,999
With all due respect for his effort, Kenny is not an engineer. He works in production, so we should forgive him for not knowing how the circuit operates. HiFi-M8 features a balanced output. The balanced nature of the ouput reduces interference, improves signal to noise ratio and minimizes cross talk between the channels. The amplifier is more sophisticated than what Kenny described. He and I will sit down for a lesson in analog electronics
wink.gif

oh noes!

heh heh!

In all seriousness now, thanks for clearing that up whilst we were busy gathering false and incorrect information :)

Oct 15, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #3,750 of 5,999
My iPod touch 4G 64 GB will not upgrade beyond 6.x. No cck as far as I am aware. Is this verified Bo others?

Yeah, it seems that the ipod touch 4G will stay on OS 6x unfortunately.

I should have sprung extra for the touch 5G (I bought it cause I didnt want to purchase another custom cable-lightning).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back