The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Aug 27, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #3,122 of 5,999
I have not emailed Stacie about my pre-ordered M8 (first group) because I figured she's inundated with "Where's mine" emails. I wonder if I missed a post somewhere about the status of the 24/96 bug fix? Seems that's the hold-up on my M8 with iDevice compatibility.

Aug 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #3,123 of 5,999
Quote:
I have not emailed Stacie about my pre-ordered M8 (first group) because I figured she's inundated with "Where's mine" emails. I wonder if I missed a post somewhere about the status of the 24/96 bug fix? Seems that's the hold-up on my M8 with iDevice compatibility.

Same here, and I'm also wondering about the 24/96 fix, or rather the ability to upgrade M8s to 24/96 without mailing it to the factory, which is supposed to be the real problem. Michael had a blog entry two weeks ago that said they're very close to fixing it (http://centrance.com/products/new/blog/2013/08/12/update-on-2496/), but nothing since.

Aug 27, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #3,124 of 5,999
I believe people who emailed Stacie and said "we want our M8 and will ship it back for the 24/96 update/correction" are the one's who received first batch units.  If you didn't, you might be in a holding pattern... 

Aug 27, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #3,125 of 5,999
I just received an email from Stacie. She said they are working through shipping the second pre-order group now, first paid, first shipping. It will take them a little while to get through it.

They will be posting a shipping schedule on the blog in the next few days, so you know where you are in the queue.

She also said they have capability for in-home 24/96 upgrade so that shouldn't affect the shipping schedule. I think this means units will be able to update at home, not that the update is ready.

Aug 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #3,126 of 5,999
My HiFi-M8 has landed!!

VERY early impressions:

Techy jargon and ALL aside - this thing F____IN ROCKS.

I'm listening to Alix Perez Chroma Chords album through my Mad Dogs (balanced out from the HiFi-M8,
running as USB DAC/headphone amplifier - and wow the dynamic slam is infectious!!!!

It's open, airy, with a clarity in the midrange that I've come to expect from CEntrance!!

now onto the Impressions thread!

DAMN,
this is awesome.  This means SO much to me, as CEntrance was the last company I worked for before
I went out on my own, and they're such a great team of good-hearted, dedicated people.

Aug 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #3,127 of 5,999
Quote:
My HiFi-M8 has landed!!

VERY early impressions:

I'm listening to Alix Perez Chroma Chords album through my Mad Dogs (balanced out from the HiFi-M8,
running as USB DAC/headphone amplifier - and wow the dynamic slam is infectious!!!!

It's open, airy, with a clarity in the midrange that I've come to expect from CEntrance!!

DAMN,
this is awesome.  This means SO much to me, as CEntrance was the last company I worked for before
I went out on my own, and they're such a great team of good-hearted, dedicated people.

Thanks for the quick impressions, Mike.  Can you do a comparison to the HRT MicroStreamer that you are also fond of?  I have the MicroStreamer, but my M8 won't be to me for another month or so.

Aug 27, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #3,128 of 5,999
Quote:
Thanks for the quick impressions, Mike.  Can you do a comparison to the HRT MicroStreamer that you are also fond of?  I have the MicroStreamer, but my M8 won't be to me for another month or so.

Sure! I'm happy to.

I can tell you already:
The HiFi-M8 KILLS it dynamically.  This isn't a negative reflection on HRT: I still love the microStreamer.
It's just five steps forward (and no steps BACK).

I think the HiFi-M8 is a new class of product when it comes to portable DAC/Amps, especially multipurpose
DAC/Amp combos.  It's sheer power, the gestalt of the music, is blowing me away.  I'm playing the same track
we used at the Headmasters Meet to check out the Audeze closed-back prototype:

Carabou's remix of Radiohead's "Little By Little" and the bottom end is just rippling, and there's nothing sluggish
about it.  Things move, they disappear, and everything has room to breath sonically.

It's like the HRT microStreamer on nitrous!  But it's even more dynamic than that.  I'll do a side-by-side NO PROBLEM.

But having just used the microStreamer at my buddies house (he was working so I busted out my MacBook and cans
and listened while I waited) I can tell you this:

The HiFi-M8 has now become THE component I will bring with me everywhere.  It's just progression, and I am so proud
of Michael and his team.  They put everything into this, and I hope it gets all the proper recognition it deserves.

BRAVO
Tip of the cap

Aug 27, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #3,130 of 5,999
Quote:
CEntrance has redefined whats possible in a portable DAC/headphone amplifier.
I'm BLOWN AWAY

Man! Turn it down a little, will ya. You make me wanna sell my kidney 
biggrin.gif

Aug 27, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #3,132 of 5,999
I am a fan of how the DACport sound so I think they make great sounding gear. But I'm on the fence on how the HiFi M8 look. I guess I have to see it in person and play with it to feel the love.

Aug 27, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #3,133 of 5,999
My HiFi-M8 has landed!!

VERY early impressions:

DAMN,

Sounds like an awesome product. Glad to hear that the mad dogs sound good through the HiFi M8. Definitely going to make the purchase now. Love my mad dogs and am looking forward to my new toy to drive them with. I will be using it mainly via usb for lossless tracks. I was just wondering if the idevice version will work with a rockboxed ipod or will it only work with the ios? Do you or anyone on this thread know the answer to this?

Thanks in advance for any replies/answers:)

Aug 27, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #3,134 of 5,999
Quote:
Sounds like an awesome product. Glad to hear that the mad dogs sound good through the HiFi M8. Definitely going to make the purchase now. Love my mad dogs and am looking forward to my new toy to drive them with. I will be using it mainly via usb for lossless tracks. I was just wondering if the idevice version will work with a rockboxed ipod or will it only work with the ios? Do you or anyone on this thread know the answer to this?

Thanks in advance for any replies/answers:)

I'll ping your question to Michael Goodman and report back!

Yeah I've been glued to this thing all day w/ my Mad Dogs - even in my doctors office (as I just posted in the impressions thread):

CEntrance has raised the bar, and as far as I'm concerned: This is a new class of product in the portable DAC/Hphone Amp category!
I've been listening to my main rig (E.A.R, etc..) for 3 weeks solid, as we've been working on our new house and trying to unpack...

Listening to the HiFi-M8 all day is pumping me up. It's exciting to listen to.
I'm crate-digging as the results of its SWEET harmonics.

You won't regret it!!!!

Aug 28, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #3,135 of 5,999
Quote:
I'll ping your question to Michael Goodman and report back!

Yeah I've been glued to this thing all day w/ my Mad Dogs - even in my doctors office (as I just posted in the impressions thread):

CEntrance has raised the bar, and as far as I'm concerned: This is a new class of product in the portable DAC/Hphone Amp category!
I've been listening to my main rig (E.A.R, etc..) for 3 weeks solid, as we've been working on our new house and trying to unpack...

Listening to the HiFi-M8 all day is pumping me up. It's exciting to listen to.
I'm crate-digging as the results of its SWEET harmonics.

You won't regret it!!!!

Nice Im going to place my order today. Dont think the Australian supplier has them in yet though. It was a toss up between thie HiFi M8 or the Ray Samuels Intruder. You don't happen to have used the mad dogs with both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back