The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
Aug 26, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #3,091 of 5,999
Whoa, can't believe I made it to the end of the thread 
blink.gif

Anyway, I'd like to second the request for the coaxial input for the hopefully coming latter modifications. (I already requested it in the impressions thread, not knowing better, but still.) The way it is now I don't really know what to use as a transport for the M8, be it LX or not. The DX100 and AK100/120 are expensive (IRivers arguably being overpiced to boot) and even if I had deeper pockets I'm not really happy about paying too much for the circuitry that I'll bypass anyway. The X3 or the DX50 would make perfect sense — if they had optical. We don't know much about the X5 yet. Android devices are very shaky ground. Which pretty much leaves us with a few iDevices — if/when CEntrance manages to make 24/96 a reality. As it stands I'm pretty much willing to choose my next DAP based on its compatibility with the M8 (yes I'm hyped, and why shouldn't I be? 
biggrin.gif
) but it'd sure be nice to have some more options to choose from 
wink.gif

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #3,096 of 5,999
Quote:
I'll post this more prominently later today, but here's a video we just posted of the CEntrance HiFi-M8:

Congratulation Micheal!!! I hope this kind of recognition makes you proud.

Aug 26, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #3,098 of 5,999
Cool video - you gotta love the first picture Jude used of Michael! There's a guy who's passionate about what he does. Congrats Michael and everyone at CEntrance for getting through this tough project.

There is one downside to that video however...It's making me really REALLY badly want my M8!! More than ever! Aaaargh! I can't hardly stand it anymore!

Aug 26, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #3,099 of 5,999
Thanks Jude - That is a fantastic video covering the story of M8. That M8 imo has really set a bar so high, I think a lot of amp sellers needs to go back to the drawing board again to even compete on the same league. - The M8 has so many connections, connect to PC/idevice, tone adj and sounded like desktop & match with all my IEM & full size cans with its impedance switch is way ahead of any portable amp out there... not even close... Best of all it sound so good I don't miss my full size desktop & DAC.

So congrats Mike - Me luv ur M8 Vmuch..
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #3,101 of 5,999
Quote:
What if some more people order by then (which I think they totally should)? :)

I don't want to reveal the number of outstanding orders, because it is a large number and because it's painful to look at this number, knowing that we need to wait another 4 weeks before we can ship them all out.

If you have not ordered yet, my advice is to get in line earlier rather than later. We are building a large batch, but we may run out again. The interest in this product is very high.

Aug 26, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #3,102 of 5,999
Quote:
Thanks Jude - That is a fantastic video covering the story of M8. That M8 imo has really set a bar so high, I think a lot of amp sellers needs to go back to the drawing board again to even compete on the same league. - The M8 has so many connections, connect to PC/idevice, tone adj and sounded like desktop & match with all my IEM & full size cans with its impedance switch is way ahead of any portable amp out there... not even close... Best of all it sound so good I don't miss my full size desktop & DAC.

So congrats Mike - Me luv ur M8 Vmuch..
biggrin.gif

Thanks. This community is largely responsible for keeping the fire going during development. We surely had gone into some dark corners over the last year!

Aug 26, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #3,103 of 5,999
Does anyone know where I could try one of these guys out in West LA?

Aug 26, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #3,105 of 5,999
Quote:
I don't want to reveal the number of outstanding orders, because it is a large number and because it's painful to look at this number, knowing that we need to wait another 4 weeks before we can ship them all out.

If you have not ordered yet, my advice is to get in line earlier rather than later. We are building a large batch, but we may run out again. The interest in this product is very high.

Ah, there's no rush for me, I don't have the money yet anyway 
rolleyes.gif

That said, I'll probably get the M8 before I get, say, Alpha Dogs: to see how well my German Maestros scale, to actually have something to properly drive my future orthos and, you know, for kicks 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back