The Cayin C5 portable power house.
Dec 13, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #826 of 2,420
  Had a chance to listen Cayin C5 vs iFi iCan Nano from iFi Nano iDSD + HD650, I had to say I'm impressed by the full sound and 3D of Cayin C5 added to HD650. I prefer it to iFi iCan, very nice. The only problem is that I don't have enough money left after HD650 purchase lol.

What would you say the major differences are other then battery life?

Dec 13, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #829 of 2,420
I could drive the LCD-X to pretty good levels with the C5+DX90

Dec 13, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #830 of 2,420
Or the HE-560. Easily enough 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 13, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #831 of 2,420
I noticed there is a variation in quality between these. Like I said in a previous post, I returned on of these due to a problem with it. My previous one had a half-dimmed light on the battery indicator, it looked like it was about to go out. It also had a stiffer volume knob that suddenly loosened up after getting to volume #7. The new one arrived with a small little scratch on the metal at the back and the volume knob is completely loose (not too loose but as loose as the other one got at the mentioned volume 7).

Dec 13, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #832 of 2,420
I noticed there is a variation in quality between these. Like I said in a previous post, I returned on of these due to a problem with it. My previous one had a half-dimmed light on the battery indicator, it looked like it was about to go out. It also had a stiffer volume knob that suddenly loosened up after getting to volume #7. The new one arrived with a small little scratch on the metal at the back and the volume knob is completely loose (not too loose but as loose as the other one got at the mentioned volume 7).

You must be the only one having this problem because none of us here seems to have any problem with it. How odd 
wink.gif

Dec 14, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #834 of 2,420
You must be the only one having this problem because none of us here seems to have any problem with it. How odd :wink:

Just one question, did your's come with a loose or tight knob?

Update: I aslo forgot to mention that I have had to return a total of 3. The first had a rattling sound in the inside, the second had a dieing out light, and the third one arrived all beaten up with a corner of the box smashed in. The one I have is the fourth, it has a loose volume knob and and a small scratch on the back. I'm not sure if the former is a defect or not but the latter definitely is.

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #835 of 2,420
Hmmm, reading the above posts about the quality of the Cayin C5 makes me wonder if I made the right choice by ordering it last week Sunday. Was in doubt between the C5 and the E12A before that and chose the C5 mainly based on it's sound description in reviews.

I found the C5 for a reasonable price (GBP 100 = $157) within the EU (so, no extra taxes to pay). But it should already have been here and I haven't even received a tracking nr by the Dutch postal service, to which it was delivered last week. I hope it will arrive this week though and that the C5 will be OK without any issues...

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #836 of 2,420
I bought mine from EA audio on Ebay. Authorized dealer + excellent service + unit in perfect shape :)

Dec 14, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #838 of 2,420
I ordered it last Sunday from EA Emporium (UK), also on Ebay. They shipped it the next day.
Now waiting for the Dutch postal service and customs to do their job...
Can't wait to audition it (with X5), high hopes!
beerchug.gif

Dec 14, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #839 of 2,420
I ordered mine from SHENZENAUDIO on Amazon. They're a great seller as they offered my a discount of $20 when I first ordered it. With prime shipping they arrived quick but I'm getting tired of returning and having to reorder a replacement. I need to find out if the loose volume knob is a defect first.

Dec 14, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #840 of 2,420
I ordered mine from SHENZENAUDIO on Amazon. They're a great seller as they offered my a discount of $20 when I first ordered it. With prime shipping they arrived quick but I'm getting tired of returning and having to reorder a replacement. I need to find out if the loose volume knob is a defect first.

Now I understand why you're getting a faulty unit. Don't be tempted and fooled by discounts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back