The Centrance HiFi M8 thread
May 28, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #2,146 of 5,999
Thanks for the info Mike,

In that case, I will probably pre-order this. I love how short this is and is only $24.99 + free shipping.

Nomad-3-inch-Lighting-Cable-teaser-001.jpg

May 28, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #2,147 of 5,999
You can always shorten a normal lightning cable.  Only 4 wires and DIY USB connectors are easy to work with.  I've been wanting to make one, but have no lightning enabled devices to test.  

Amazon also has these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009SYZ8OC

May 28, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #2,149 of 5,999
Quote:
The Nomad looks good.Does it also come in black?

I would be cautious with the nomad for use with the M8. It might be too short and inflexible. Furthermore, the USB port of the M8 is slightly off centre, so the iOS device will be off centre if the cable is to remain straight. Though it could probably be secured by the rubber bands in an inelegant, unsafe manner if the port tensions are strong enough.

There are cheap lightning cables around that will work, but the most ideal is arguably the right angled cables, such as the one by VentureCraft.

Sorry CEntrance. Your products look great, but not so great when in use with an iOS device without a more compact right angled cable. 

May 29, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #2,153 of 5,999
Quote:
So Moon Audio makes a Micro-B to USB B "lod". But the connector is straight regular, not angled. Anyone know of anyone making short angled USB B cables? (For android)

Ha! you beat me to it, I was just gonna ask same thing!

I finally caved in and bought a new phone(galaxy s4), after years of using old technology, I finally caught up to the times...but only because I can connect it to a Dac/Amp.
size]

It works great with my RSA Predator.
size]

May 29, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #2,154 of 5,999
just completed skimming thro the 144 pages of this thread..
 my eyes hurt...

Im planning to use M8 with my 2 6G ipods.. but will forgo this purchase if it dont support it..
 whether is playable 24/96 is not important to me at the moment... Im 57 now.. so loss of hearing is inevitable...
 cant differentiate from 16/44 & 24/96..however SQ is important..

Im used to place my ipod and the ibasso amp in a pouch when I am moving around
 they will be sitting in a vertical position inside the pouch 
in that case, the straight lod to usb cable will easly damaged unless a angled lod to usb cable is used.

still confused...
 6G ipod classic is supported???
 pre-order closed????

else my next option will be Venturacraft

May 29, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #2,155 of 5,999
Quote:

still confused...
 6G ipod classic is supported???
 pre-order closed????

else my next option will be Venturacraft

1. ipod classic 6th gen is supported

2. pre order is closed AFAIK, but you could always email CEntrance and inquire with them.(they might not respond to emails right away, as they are busy as hell               right now)

May 29, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #2,157 of 5,999
Quote:
Nooooo!!!!

...or Yessss!!! hmm.

My audio budget this year is going through the roof (Although I cant really count the Hifi-m8 as I pre-ordered it last October hehe heh).

Preach to the choir....... lol

May 29, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #2,158 of 5,999
Quote:
So Moon Audio makes a Micro-B to USB B "lod". But the connector is straight regular, not angled. Anyone know of anyone making short angled USB B cables? (For android)

I haven't found one yet.  I converted a standard A-B USB cable that I had made a while go to a micro B OTG to B cable during lunch.  Will test with my DACs tonight when I get home (don't have an office rig at the moment).  If it works, I will try to make a right angled one.  I will say up front that the micro USB connector is a tough one to deal with since it is small and the solder tabs are really freaking close together.  Right angled might be more trouble than it is worth.

Also for late model Galaxy owners (S3, S4, Note II), the multimedia dock works well as a USB hub and it makes a nice addition to a desktop rig if you use your phone as a transport.  This allows for upright viewing of the phone and the use of a normal A to B cable to connect to a DAC.  Obviously not ideal for on the go, but is what I plan to use in conjunction with the M8 as my office rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back